OFF TOPIC: HOWEVER IMPORTANT Cherie Walley comes here...

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BelevnDreamsToo
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BelevnDreamsToo »

I am starlight and moonbeams and whispers of wind
I am a ghost in your dreams, the touch on your skin
I am fire in the rain that falls on the grass
I am slivers of wood and shards of glass

I am roses and thorns, blood red and white
I am Autumn and Summer, high noon and midnight
I am the one moment you'll never forget
I am pain and passion, and tears that are wet

I am alien and earthbound, I am remnants of stars
I am hurt and wounded, I am bruises and scars
I am thunder and lightning born of the storm
I am kisses on lips, and arms that are warm

I am rings for your fingers,and ribbons of lace
I am silk for your hair, and the smile on your face
I am sorrow and laughter, I am lies and regret
I am dust from a sun that will never set

I am lost, and lonely and the prayer to be whole
I am the beat of your heart, part of your soul
I am dance, I am music, I am generous and greed
I am words and language, hunger and need

I am life, I am death, consumed with desire
I am ashes of love on a funeral pyre
I am a piece of the past that should have been
I am journey unending until I find you again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From A Month Of Sundays by my darling friend Cherie!

It's been just over two years since "the road warriors" drove down to Sonoma for the first of many Film Festivals and Cherie, not even really introduced, opened her home and heart to us! She was one of the kindest, most generous, loving people I've ever met.

She was so funny too! The jokes and laughs we shared will be treasured memories for the rest of my life! I can see her now slapping her hands together, kicking up her leg and laughing with such joy!

Her poetry and talent for writing was unmatched! That will be greatly missed too!

I know she was surrounded by her wonderful warm loving family at the end. Her other family here will feel her lose for a long long time.

I miss you, I love you Cherie,
Jeannine
<center>Image
Fabulous banner by Bordersinsanity!!!</center>
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

So sad to hear that she died but she will live forever through her writings!
God bless her - EVE
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
mareli
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mareli »

You will be forever in my heart, my sweet girl.
It feels right - it feels right like nothing has ever felt in my life before.

LittleHottie510
Addicted Roswellian
Location: A little place me and Tanya like to call.... ZanLand!

Post by LittleHottie510 »

I was shocked... speechless, even... when Raychel called and passed on the news to me. Due to my inability to be online all that much, I guess I've missed out on quite a bit. I knew she was sick, but I just never expected...

It's like everyone else has said... Cherie was just so full of life... it's hard to imagine that she's really gone.

Cherie... you will be truely missed around here. The boards will never be the same without you here. Thank you for being such an amazing, inspirational person. Your kindness, love, and spirit will be remembered. I hold the fondest memories of you (... and I do believe I have a picture of you kissing Diana's ass... literally.), and those memories will be held in my heart forever.

The world is a sadder place, now that you're not in it. You made a lasting impression... I miss you, I love you, and I'm glad that you're at peace. *Smooches*
<center>S&M-*Twinkie* -n- *Twin*</center>
Roswell 10/2/00
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell 10/2/00 »

Wow this is so ironic being I posted this last night on the Jason Behr thread on Fan Forum around 4AM NY time and 11PM LA time and started to cry while writing this and it was long before I heard the news about Cherie passing.

I feel her spirit some how was with me last night as I sat down and felt compelled to write this.
June R. what you wrote and did was beautiful! Cherie or anyone would be honored to have you as a friend.

God Bless Cherie Walley! Even though I never met her I feel as if I have known her forever through her posts,photos, and wonderful stories. Plus I feel a deep connection to her being she is batteling the same cancer my cousin Kerry who is 29 has and I know how hard a disease it is.

I keep her in my prayers always I know she is a fighter thats for sure she has proved it time and time again and it is that strong determination that makes the heart and soul strong. The willingness to live should be fought for and never taken for granted so fight and fight hard for there are many blessings instore in this life and even in the next if that be God's will! Cherie is so blessed to have the love of friends and family and even around the world on FF by her side helping and supporting her day after day.

I feel now that her spirit is even more bright and is dealing with life in such a wonderful way as only she can do. Please share this post with her. For I feel it will make her day and bring a smile to her face knowing that we have grown to know and love and a share a laugh and a sense of humor that could lighten up your even your darkest day that makes Cherie Walley so special!

Jason and all of us are blessed to have known her and have her in our lives!

Cherie you are one of the angels who walk on the Earth and we are so blessed to know you even in cyber space ;) May love and light be with you always and may you always never been too far from a healing hand to help you along the way. God bless you in all that you do and my you countinue to touch us always with your cheerful and heartfelt spirit.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers for I really believe you have helped my cousin Kerry along her journey. I hope my prayers to you bring you comfort and peace as well.

June R thank you for your beautiful post and for being such a kind and caring friend. May you be blessed in all that you do.

My prayers are with you and Cheries family always. God bless.
Love,
Erin
lizard_queen
Addicted Roswellian

Post by lizard_queen »

I'm so sorry to hear the news. Rest in Peace Cherie. You'll be missed by everyone.
:D Ki-ki :D

My Stuff

xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

I read the news on another board and I was sad to learn about Cherie passing away. I thought she was going to beat it. It's really a sad day.

RIP Cherie. And Dreamer393, too.
Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Michelle in LA »

Well, this certainly put into perspective any moaning or complaining I was doing about my life, today. Suddenly all the little annoying things—and even the big annoying things—shrank back into proportion.

I can't say "Rest in Peace"—I can't imagine Cherie resting! I think she'll ride that "whisper of wind," from her poetry, above.

I like to think she's finally free, so that the wild, youthful, joyful spirit can take a form more natural to it—something marvelous, iridescent, and "glowing on the inside."

I had a near-death experience once, and it seemed to me that the only thing that matters when you go is that you were known and loved. If you were, then a beam of light stretches upwards to ride upon and guide your way, and if you weren't, it's unlit, in darkness.

If my impressions were right, then Cherie better've brought SPF 50, because she'll ride such a beam of love that it could toast marshmallows!

I've never known someone like her, who was loved by just everybody her life touched, and it seems to have touched so many! She was the life of every gathering, and the music of laughter in any room she entered.

I've always thought that if you've lived right, people can't talk about you for 5 minutes without laughing. I was thinking over, after I heard the news, my many escapades with Cherie, and I couldn't help but burst out laughing. I had been strolling along a sidewalk when I got the call, and I had to sit down on a low wall to recover—and I got strange looks from people who saw me suddenly laugh or chuckle, while tears streamed down my face.

Cherie m'dear, there's no one like you, and there never will be. One of a kind.

You will be missed forever.
~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

I feel...really sad for those of us who loved Cherie yet there's a fair share of sweet with the bitter when I think about her because I also truly believe that Cherie is at peace and not suffering now. Plus, if you ever met her, then you knew instantly that she lived a full life.

I have no more words but here's what I posted in my Live Journal:

<i>I just got a really sad email--a fandom friend has died, and one that I had the honor of meeting in RL.

Cherie, you were hilarious, and sweet, and the awesomest and smuttiest "old lady" (your words, not mine, lady) ever to grace Roswell fandom I'm wagerin'. You gifted us with poetic prose of your own and amazing feedback.

And I'm glad that I got to chat with you some weeks ago in the good ol' LOD chat, home to the "chat whores" of whom you were one of the best.

You'll be missed.</i>
My Author's Page
"I'm sorry baby, I'm a bad, rude man." -Spike
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

Like so many people I didn't know Cherie well, but I loved what I knew. She not only wrote beautiful words but was an amazingly kind and supportive person.

Cherie seemed to be so strong with coping with her illness, and with all that she must have gone through recently I'm glad she's finally at peace.