Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

Post by killjoy »

The whole Jesse and Isabel getting married thing :twisted: Or just Jesse/Isabel period! :roll:

Ok first off.....Alex...the so called Love Of Her Life....has only been dead around a year! And suddenly she getting married to someone else! :roll:

And second.....why Jesse?! If Isabel was even going to fall for someone in seaseon three right after Alex's death it should have been KYLE!
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

I can kind of agree with you on that, killjoy. I never hated Jessie at all. I thought he was a really sweet guy, and I liked him well enough. I just kinda hoped that maybe Isabel and Kyle would've gotten together eventually. They had such great chemistry.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Why did they have to kill Alex off anyway?

Ok yes I know C.H. had to leave to make movies but there were a whole lot better way to have gotten him out.

How about this one.....?

Isabel waits at the Crashdown with the gang looking at Prom pictures.She gets bored with this and decides to sneak into Alex's window again.But when she does she finds Alex's room trashed and him missing.Maybe even finds some blood in the room.

Now the group is in mess.Isabel tries to dreamwalk Alex to find him only to feel someone blocking her from him(Khivar?).So the group spend the rest of season two looking for Alex,looking for clues to find him or just looking for anything that will lead them too him.

SO you see C.H. could have been gone that whole time and still have an opening had he needed it too come back :roll: No need to kill him
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ok I just let this one go on the show but I'm going to share it.

Antar was supposed to have been in another galaxy right? Do you have any idea how far away galaxies are from our own? And how long it would take for a ship.....even an advanced alien one.....to travel that distance?

That fact got me thinking of an idea that what if the hybrids had been in storage on the trip for thousands of years? What if they were worried about Khivar being alive and coming after them only to learn that Khivar and his rule has been dead since before the Roman Empire was born on earth? It took them that long to reach Earth.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

killjoy wrote:Ok I just let this one go on the show but I'm going to share it.

Antar was supposed to have been in another galaxy right? Do you have any idea how far away galaxies are from our own? And how long it would take for a ship.....even an advanced alien one.....to travel that distance?

That fact got me thinking of an idea that what if the hybrids had been in storage on the trip for thousands of years? What if they were worried about Khivar being alive and coming after them only to learn that Khivar and his rule has been dead since before the Roman Empire was born on earth? It took them that long to reach Earth.
Ooh, that would be very interesting. :D
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

That they never said who it was Isabel was trying to call when the Skins made all the humans vanish out of Roswell.I'm just going to go with the idea she was trying to call Alex because she was worried about him :mrgreen:
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ok I said this but I'm going to do it again.

At first I was giving the show's writting staff good marks.Here they go putting the biggest anti human hybrid(Tess) into a house living with the biggest anti alien human(Kyle).When this first played out I was like......"ooohh this is going to be good!"......I saw lots of fights coming and maybe..just maybe..a whole lot of sexual tension building.I was hoping for a good ep where that tension snapped and the two either ended up in bed with one another or at least a kiss.

And for a time there I thought it was going good.The whole Christmas ep was great and I was for sure...ok hoping...the Vegas ep would be where something would happen...aka wake up in bed together.But sadly it didn't.But when the whole Prom thing started I was like.."ok here's where the kiss will come in, when they're dancing.'......but instead we got the infamous sister speech :roll:

It was like the writers were climbing a mountain almost to the top when they suddenly just turned and decided to jump off a thousand foot bluff to ruin it all.All the good marks I was giving them was suddenly snatched away and burned! I mean how do you go from all that sexual tension,all those looks they shared(Christmas ep) to suddenly like a sister?

It's not the fact that a couple I thought would be great didn't get with one another on the show and I'm bitter over it.No I've had that happen to me before (Nick/Sara on CSI).It's the fact that they were leading up to it the whole season,building us up for it only to just drop the whole thing like it never happened.

It was a total waste of great characters and very poor workmanship on the side of the show's writers.

And it goes double with the whole Jesse/Isabel thing.It's not that I had a problem or disliked Jesse.It's just I saw more in a budding Kyle/Isabel season three relationship only to have the writers screw that one up too.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Personally, I thought that Jesse was a much better match for Isabel than either Alex or Kyle ever would have been. He loved her but wasn't in awe of her like Alex was and had a lot more in common with her than Kyle.

The first mistake they made was having Isabel fall madly in love with Jesse within weeks of Alex's death. That lost Isabel a lot of respect from fans who mostly weren't wild about her already.

The main mistake they made was skipping over them falling in love. Because that's where the magic is, that's where fans fall in love with couples - watching them fall in love and come together. Without seeing the build up of the romance, who cares about them being together? Instead of getting to Jesse as Isabel got to know him and learning how great he was, we were just hit in the face with him.

If the writers had developed their relationship slowly, showed Isabel grieving for Alex and then meeting Jesse and falling for him, I think people would have liked Jesse (and Isabel) a lot more.

Isabel had so much potential as a character and they never used her in the right way. Tess too, could have been a great character but they misues her woefully too.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

The fact that none......and I mean NONE....of the relationships I pulled for on this show ever panned out.

Not Kyle/Tess....Not Alex/Isabel....and later not Kyle/Isabel.....I think that will be one of the things I will recall and hate the most about this show :roll:
Anchespatoon
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anchespatoon »

Cocogurl wrote:I never hated Jessie at all. I thought he was a really sweet guy, and I liked him well enough. I just kinda hoped that maybe Isabel and Kyle would've gotten together eventually. They had such great chemistry.
I agree with that!

...also that Tess got pregnant and Max deliverd this little worm to some strangers. I didnt like this whole pregnant, baby, Samuel stuff. Would much more like to see Max and Liz have an alien-hybrid baby. :D