A Thank You for the Holidays

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

thetvgeneral
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: my own little world...but it's ok...they know me here.

A Thank You for the Holidays

Post by thetvgeneral »

As many of you know, I had brain surgery this March, and I can’t help but think that it was the prayers, good thoughts and warm wishes that many of you sent my way that helped me recover and get back to my normal life. It’s been a rough road to say the least. I came out of the first two surgeries and couldn’t talk.

It makes one take a look at his/her life and take stock of what is truly important. Dr. Bowles said it to me plainly when I was in the hospital to have my implant put in, in April 2010. “You should be dead.” Those words still ring as true to me now as they did lying in that hospital bed. And the words *thank you* don’t seem to express how grateful I am for all of those thoughts, wishes and prayers. I just wish that I could put what I feel into words, but I don’t think there are any words. When I met all of you online, I was welcomed into a family. Now, I know how lucky I am to have this family.

Now don’t get me wrong, it’s still an uphill battle having finished radiation and the future scans to come to see if they removed the meningioma, plus the many follow-ups. I know that I can do it and it’s all because of you!

I just wanted to wish my online family Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Here’s to a great 2011!

thetvgeneral
Come check out the Roswellian Chronicles Tribute Archive as well as all the fun at Champagne Wishes. We'll save you a seat and the drinks are on us!