OFF TOPIC: HOWEVER IMPORTANT Cherie Walley comes here...

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Majesty
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Majesty »

For Cherie.

She was such a lovely lady with a wonderful sense of humor, and I'm glad that I got to know her through the Roswell fic world. She will be missed.
Cookie2697
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Cookie2697 »

Liz, or Jero, or whoever is in touch with Cherie's family...will you please let me know if you hear anything about services or anything? I'd like to attend.

I'm so very sad to hear this....I'd been delaying in going to see her because I got the impression that her coming home from the hospital meant that she was getting better :( Now it's too late :(
Imagineatness
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Imagineatness »

I've been postponing a post at this thread, partly because I never got to know Cherie other than through her writing. Now that she has passed, this post feels a little more empty than it would have.

Just because I have never had the pleasure of meeting Cherie, doesn't mean that I couldn't just tell what a wonderful person she was. Warm, and loving. She will truly be missed, and by far more than she really knows.

RIP Cherie
The truth is an incredibly subjective experience. It's all about perception. You paint the picture just how you want it to look and nobody really has the qualifications to question it.
--Core by Incognito
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

I don't even know what to say right now. I, like a lot of you, just never expected this. I guess no one ever does. Right now I can only remember the countless long nights spent chatting with Cherie...laughing and being crazy. She was loved by many...and she was loved by me. I will miss her dearly.

You will be missed Cherie, My Pie. *smooches* forever...
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

...may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

And the world becomes just a little bit smaller and poorer. My thoughts and prayers are with her family. I have no fear for Cherie now, because I know where she is tonight.

Rick
Last edited by Kzinti_Killer on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
jero
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jero »

"I am starlight and moonbeams and whispers of wind"

Love You Sweetie! Thanks for brightening my life! :)
jero

Roswellian, and PROUD of it!

VOTE for Roswell!
LTL
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LTL »

If anyone lived life with gusto, it was cherie. It's a comfort to know that she lived every moment to the fullest while she could, but I can't imagine that wonderful laugh silenced or that we won't have any new stories from her.

"It doesn't really matter if you believe my story or not. I only know that once in my life I gave a kind and gentle soul a gift."
-- September and Other Sorrows

You gave us all so many gifts, Cherie, and you will be sorely missed.
What are you doing here, Max?
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

Cherie was a good friend of mine. We got to know each other through our stories first, and later in person at last year’s Bowl-a-thon. It wasn’t until I met her that I realized what a truly unique soul she was. Aside from being hilarious, she was full of life, enthusiastic, and just plain sweet. I can be pretty inept when it comes to explaining how I feel, but I can only say that my life is better because I knew her, and I feel a great loss now that she is gone.

Cherie: You were an awesome person and full of life. Upon meeting you, I knew that I wanted to be like you when I get to your age. I love you, sweetheart, and miss you. I always will.
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

This news is just so sad. I will miss cherie so much. Her posts on my stories always made me smile, and her stories were amongst the poetic I have ever read. I never got the chance to meet her in real life, and I really regret that. I will miss her immensely. Rest in peace, cherie.
Eccentric One
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eccentric One »

:(

I am looking for a quotation I knew years ago that is just so appropriate for our beloved Cherie. As soon as I can find it I will post it. In the meantime, I found this one.

It's from Jack London. But it is something I can totally hear Cherie saying:

"I would rather be ashes than dust.
I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by a dryrot.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in a magnificient glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.
I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them.
I shall use my time."

Kara
Last edited by Eccentric One on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exhortation. - Sherlock Holmes