In Memory...Margarita (ñusta)

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

singerchic4
Forum Moderator

In Memory...Margarita (ñusta)

Post by singerchic4 »

Hello all.

I am very sad to inform you all of the death of one of our own. Nusta was a great writer and a long time reader here at fanatics. Here is the message:
ñusta wrote:Sadly to inform you that this will be my last entry for Ñusta, as my dear friend from many years left us almost a month ago by her own choice. Lately, she had had very little cases of physical abuse but far too many of psychological one, and they proved to be too much for her. Among the things she left me, was this jewel, which wraps up her two fics, The Martyr of Antar and The Calm Before the Storm. I should have posted it sooner, as she would have wanted, but I’ve just found the strength to do it. I shall continue enjoying this site by myself, with my own profile, but just reading and post replying, as unfortunately, I’m no writer at all. My deepest thanks on Ñusta’s behalf, and I hope you like it. Enjoy.
Thank you so much for your pm. Yes, Ñusta took her life with sleeping pills on November 9th. She had been living back in her native Cuzco for some time, trying to fight severe bouts of depression. I'm afraid that what she gave the Pod Squad and their friends in her last chapter is what she wished for and hoped to get herself. Who knows, maybe she did, and I truly expect we all will in the end. We were childhood friends from the neighbourhood and she was like a sister to me. It has been a great loss after my mother, who also was Margarita's (Ñusta) godmother, passed away last year. I'm very lonely now, but I have to pull up my socks and provide for my four 'kids': a 17 year old Peruvian Paso stallion and three 12 year old dobies that I adopted after they were simply kicked out of their home where they had been born by a heartless owner. Guess life will go on, regardless, and I will keep on bugging you guys with my post replies!
I'm working on adopting my own profile, which will be "purple daisy". It is a merge of our names: purple for mine: violet, and daisy for hers: Margarita, which though it should be translated in English into 'Margaret', in Spanish it's namesake for the flower, daisy. That will be me, from now on.
My prayers are with her dear friend who thought of her as a sister, who made the post above in the AA forum.

Margarita, may you rest in peace...my prayers are with you!

Here is a siggie I made for anyone who would like to use it:
And in liew of Margarita's association with Michael I made this one:

Lindsay
Last edited by singerchic4 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
If you're having a bad day and in need of a good laugh, click the siggie.
Check out my fics and art
Board ArchivesRulesFundraising
guelbebek
Addicted Roswellian

Post by guelbebek »

Margarita, rest in peace.
Roswell 4th Season in German! 17 Episodes are online. (Update 25/08)

My Authors Page
German Roswell Fictions
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

So sorry about your lost, espcially at this time!

EVE :cry: :?
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
suicide_eagle_rath
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by suicide_eagle_rath »

I was very sadden and shocked beyond measure to hear of the passing of Ñusta.

On that day Roswell lost a talented young writer who was blessed with a good heart and soul. How and why she died is tragic and touches all that read of the event and knew of her past that brought her to that final decision.

A non-native English speaker, Ñusta wrote with her translator Violet, a wonderful lady in her own regards. Ñusta’s vision of Roswell accumulated into a massive story divided into three separate parts, The Martyr of Antar, Calm Before the Storm, and post-humanously the epilogue Aftermath and Eternity

The main figure in her story was Michael. Ñusta loved Michael as a character because he reminded her of Violet’s brother, whom Ñusta considered as her own kid brother. The brother, also named Michael, unfortunately preceded her in death

From her own words:
“The other reason was personal, because watching the show, reminded us of my brother’s stunts and adventures, which he had many, and being so close to me, he kept nothing away from me. We used them on the fic, because they were so alike, because they had suffered so much through unfair situations, because they were so protective and loyal to the ones they loved, because they were strong and brave, impulsive and reckless, because when they loved someone they did it with all their hearts, because they were hard to understand sometimes, but when you did, you saw the great person they really were. My brother didn’t resemble his Roswell namesake physically except for the fact that they were tall, strong and good looking, but their reactions were almost identical. So there, that’s why our fic is centred on Michael,” quoted from The Martyr of Antar

I think Ñusta as a teacher would like to see more people of all ages venture into the realm of writing, expressing their views in a forum of creativity, encouraging growth of the individual. Therefore as we remember her, let us not forget to honor through her all the writers on Roswell who have come from across the globe, reflecting their many backgrounds, ideas and vision; some of them shattered souls, some strong souls.

Lets us pray in the end Ñusta found peace in God’s presence.

I end with her words:
“….. they seemed to have passed into another dimension, finding themselves in what could only be called ‘Paradise’ because that’s what it was in its beauty. Figures started materializing from bright multicoloured lights, and soon they were surrounded by all the ones they craved to see, welcoming them….” quoted from Aftermath and Eternity
LairaBehr4
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LairaBehr4 »

suicide_eagle_rath wrote:I was very sadden and shocked beyond measure to hear of the passing of Ñusta.

Me, too. I only now just saw this. I can't believe how sad and tragic this is. She will be greatly missed.
Get Lost in my stories.
Flamehair
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Flamehair »

I'm so sorry to hear of Margarita's death :cry: I hope she has found peace now :cry: We will all miss you very much and I will never forget the kind words you wrote to me after Leo's birth
big prince Leo Alsandair Aidyn Galahad Colin 12.08.2007
little prince Robin Faramir Gawain Diarmad Finlay 18.05.2009

little princess Eowyn Morgaine Nevialani Caitlin Valerie 15.05.2012
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

I am so sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you.
So horrible that Margarita had to suffer like she did. I hope that she has found the peace and love she longed for while she was here.
julamorb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

in memory...margarita (ñusta)

Post by julamorb »

I posted it in her last fic but I feel I should post it here too:

I just can't believe it! The news have left me devastated! I finally had some time to relax today and decided to catch up with my e-mails and my reading on this forum to find what had happened. I knew she was depressed but...not as bad as this! I'll miss her genius at writing, keeping me guessing what would happen next and always surprising me with her unending twists and turns in the story. She was unique at it, but most of all, I'll miss her, always so kind and there for everyone and anyone who needed her. I'm glad she was back in her native land, though it wasn't enough to bring her the peace she needed. And thank you, for translating and posting her unforgettable fics, which I'm starting to read again from the beginning so I can feel her again with me. Sorry to see I was about the only one there appreciating them and at least occasionally, when I had the time, sending her the feedback she must have needed but would never ask for. Not in her to do so, but always sharing and giving all she could. Wish I had done it more often to make her feel her efforts worth it, but now it's too late. A truly terrible loss for me and for all who knew her, in person and in writing!
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Re: In Memory...Margarita (ñusta)

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

I am completely shocked by this! I had no idea that this happened.
angélina
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: In Memory...Margarita (ñusta)

Post by angélina »

I'm so sorry for your lost, i didn't know she suffer of depression. All my condolences for you and her family. I know it's hard to heal from the depression, i suffer of depression since two years and i know the damage of this ill. I hope she found the peace and love she researched. She will miss to a lot of people.