OFF TOPIC: HOWEVER IMPORTANT Cherie Walley comes here...

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scottie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Scottie »

Cherie - you're in my thoughts and prayers. All the Caps send their collective love and healing vibes to you. We miss you lots and think of you constantly. Feel better soon, we refuse to give up on you, woman!

Jero - I'd love to have Cherie's address if you'd send me a pm, I'd appreciate it.
~Dreamer~
~Slash Ho~
~Sexual Healer~
Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Michelle in LA »

I talked to Cherie's daughter Carla today, and she confirmed that they're looking into hospice care. It means what we thought it did—that Cherie will not be subjected to more treatments.

Cherie is out of the hospital and resting at home, but is not able to talk on the phone. The family appreciates the wide circle of loving friends who have been expressing their love and sending their prayers.

~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B
CheriBomb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by CheriBomb »

Michelle,

Thanks for the update. If someone could PM me with an address to send a card to Cherie, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Cheri
IAmLongTimeFan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by IAmLongTimeFan »

I had the same conversation today with someone - I didn't stay on the phone long enough to get a name of who I was speaking with but Cherie was sleeping when I called.
majiklmoon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by majiklmoon »

CheriBomb wrote:Michelle,

Thanks for the update. If someone could PM me with an address to send a card to Cherie, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Cheri
me too, please
Chynna Princess
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Chynna Princess »

I'd like to send a card too please.
CheriBomb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Sad news...

Post by CheriBomb »

I should probably leave this for jero or someone else, but I just received the news that Cherie has passed away.

I will miss her, and I am so thankful for the time that I was able to spend with her at SXSW in March.

Cheri
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

I am so sad to hear this. I truly hoped she would be able to beat this. We are all going to miss Cherie sorely. She was so much to every person here, myself included. If there is any good in this it is that she's not suffering anymore, and she's in a much better place now. Both cancer and chemo take a lot out of you. But we are going to miss her terribly around here and on a ton of other boards, too. Cherie was truly one-of-a-kind. And her many wonderful stories will live on far beyond us all for the pleasure of generations to come. Cherie, all my love. Remember us up there. We'll never forget you here.

Gerry
IAmLongTimeFan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by IAmLongTimeFan »

I talked with the family earlier today - Cherie went peacefully. The family will make a statement after they've had time to absorb this.

I'm so fortunate to have gotten to know Cherie so well and I'll miss her greatly. My heart breaks. I know we'll all miss her beautiful heart and her amazing poetic writing. She's a story left unfinished - gone too soon.

*Edit*
I also wanted to say that she got her wish and got to go home this week from the hospital - which I'm sure was a relief to her and her family.
Last edited by IAmLongTimeFan on Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason's Lover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Jason's Lover »

I'm incredibly saddened to hear of the news. She was such a warm and lively person... very special. She'll be sorely missed.