Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kj4ever »

The one thing that was a constant throughout the seasons of Roswell that made me bang my head against the wall was the reoccurring theme that women are the ones that are bad or manipulative.

Think about it, Max is manipulated by Liz and Tess. Isabel was the downfall of Antar.

And why, oh why would the seal go to Michael instead of Isabel? How far "advanced" is this society if a royal seal would go to a non member of the royal family before the next in line?

There are just so many things like that that seem so very chauvinistic.
Find all the links to my fics in one place:

My Author's Page

New Fic!

Little Girl Lost in the alternative universe w/aliens forum!

Check out my website! http://kel.uppercaseliving.net
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Well, to be fair, we don't know that Vilandra was evil, or manipulative, even, especially. She could have just been really naive and stupid when it came to Khivar. But I get your point, kj4ever.
WGluvsLP
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Buddah Boy

Post by WGluvsLP »

I felt bad for buddah boy.... kyle.... season one he was the ex, season 2 he saved the world by killing those bacteria things that resided in the ship..and was an accomplice to the murder of alex which totally irked me because he did it unknowingly and season 3 he was in love with isabel and well...nothing. in the end he got nothing but a hug from his dad??? he got screwed all 3 seasons... he was the only one who didn't have any closure....
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

at least he wasn't killed
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
kj4ever
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kj4ever »

Sternbetrachter wrote:at least he wasn't killed
Good Point...lol
Find all the links to my fics in one place:

My Author's Page

New Fic!

Little Girl Lost in the alternative universe w/aliens forum!

Check out my website! http://kel.uppercaseliving.net
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

I always found it annoying that Michael and Isabel were painted as the bad guys for their reaction to Max saving Liz's life.

They were terrified of being caught and dissected by the FBI (and with good reason), Isabel was terrified of losing her home and family. They had all agreed to certain basic rules to preserve their secret and therefore their lives. Max broke them without any hesitation to save Liz. He chose her over them and that seemed like a massive betrayal to Isabel and Michael. It's especially annoying as Max always gave Michael such a hard time if he ever did anything that didn't conform to the rules and Max's outright refusal to even consider telling his parents the truth despite Isabel begging him. Even though he had told Liz and she had told Maria and later Alex and wrote it all down in a journal which she lost yet Max always excused her for it.

It was always one rule for Max and Liz and another for Michael and Isabel. Max betrayed their trust yet it was Isbael and Michael who were made to look the villians of the piece.
Banner by Evelyn
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Here, here, tequathisy. *sigh*
MamaJulie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by MamaJulie »

I am new to Roswell and just watched all the seasons. One thing that really bugged me was how Michael and Max didn't want Isabel to be with Jesse or tell him. I mean I understand that telling another person might put them more at risk, but eventually she was going to meet someone she loved. And it was ok for Max to tell Liz even though he barely even knew her? Isabel had known Jesse for a few months at least. If Max is going to have Liz and Michael Maria why can't Isabelle have someone?

It also bugged me that Liz was so upset at Max for sleeping with Tess when she was the one that said she slept with Kyle in the first place.
carter13
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by carter13 »

MamaJulie wrote:It also bugged me that Liz was so upset at Max for sleeping with Tess when she was the one that said she slept with Kyle in the first place.
i agree, but it annoyed me with the fact that you woulda thought that max new liz better than that, how could he believe that a girl that would jump off a bridge for him, that lied to her parents for him, would suddenly jump into bed with her X.

sam
-x-
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

carter13 wrote:i agree, but it annoyed me with the fact that you woulda thought that max new liz better than that, how could he believe that a girl that would jump off a bridge for him, that lied to her parents for him, would suddenly jump into bed with her X.

sam
-x-
Especially when he obviously didn't believe her, as he kept telling her again and again. :?