Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

Post by tequathisy »

However others may just see it differently.
Exactly - people have their own opinions and perceptions to which they are entitled. Can we please forgo the essays trying to dissuade people of those opinions so?
Banner by Evelyn
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

Earth2Mama wrote:
juliecollard87 wrote: I’m sorry but Max was attracted to Tess who wouldn’t be she is hot. It doesn’t take away what he felt for Liz but he found her attractive. That’s why I could see that he slept with her because he did like her and he did have feelings. He just didn’t feel like he did for Liz. I also don’t think it meant nothing to him because he was excited to see her the next day. I am not saying he loved her more than Liz.
O.k. I'm just gonna jump in here to say ...

Where the hell did you see that
?! :?

The next day he was "excited" to see her? Were we watching the same show ... cause it looked to me as if he was wondering - "Just what the hell did I do, Lord?!" He even had that expression on his face right after they woke up in the observatory - Tess was all smiles ... Max looked like he wanted to puke his guts out.

I'm sorry, nah-uh ... I don't buy it. I never saw them being together in that way EVER. It always felt forced to me. Even worse, it felt like she was the back up/step in - I may not have the one I love, but I'll love the one I'm with ... for now. :roll:
same here. :lol: I mean even Tess herself noticed it. And honestly she tried to make him feel guilty for it with phrases like "if you don't want people to know about us it's ok" or the scene where she said that it wasn't the best moment for him to be so distant (before she told him that she was pregnant). And of course he isn't a monster nor a playboy, from his pov she loved him so he didn't want to hurt her for no reason.

even in the scene at school she was awaiting for him but when Max saw her there he was everything but excited to see her (while in "crazy", for example, when he saw Liz there he happily kissed her for no reason and he was all smiles. That was someone excited to see another person! But it's me, i guess.)
Isabel hit the nail on the head with one of her statements. Of course, she was angry with him (no wonder why) and clearly didn't want to talk about his feelings but she knew him and even mocked him about what had happened.

Max was attracted to Tess. No question about it. No one is saying that he was prude or something like that. And no one is saying that she was ugly. Everyone knows that you can be in love with one person but be attracted to more than a person. Come on.... All the characters were attracted by other people too. He even said that he was attracted by her because she was an hybrid like him. It makes sense to me. Still it's not that in the show he actually showed such a powerful attraction for her or he was pining for her . There was no unresolved sexual tension between them even after the kiss at the prom. I think that this is what some people are saying here when they talk about the fact that him sleeping with Tess (understandable and all) was still forced or unexpected.
They don't have scenes like the one she has with Kyle in TEOTW, for example. Or like the ones between M&L and M&M in the first season before they kissed. Honestly even Alex and Isabel had more ust. For me M&T were clearly developed as a rebound, he used her only when things between him and Liz were really bad.
I don't think that it's correct to say that he slept with her just because he was attracted or felt something for her. It's a bit limited. If that was the only reason he could have done it way before that scene. Tess wouldn't need to await for a moment in the end of the season when he was miserable and he felt that he had lost everyone.
He wasn't with Liz since a year, it's plenty of time. For example when he went to the summit in New York with Tess it was a good occasion for them to become a couple. Yet even when they were alone in another city away from roswell nothing romantic happened between them, they didn't even kiss or almost kiss. There was no ust. Furthermore Liz was the one that helped him both when she saved him and when she gave him that advice about the granolith. In fact after that episode Max doesn't have so many interactions with Tess, even as friends. They only interacted, what a coincidence, when things between him and Liz were bad again.
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
Sin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sin »

tequathisy wrote:Can we please forgo the essays trying to dissuade people of those opinions so?
I don't see anyone disrespecting anyone's opinion. Just because people have differing opinions doesn't mean that things can't be discussed. I mean isn't that the entire point of the discussing part of the message board? To discuss things? Seeing why people see things in different lights and seeing where the person is coming from is one of the things that makes discussions so interesting.
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

Sin wrote:
tequathisy wrote:Can we please forgo the essays trying to dissuade people of those opinions so?
I don't see anyone disrespecting anyone's opinion. Just because people have differing opinions doesn't mean that things can't be discussed. I mean isn't that the entire point of the discussing part of the message board? To discuss things? Seeing why people see things in different lights and seeing where the person is coming from is one of the things that makes discussions so interesting.
I think what she's getting at is that these discussions seem particularly circular :lol: , they just go round and round and nothing really gets resolved and the same things are said in a different way. It seems pretty repetative and a bit futile from an outsider's point of view.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
juliecollard87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by juliecollard87 »

Coccy wrote: He wasn't with Liz since a year, it's plenty of time. For example when he went to the summit in New York with Tess it was a good occasion for them to become a couple. Yet even when they were alone in another city away from roswell nothing romantic happened between them, they didn't even kiss or almost kiss. There was no ust. Furthermore Liz was the one that helped him both when she saved him and when she gave him that advice about the granolith. In fact after that episode Max doesn't have so many interactions with Tess, even as friends. They only interacted, what a coincidence, when things between him and Liz were bad again.
I just want to point out that that’s not how tv really works. The majority of the time new couples happen at the end of a season to push the show into major story lines and into the next season. Just because it took them awhile to actually hook up doesn’t mean that there weren’t feelings even friendly feelings. Also Roswell wasn’t a show that went day by day sometimes at the beginning of a episode wasn’t where the previous one left off so maybe Max and Tess did hang out more we just didn’t see it. For example Isabel was with Jesse when season 3 opened just because we didn’t see them meet or date doesn’t mean it didn't happen.
My Fics

The List

Unplanned Mistakes

"you can always go back to your soulmate thats what makes them your soulmate" Cappie from Greek
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

You might as well give it up hon :roll: :lol:

Most Dreamers would rather have all their teeth pulled before admitting that Max might even have the slightest feelings...no matter how small....for anyone who is NOT Liz :lol:
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

killjoy wrote:You might as well give it up hon :roll: :lol:

Most Dreamers would rather have all their teeth pulled before admitting that Max might even have the slightest feelings...no matter how small....for anyone who is NOT Liz :lol:
someone could say that Tess fans "would rather have all their teeth pulled before admitting that" Tess was manipulative and not everything about her and her relationships with the others was genuine :roll:

frankly i find what you said very insulting especially after the recent discussions.
it doesn't seem to me that the dreamers have a problem admitting it and this topic and other ones are a proof of it.
Really it seems to me that some people don't even care to actually read what people are writing here yet they feel the urge to mock the others

juliecollard87 wrote: Also Roswell wasn’t a show that went day by day sometimes at the beginning of a episode wasn’t where the previous one left off so maybe Max and Tess did hang out more we just didn’t see it. For example Isabel was with Jesse when season 3 opened just because we didn’t see them meet or date doesn’t mean it didn't happen.
in tv-shows only what is showed or said is real in the story otherwise people could assume what they want (like that Liz was sleeping with Michael or that Max and Kyle were lovers. To make an example) Yes, you can have some things implied (like Jesse and Isabel) but the writers always tell you when something is implied, in the first place. In order to "assume" things you should get some clues in the canon.
This isn't what happened with M&T. The writers never implied that they were dating each other prior that episode, furthermore even after the kiss at the prom Tess asked him what they were because even after the kiss they still weren't a couple and he said that he didn't know if he wanted to be with her. Beside, Ronald Moore said in one of his interviews that it was Alex's death and Max's personal crisis in the end of the season that would make him closer to Tess and fall in her trap.
Again the two things (Alex killed by her, her sleeping with Max plus K&T suddenly transformed into siblings) were linked together, created in the same moment for the same purpose. And it's obvious because the story really changed after viva las vegas.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

:lol: :lol:

Wow people get mad way to easy around here.I never said Tess wasn't evil for what she did.....or at least I don't think I did...I hope I didn't some where.I admit she was brought up in a way that warped her but I don't like what she did at all .But some of us are still fans of her and what she could have been before the writers screwed her up.

But I agree with Alison :lol: :lol: This just goes around and around with people on each side saying the same things over and over :lol:

But ohhh well....I guess it's fun!

You know instead of Kyle and Alex being stuck in that cave it might have been fun to have seen Liz and Tess in there and how that turned out?
juliecollard87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by juliecollard87 »

Its okay I give up it doesn’t change my opinion but if you want to discuss it further Coccy just PM me I would be happy to go round and round. I'm sure I have lots of opinions you'll hate :lol:
killjoy wrote::
You know instead of Kyle and Alex being stuck in that cave it might have been fun to have seen Liz and Tess in there and how that turned out?
Haha Killjoy you crack me up. I would have loved to see that but I would have wanted Kyle and Alex to get stuck too all them together while Max ran around like a chicken with his head cut off.
My Fics

The List

Unplanned Mistakes

"you can always go back to your soulmate thats what makes them your soulmate" Cappie from Greek
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

killjoy,
*facepalm* Gosh it's like a script :roll: we should change it a bit you know.
"people get mad way to easy around here" you're like that too killjoy. :roll:

but i guess that for you being "funny" means being insulting.
Personally, and it's just my opinion, i prefer "essays" over random and generalizing statements that, with their supposed humor, seem more a pretext to insult the others than anything else.
and it's not that i can't understand sarcasm, i don't think that sarcasm is automatically offensive. But honestly yours (and i'm referring to "Most Dreamers would rather have all their teeth pulled") doesn't make any sense after all these posts. It was totally uncalled for.
Even if that phrase was offensive i wouldn't have a problem with it if what you said was the truth especially in this discussion. But it isn't. It really seems that you didn't read what i wrote, at all. :roll: