Candylicious' Corner - New M/M One-Shot ~ 3/24/13

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Candylicious' Corner - New M/M One-Shot ~ 3/24/13

Post by CandyliciousLovah »

Banner © Amanda of Sparks Fly (a Billy & Victoria board)
Hey y'all. I may be new to writing Roswell fan fiction but I am NOT in any way new to writing fan fiction itself. You can find most of my daytime and prime-time fan fictions here, on FF.net:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2076256/Love4CandyLuSamNax

I know I've written a lot, but that's only because I haven't been writing for very long (almost 4 years! :) ) Anyhow, I've learned a lot from people over the years I have been writing. Most of my stuff is M-rated, because, well, I LOVE writing smut! :) And the writing goes farther back than 4 years; I started writing back in 7th grade when we had to do English stuff (yuck!). Romance is my thing, one of my "sisters" (she's not really my sister, but she's a family friend so she feels like it) told me that I was a romantic so I guess I am. Must be why I'm SO addicted to the on and off relationship between Candy and the actors that played them, Brendan & Majandra. By the way, I love that name! Majandra's, I mean.

I'm going on and on, but I promise that y'all will get to see my fan fictions for here when I'm ready to have them up.

Until then,
Ciao
Banner © Alexandra of Vintage Butterfly
Title: My Heart Remembers
Author: Katie/CandyliciousLovah
Disclaimer: The characters of Roswell belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended. But Charlotte O’Reilly is mine. I created her out of the “dust” and I thoroughly enjoyed doing it too!
Pairings/Couples/Category: Jim/Charlotte (original female character), Kyle/Tess (eventually), Michael/Maria, Max/Liz, Alex/Isabel, some Isabel/Jesse. Canon/unconventional couples fan fiction
Rating: Mature/Adult, for strong language & sexual references (they will come eventually)
Summary: Charlotte O’Reilly lives quietly in Roswell’s existence. She is the town’s librarian and a psychic, and as long as the townspeople didn’t disturb her, she didn’t bother them either. That’s until the day she gets a shocking vision/premonition of a shooting at the Crashdown Café. After that, Charlotte knows she can’t stay in Roswell.

But will a certain sheriff do everything in his convincing ways to persuade her to stick around? And will fate give them the chance to try again?

Author’s Note: I have been watching the minor flirtation between Jim and Amy, and I thought to myself, ‘Why not give Amy some competition?’ Charlotte is played by actress Kari Wurher, who played Reese Marshall/Charlotte Roberts on General Hospital.

My Heart Remembers
Banner © Melinda of Beautiful Redemption
Title: All We’d Ever Need
Disclaimer: The characters of Roswell belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.
Pairings/Couples/Category: Mainly M&M but the others will make an appearance too. Alternate Universe with Aliens
Rating: Mature/Adult, for strong language & sexual references (they will come eventually)
Summary: He would always be her “Space Boy”, but what happened in the ten years since they left Roswell? And where do their group of friends factor in? Read on to follow Candy’s journey back to each other’s “orbit”!
Author’s Note: Lady Antebellum sparked the title of this fan fiction. I’ve seen them live in concert and got to meet the group (That’s right, all you jealous Lady A fans! I got to meet them! :) ). I listened to the lyrics and they seemed to scream Michael & Maria for some odd reason. So if you have any questions about it, you can PM me or leave a comment when I post it.
Author’s Note #2: Since my fellow Roswell fan got me hooked on the show, I would like to dedicate this to her. Also, I have gotten a little inspiration from music. I’ve been listening to Carrie Underwood’s new album “Blown Away”, and it’s provided me with more and more ideas on what to write. It’s between that one and the latest Lady Antebellum album “Own the Night”. I have been watching a few episodes repeatedly. Her favorite one was “285 South” and I do like that one a little, but not as much as “Crazy”. Anyhow, some of the lines from “285 South” are in this chapter, so do enjoy it! :)

All We'd Ever Need
Banner © Melinda

Title: To Let You Go
Disclaimer: The characters of Roswell belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.
Pairings/Couples/Category: Kyle/Tess-centric, but others are included; Alternate Universe without Aliens
Rating: Definitely going to be mature for necessary chapters & language
Summary: Kyle Valenti and Tess Harding were once the IT couple of Roswell, New Mexico. They settled down after high school but when college began, they had an argument and went their separate ways. Flash forward around 15 years and you’ll find beautiful & successful Tess raising a gorgeous 14 year old daughter, Aubrey, in Raleigh, North Carolina. Across the country in Rogue River, Oregon, Kyle is struggling to keep his only child, daughter Jamie, in school. Both he & his father Jim are working two dead-end jobs to keep the roof over all their heads. Both girls persuade their respective parents to allow them to go to a camp for eight weeks over the summer. But the moment they meet during a fist fight between two of their friends, Jamie hatches a plan to fool their parents.

Jamie goes home to her newly-engaged mother as a blue-eyed blonde while Aubrey returns home to her very single father as a brown-eyed brunette. Neither of their parents suspect something is up until the night Aubrey/Jamie humiliates her mother in public by wearing flats instead of heels while Jamie/Aubrey wears her hair down instead of up at a game.

Tess decides to take her daughter back to Rogue River to make the switch back. Seeing Kyle again brings back plenty of memories, lots of regrets and many reasons to spend time with him – even though she’s getting married in a short time.
Author’s Note: Yes, I know; I’m a bad, bad girl. But I promise that I won’t abandon my Candy fan fiction; I just can’t decide which couple I want to write next. I’m split between Sean/Courtney, Jim/Charlotte and Candy. The S/C part is being plotted out in my head but I can’t seem to put pen to paper…in a manner of speaking!

This is based on a challenge killjoy had posted in the “Alternate Universe Challenge” thread/topic and I couldn’t resist taking him up on it. I don’t know why but anything associating with ‘The Parent Trap’ always gets me hooked, always draws me in. So this is for you, Rodney! :) Love ya bunches

Aubrey/Jamie – both played by Sarah Wilson

Aubrey – Raised in money, Aubrey is a blue blood city girl. She is a debutante at home with plenty of balls and has all the manners one needs to mingle with the upper snobbish society. Aubrey has had all the benefits that comes with having the last name Harding…you see, her grandfather is very rich.

Jamie – The complete opposite of Aubrey; she’s a 100% tomboy. Star of the basketball & softball teams. Not one for gowns or heels or dancing. She’s more of an at home sitting on the sofa between her dad and grandpa cheering on their team every NFL Sunday. Jamie is a small-town girl whose family works hard to make ends meet.

All other Roswell characters remain the same, even Charlotte from ‘My Heart Remembers’. I haven’t decided what role she will play yet, but she will definitely be a part of Jim’s life.

To Let You Go
Title: Her Special Christmas
Pairings/Couples/Category: Michael/Maria, Complete Canon/unconventional couples fan fiction
Rating: Adult, for the obvious reasons!
Summary: What would have happened if Maria hadn’t pushed Michael away before he said “I don’t want to be alone tonight” during “Samuel Rising”?
Author’s Note: I am writing this after watching “Ch-Ch-Changes” and the spark was lit underneath the muse’s stubborn behind once she got a grasp on the idea of tackling Candy for a one-shot; here’s to hoping I captured their emotions correctly!

Her Special Christmas

Banner © Melinda
Title: To Let You Go
Pairings/Couples/Category: Kyle/Tess-centric, but others are included; Alternate Universe without Aliens
Rating: Definitely going to be mature for necessary chapters & language
Summary: Kyle Valenti and Tess Harding were once the IT couple of Roswell, New Mexico. They settled down after high school but when college began, they had an argument and went their separate ways. Flash forward around 15 years and you’ll find beautiful & successful Tess raising a gorgeous 14 year old daughter, Aubrey, in Raleigh, North Carolina. Across the country in Rogue River, Oregon, Kyle is struggling to keep his only child, daughter Jamie, in school. Both he & his father Jim are working two dead-end jobs to keep the roof over all their heads. Both girls persuade their respective parents to allow them to go to a camp for eight weeks over the summer. But the moment they meet during a fist fight between two of their friends, Jamie hatches a plan to fool their parents.

Jamie goes home to her newly-engaged mother as a blue-eyed blonde while Aubrey returns home to her very single father as a brown-eyed brunette. Neither of their parents suspect something is up until the night Aubrey/Jamie humiliates her mother in public by wearing flats instead of heels while Jamie/Aubrey wears her hair down instead of up at a game.

Tess decides to take her daughter back to Rogue River to make the switch back. Seeing Kyle again brings back plenty of memories, lots of regrets and many reasons to spend time with him – even though she’s getting married in a short time.
Author’s Note: Yes, I know; I’m a bad, bad girl. But I promise that I won’t abandon my Candy fan fiction; I just can’t decide which couple I want to write next. I’m split between Sean/Courtney, Jim/Charlotte and Candy. The S/C part is being plotted out in my head but I can’t seem to put pen to paper…in a manner of speaking!

This is based on a challenge killjoy had posted in the “Alternate Universe Challenge” thread/topic and I couldn’t resist taking him up on it. I don’t know why but anything associating with ‘The Parent Trap’ always gets me hooked, always draws me in. So this is for you, Rodney! :) Love ya bunches

Aubrey/Jamie – both played by Sarah Wilson

Aubrey – Raised in money, Aubrey is a blue blood city girl. She is a debutante at home with plenty of balls and has all the manners one needs to mingle with the upper snobbish society. Aubrey has had all the benefits that comes with having the last name Harding…you see, her grandfather is very rich.

Jamie – The complete opposite of Aubrey; she’s a 100% tomboy. Star of the basketball & softball teams. Not one for gowns or heels or dancing. She’s more of an at home sitting on the sofa between her dad and grandpa cheering on their team every NFL Sunday. Jamie is a small-town girl whose family works hard to make ends meet.

All other Roswell characters remain the same, even Charlotte from ‘My Heart Remembers’. I haven’t decided what role she will play yet, but she will definitely be a part of Jim’s life.

To Let You Go
Title: Skating on Thin Ice
Pairings/Couples/Category: M&M, K&T, Jim/OC, AU Without Aliens
Rating: Adult, for the eventual stuff & foul language
Summary: Maria and Teresa “Tess” DeLuca were nearly given birth to in the ice-skating rink. It was their mother’s dream to follow in her footsteps to be professional ice-skaters. But it goes downhill when both of their partners, Billy Darden & Brody Davis, are injured after a competition.

Michael & Kyle Valenti are two of the best hockey players that represent the Anaheim Ducks but have never had to compete for their father’s affection…until the day Charlotte comes into the picture. They dislike her at first but soon reconsider their feelings about her when they find out she’s an avid sports fan, and her favorite sports are hockey, baseball, basketball and volleyball.

But when Michael & Kyle are forced to hang up their hockey skates following a bar brawl, Jim considers pairing them up with Maria & Tess after learning they might have to retire their figure skates as well. He finally does when a second brawl breaks out between them, Billy and Brody.

Author’s Note: I was inspired to write this after seeing that Brendan Fehr (Michael) had been in one of the Cutting Edge spin-off films/sequels and couldn’t resist putting him back on the ice…in a manner of speaking!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Protecting Their Own
Pairings/Couples/Category: Mercedes/Tristan, Carrie/M.J., Dianna/Owen, Annie/Jeremiah, Jamie/Zane, Audrey/Vincent, Jessica/Ryan, M&M, M&L, K&T, I, A, Jim/OC, AU With Aliens
Rating: Adult, for the eventual stuff & foul language
Summary: The next generation of the human-hybrids mix band together when their race is nearly wiped out by the new generation of the Skins, and one couple fights the passion they feel for each other.

Author’s Note: This is a sequel of sorts to “All We’d Ever Need” as it has most of the kids from it that were actually kids in the fan fiction. But for this, they are now adults. Callie Wilson is mentioned in the previous fan fiction as being friends with Jeremiah Valenti but he has no idea that she is really Congresswoman Whitaker’s daughter, given up for adoption as a baby. Her father is canon character Khivar and she befriends Jeremiah into leading her to the pod squad.
Title: Her Special Christmas
Pairings/Couples/Category: Michael/Maria, Complete Canon/unconventional couples fan fiction
Rating: Adult, for the obvious reasons!
Summary: What would have happened if Maria hadn’t pushed Michael away before he said “I don’t want to be alone tonight” during “Samuel Rising”?
Author’s Note: I am writing this after watching “Ch-Ch-Changes” and the spark was lit underneath the muse’s stubborn behind once she got a grasp on the idea of tackling Candy for a one-shot; here’s to hoping I captured their emotions correctly!

Her Special Christmas
Last edited by CandyliciousLovah on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:59 am, edited 13 times in total.
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Candylicious' Corner

Works in Progress
Banner © Alexandra of Vintage Butterfly
Title: My Heart Remembers
Disclaimer: The characters of Roswell belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended. But Charlotte O’Reilly is mine. I created her out of the “dust” and I thoroughly enjoyed doing it too!
Pairings/Couples/Category: Jim/Charlotte (original female character), Kyle/Tess (eventually), Michael/Maria, Max/Liz, Alex/Isabel, some Isabel/Jesse. Canon/unconventional couples fan fiction
Summary: Charlotte O’Reilly lives quietly in Roswell’s existence. She is the town’s librarian and a psychic, and as long as the townspeople didn’t disturb her, she didn’t bother them either. That’s until the day she gets a shocking vision/premonition of a shooting at the Crashdown Café. After that, Charlotte knows she can’t stay in Roswell.

But will a certain sheriff do everything in his convincing ways to persuade her to stick around? And will fate give them the chance to try again?

Author’s Note: I have been watching the minor flirtation between Jim and Amy, and I thought to myself, ‘Why not give Amy some competition?’ Charlotte is played by actress Kari Wurher, who played Reese Marshall/Charlotte Roberts on General Hospital.
Banner © Keisha of Beautiful Redemption
Title: All We’d Ever Need
Pairings/Couples/Category: Mainly M&M but the others will make an appearance too. Alternate Universe with Aliens
Summary: He would always be her “Space Boy”, but what happened in the ten years since they left Roswell? And where do their group of friends factor in? Read on to follow Candy’s journey back to each other’s “orbit”!
Author’s Note: Lady Antebellum sparked the title of this fan fiction. I’ve seen them live in concert and got to meet the group (That’s right, all you jealous Lady A fans! I got to meet them! :) ). I listened to the lyrics and they seemed to scream Michael & Maria for some odd reason. So if you have any questions about it, you can PM me or leave a comment when I post it.
Author’s Note #2: Since my fellow Roswell fan got me hooked on the show, I would like to dedicate this to her. Also, I have gotten a little inspiration from music. I’ve been listening to Carrie Underwood’s new album “Blown Away”, and it’s provided me with more and more ideas on what to write. It’s between that one and the latest Lady Antebellum album “Own the Night”. I have been watching a few episodes repeatedly. Her favorite one was “285 South” and I do like that one a little, but not as much as “Crazy”. Anyhow, some of the lines from “285 South” are in this chapter, so do enjoy it! :)

All We'd Ever Need
Last edited by CandyliciousLovah on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

One-Shots
Last edited by CandyliciousLovah on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Candylicious' Corner - Welcome! :)

Helen of Roswell wrote:
CandyliciousLovah wrote:This is a hello from the first newest author to Roswell Fanatics! I want to apologize in advance for basically pushing my fan fiction on you reviewers. I am new to writing Roswell, but not to writing (yes, this is in the first post, I know). Anyhow, I adore Carolyn & Eve for their wonderful reviews on "All We'd Ever Need", and do hope they'll come back to read my new updates! :)

Hi Katie! Welcome to the Author's corner of RF. :D

I'm NOT sure if I missed something, but why apologize for providing
us readers with new Ros-Fics? I always thought that was a good thing.

I have NOT had the chance to read any of your fics, yet, but the
second one - All We'd Ever Need - has piqued my interest.

I have a few questions though.

The last post mentions it's mainly an M&M fic, but K/T are emphasized
in the banner. I like Lamptrimmer, so that's cool with me, but I was a
little confused about that. Nice banner, by the way.

And, is this a post-grad fic??

I know it's an Alternate Universe w/Aliens, and there's
NO mention of them leaving Roswell 10 years ago AFTER
graduation, but somehow I immediately thought post-grad fic. :?

Maybe it's because I enjoy them so much, and I really
don't see them popping up, like I used to, and it's just
wishful thinking on my part. :lol:

Anyhoo... welcome! :mrgreen:

Ciao!

~Helen~
And you would be correct, Helen! :) It is under Alternate Universe with Aliens, since it takes place in today's time. Yes, that was the only banner I could get to. I like Lamptrimmer too, but the banner turned out well, and I'm glad. I promise I'll be a better writer and tell what the pod squad has been up to after I put up Chapter 6; my next update will be either today or next week.

Ciao,
Katie
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Currently working on a one-shot for Candy, and hope to have it up soon! :)
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

I've added some new stuff under "Coming Soon", and will get started on those sometime after I wrap up "All We'd Ever Need" and "My Heart Remembers".
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

I will have a new fan fiction up soon, that is AU without Aliens (WHOO!), starring one of my fave male characters/actors, Kyle Valenti or Nick Wechsler. Bwahhahhha! He has become my newfound obsession
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Author's note is up for "My Heart Remembers". I will have an update of it soon!!!
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

sonia62 wrote:Hi, Candy, i'm sorry that you won't finish "All we ever need". I really love that fic and I checked the site periodically to see if there was un update. I'd liked to know Maria's reaction to Michael alter life and there are many loose end to tie so..... please could you rethink your decision? Ciao!
I will most certainly try to, and I will let you know, okay?
CandyliciousLovah
Addicted Roswellian

Edited the first post in this topic and in the one I have for "All We'd Ever Need" - a new banner is up! :)