April's Author's Thread Is Bringing Sexyback!

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: April's Author's Thread Is Bringing Sequelback!

Post by April »

Just popping in to say hi while I'm at the library! I actually am getting some quality writing done. I'm on page 327 now, I believe. Woohoo!

Happy holidays, everyone!
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Novy, I try my best to be efficient. I was snowed in, so I had nothing else to do but write! :)

Ellie, I've learned to attach warning labels to my fics. :lol:

Didn't Chad do a great job on these banners?
Lead Portrayal of Maria DeLuca
Lead Portrayal of Michael Guerin
Supporting Portrayal of Tess Harding
Supporting Portrayal of Kyle Valenti
Supporting Portrayal of Isabel Evans ( :twisted: )
Supporting Portrayal of Max Evans (also :twisted: )
Supporting Portrayal of Liz Parker
Best Use of a Supporting Character (Billy)
Best Original Character (Marty)
and Favorite Alternate Portrayal of a Lead Character (Max)
Thanks for the nominations and have fun voting! I'll be back to my Internet full-time on Sunday. ;)
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Alright, well, I'm actually back. Which I'm not too thrilled about, because I thoroughly enjoyed my stress-free winter break and got totally attached to my mom and the dogs. But I do enjoy having Internet again. I think I might never get caught up on fics. :lol:

First things first: I promised a new promo when I got back and here it is, the Liz promo.
Songs are "Sunday" by Sia and "Lamentation" by Leah Andreone.

Secondly, I got 522 written to page 396 over my break. I was actually hoping to get a little more written than that, but I wrote some really twisted stuff, so that was fun. :lol:

Third, thanks for the congrats Ellie, Novy, BB, Chad, Alison, Eva, and insane Leila. And I know you guys were a big part of those nominations, so double thanks.

And I've also been nominated for:
Favorite Last Chapter/Epilogue
Most Memorable Scene (Michael and Maria play naked Marco Polo in the pool)
Favorite Unconventional/Unique Friendship (Michael/Kyle)
Best Villain (Isabel) *insert maniacal laugh here*
Most Dependable Updater
and Funniest Feedbacker ... (Well, wonders never cease! Spaz is apparently funny again.)
And I would just like to say, as a hardcore Candy, how awesome is it that Michael/Maria scenes totally dominated the Most Memorable Scene category? That's nice to see. :)

On a random note: My textbooks only cost $423 this semester as opposed to $818 last semester. So cool. And I'm dreading going back to class tomorrow. :lol:

-April
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Earth2Mama wrote:Max and the kid (is that meant to represent Garrett or someone else?)
Nope, the kid is a girl named Tiffany, who will obviously be an original character.
and it looks as if Ms. Parker got caught cheating on the ultimate player (Nice 8) ). So, does this spell DOOM for the most dysfunctional relationship I've yet to read in fan fiction, or no?
Well, Max and Liz have lots of problems in the sequel. That's all I'll say.
Oh, btw, still reading Passion. You were right, it's seriously frustrating and I had to abandon it for a while (there's only so much even I could take), but I've decided to give it a go again. I'll let you know how I'm doing with it though :)
There's a reason why some people have told me it's the most frustrating fic they've ever read. Admittedly, it's a very un-original storyline, so I had to add in lots of frustrations to make it worth reading. ;) Good luck.
chanks_girl wrote:Now my question is: What is it with you guys relating the adjective 'insane' to me??? I'm a very nice girl with a wonderful sense of humour and perversity. You know it! Anyway, I feel special...somehow.
You are special. Insanely special. ;)
You should look forward to a pm with wonderful (and maybe insane) theories.
I expect nothing less from you, Leila, nothing less.
Alien_Friend wrote:April wow! You're back!!! Liz, oh my goodness. Does Max have a kid he finds out about? And Liz feels left out watching him get to know her?
That's a reasonable assumption, considering what a slut I made Max in 521, but it's not his kid.
I know how hard it is to get caught up when you come back from a trip. I just did that. I spent most of yesterday just reading fics. lol
I just feel so out of the loop, lol. Did you get caught up?
Oh I love that song Sunday by Sia. We have the same taste in music. That's really cool.
We have great taste in music. ;)

And by the way, if anyone has heard from Sarah (aka: girl afraid) let me know, because I really need to get going on her auction fic.

-April
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

:lol: Sorry about the language issues, Ellie. Be warned that 522 might make the Sailor come out in you, too! :?
Alien_Friend wrote:Definitely!!! Do you like Missy Higgins as much as I do? I think she's super cool.
I've heard of her, but I've never listened to her stuff. I'll have to check her out.
And look April I'm over 1000 post. I can't believe it. lol My dreams do come true. Took me 4 years though so I kind of feel lame for that. lol But yeah. lol
I noticed that! Don't worry, it took my five years. :roll:
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Wow, you guys, I don't even know what to say! Except thank you so much to all who nominated.
Best All-Around Story
Best Candy Fanfiction
Best AU Without Aliens
Most Suspenseful Fanfiction
Fic that Kept You Bouncing in Your Seat for an Update
Funniest Fanfiction (SEE, THERE WERE HUMOROUS MOMENTS!)
Fic that Made You Cry the Hardest
Story with Your Favorite Twist
Most Talked About Fanfiction
Fic with the Best Musical Use
Come Back, You Can't Leave It There! - Best Cliffhangers
The Fanfic Conversion Award

Best Point of View Fic (Cemetery Party)
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I finally got around to working on Sarah's auction fic today. I don't know what happened--it was like the creative floodgates came open and the writing came pouring out. Anyway, it will be a short story (no longer than 20 pages) and I'll probably post the first part within the next few days. I made a banner for it, and I have to admit I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.
And on a 522 note . . . I'm making major progress and will be posting the Maria promo on Sunday.

-April
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Okay, so I got the entire auction fic written yesterday. It was a streak of creativity. :lol: I figured I'd might as well start posting it today. Here's the link to the very short prologue:

Car Crashes
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Okay, took me awhile to get this uploaded, but here's the Maria promo:

522 - Maria Promo

And it says it's blocked in Germany, so here it is on Photobucket:

http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg14 ... o_0002.flv

The first song is "If It Kills Me" by Jason Mraz, from the Casa Nova sessions. And the second is totally mainstream, "Lovestoned" (the second half) by Justin Timberlake.

I'll post Kyle's promo in two weeks, then Isabel's two weeks after that. Oh, Isabel's is fun. :twisted: And hopefully after that I'll be ready to post the fic itself!

-April
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Oh, you guys . . . I am just blown away right now! I don't even know what to say. Thank you to everyone who nominated and voted for 521. I never imagined that anything I wrote would receive such a response. This has really made my week. :D

^ Obviously as a huge Candy fan, this means SO MUCH! And I think this was made out of a banner that was originally a fic banner for me, so that's extra cool.

^ So I actually can write likeable characters. Who knew?

^ for Billy. Wow, and he's way more heavily featured in the sequel!

^ for Marty, tied with Seki in Darkmoon's The Domestication of Zan Series. (And is that Kerr Smith who played gay Jack on Dawson's Creek on here? How appropriate! lol)

^ for Michael and Kyle. Bromance!

^ Ha, 'cause I'm evil like that.

^ I'm glad you guys liked the ending, 'cause the sequel is going to be a rollercoaster!

^ Oh, thank you. We all know how I feel about music.

^ Super big thank you! I really strive for this one!

^ for Isabitch/Bitchabel/Psychobel/Whoreabel/ISABEL. And I have to admit, this is my favorite. BB, I understand why you liked winning this so much for Carla now. There's just something about it!

for Supporting Portrayal of Isabel

for Favorite Alternate Portrayal of a Canon Character (Max) - Oh, he's a weird one. Didn't even factor in in the Supporting Max category, but he showed up here. Go figure.

for Most Suspenseful Fic

for Fic That Made You Cry the Hardest (just wait for the sequel)

for Best Twist (tied with Alison's Hiding Beneath)

for Best AU Without Aliens

for Best All-Around Fic

for Best POV Fic (Cemetery Party . . . which I thought only, like, two people read, so that was a surprise.)

Again, I don't even know what to say. We all know that fan fiction authors don't write for payment or publishing purposes, so things like this REALLY mean a lot. Thank you so much. Now I'd better get my ass back to work on that sequel. :lol:

-April