memory_echo's fics

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

memory_echo's fics

Post by memory_echo »

Hello, everybody!

I've decided to set up an author's page, even though it should be said that I'm very new at writing fanfiction and I only have three fics in store for now.

I started writing in mid-2012, and I'm still going at it. For someone who didn't even know about the existence of fanfiction, I'm having a great time writing these stories!

I'm here to share them with all of you, in hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them.

I'm a huge Max&Liz fan and, even though I like Michael&Maria as well, I just don't feel comfortable writing for them, so my fics are Dreamer.

All the banners were exquisitely crafted by behrbabe, to whom I am eternally grateful!

Completed Works

Bona Fide

Pairing: Max/Liz

Rating: TEEN

Summary: Set in “The Departure”. The conversation Max and Liz were supposed to have.

Author's Notes: This story deals with a theme stuck on every Dreamer's throat. This was my first fan fic ever. The first and only to survive the tyranny of the trash bin... or of my perfectionism. Or both. I hope some of the cathartic relief I felt when I wrote this fic rubs off on you. Tell me what you think of it. I'll be glad to read any comments and answer any questions you have!

Hell's Gate

Liz POV

Rating: ADULT

Summary: Set in “Four Aliens and a Baby”. Liz and Tess are on their way to the Base.

Author's Notes: Maria's speech to Liz at the Crashdown in "Four Aliens and a Baby" inspired me to write this story. I agree with Maria that Liz needs to make a decision about her life once and for all. Liz has been procrastinating with all of her "anger and hatred" for months now. Is that why she knowingly got in a car with a consummated killer? Or was it there some other sinister purpose that forced Liz into that car?

Everloving

Title: “Everloving”

Rating: MATURE

Summary: Set in “Graduation”, after Liz accepted Max's proposal. So, what happened before the camera faded out?

Author's Notes: I've always wondered about the moments after that wonderful marriage proposal. Every Dreamer has, I think. So I decided to write a story about this particular moment. It contains references both to Melinda Metz's books and to certain episodes. It's my hymn to Max and Liz and the pure Love they share with one another.

Promise Kept

Title: “Promise Kept”

Rating: Teen

Summary: Have you ever wondered what happened to Max and Liz after they left in “Graduation”?

Pairing: Max & Liz

This banner was made by RoswellOracle. Thanks again! :wink:

Works in Progress:

Title: “Chasing Ghosts”

Rating: MATURE

Summary: Max and Liz have a definite talk about their relationship.

Author's Notes: This one came out of "Hell's Gate". The 'sleeping cure' is explained.
Last edited by memory_echo on Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
∞ Max & Liz – The most sublime Love story ever told! ∞

Here's my latest fic, written for all devout Dreamers out there: Everloving.
memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Re: memory_echo's fics

Post by memory_echo »

Thank you for your support! :D

I'm sure behrbabe will also be happy to know that you like the banners!

I don't know when I can start posting a new story yet – real life interferes more than I would like... Sigh
The only thing I can tell you is that the next two will be much bigger.

"Hell's Gate" will the next in line. It's 9,638 words strong and getting closer to the end.
"Everloving" is 10,392 words and counting. Still a lot of work ahead for this one.
Last edited by memory_echo on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

behrbabe wrote:thanks for the compliments about the banners
You're welcome! You deserve every one of them :mrgreen:

I don't know if I'm going to write any more stories... I have some ideas for a season 4 type fic, but nothing without a proper plot. Just scattered ideas. If they ever come up to anything concrete, you'll hear from me again. ;)

memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

"Hell's Gate" is done at last!

The irony is: I said to myself that I could finish it in a week of 'sprint writing'. I was wrong. Dead wrong, in fact! It took me well over a month to finish this fic.

The first unedited draft is 19,095 words long, which makes this the longest story I ever wrote. This moment in the Roswell narrative was very appealing to me. Two things you didn't see every day was Liz and Tess in the same vicinity for long, and Tess being honest. Add to that the fact that Tess had no voice of her own throughout the show, and you will understand why the concept proved itself too appealing to resist. I always felt that it was a great lost that the conversation was so short (it felt that it had been truncated, somehow), and that Tess could never tell her own story. The subject wasn't easy to deal with (considering that I am a Dreamer) but it felt really good to finally lay many 'ghosts' to rest.

Now I'm going to let the fic sit for a while and I'll work on "Everloving" for a few days. I need to clear my head before I start editing "Hell's Gate". It's good for me, and better for the story if I have some emotional distance from it. After I edit the fic, I'll start looking for a beta reader to help me with the grammar. And then, it'll be posting time.

keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

can't wait until you share these with us!
saori_1902
Addicted Roswellian

Post by saori_1902 »

keepsmiling7 wrote:can't wait until you share these with us!
same here :mrgreen:
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

saori_1902 wrote:
keepsmiling7 wrote:can't wait until you share these with us!
same here :mrgreen:

I joint with them and looking forwards for the story! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi I can't wait to read your fics. I love your banners.

Special thanks too

claudialynn
memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

Hello everybody,

I wonder if an avid fanfic reader (and fellow Dreamer) could help me with my WIP "Everloving". I just need someone to talk to, to gain some perspective. I've been feeling a bit lost these past few days, because I'm so attached to this story that it's impossible for me to be objective. Some days – like today – I just don't know how viable this story is, I don't know if it can have a good life outside my computer...

If anyone could help me, I would be eternally grateful.

memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

Hey everyone!

As some of you know, my health hasn't been cooperating with me lately. The haemorrhage in my left eye is still bothering me, so I haven't been able to write. I'm scheduled for surgery on the 25th, and I'm praying that there's nothing wrong with my retina, otherwise blindness becomes a very real possible outcome.

Because I haven't been able to spend long periods at the computer, I can't even write my tics anymore (probably, the only activity that could keep me from going insane from all this).

"Everloving" is on hiatus indefinitely after 11,120 words. I can only hope I can go back to it one day…

I can't stop thinking about posting "Hell's Gate", but the fic is going through the beta reading process, so I can't even give you a date as to when I'll finally be able to post it…

I want to thank everyone who has been supporting me through the writing process and for your feedback. I had a wonderful time sharing "Bona Fide" with you all! :mrgreen:

I understand now what Fernando Pessoa felt when he wrote "I know not what tomorrow will bring"