Roswell reboot in the works

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Roswell reboot in the works

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Verity is reporting that the CW is working on a Roswell reboot. Former effective producer Kevin Kelly Brown is involved in the project. Here is a link to the article.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/roswell ... 202588397/
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Roswell reboot in the works

Post by Alien_Friend »

Yes it’s happening. Jan 15 2019 the reboot premieres. I don’t like it one bit. I bet the fanfic world has come up with similar elements to where they are taking this rendition but at least fanfics would be better than this will be. Because in the fanfic world people get what makes this show great. I can’t see the new rendition being good at all. Everyone is older. I don’t like the looks. Just no. why touch it? I don’t know.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/eTk24tf_cyY
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

Sadly, because of the people involved with this reboot, I don't have a lot of faith that this will be very good. Unless I hear enough good reviews from friends I know and trust, I don't think I'll be watching it.
Thanks to DreamerLaure for the banner

Cocogurl's Fantasies
clueless
Addicted Roswellian

Post by clueless »

I won’t be watching either. From the looks of the trailer there’s no on screen chemistry at all like the original series. And the trailer shows Liz gets shot in the shoulder and Max heals her - this doesn’t make sense to mesince it’s not a life threatening injury and the diner is empty. Anyway, I’m not looking forward to it.
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

clueless wrote:I won’t be watching either. From the looks of the trailer there’s no on screen chemistry at all like the original series. And the trailer shows Liz gets shot in the shoulder and Max heals her - this doesn’t make sense to mesince it’s not a life threatening injury and the diner is empty. Anyway, I’m not looking forward to it.
She got shot in the shoulder? I must have missed that. That makes me even more disappointed since that would totally lessen the impact of him healing her. :(
Thanks to DreamerLaure for the banner

Cocogurl's Fantasies
clueless
Addicted Roswellian

Post by clueless »

Cocogurl wrote:
clueless wrote:I won’t be watching either. From the looks of the trailer there’s no on screen chemistry at all like the original series. And the trailer shows Liz gets shot in the shoulder and Max heals her - this doesn’t make sense to mesince it’s not a life threatening injury and the diner is empty. Anyway, I’m not looking forward to it.
She got shot in the shoulder? I must have missed that. That makes me even more disappointed since that would totally lessen the impact of him healing her. :(
Yeah from the looks of this trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TLCFPc90Ryg

It seems it’s by the shoulder and that the crashdown was closed. If social media was big like it is today back when Roswell was on it would have been an even bigger success. They should have just done a sequel cause I’m not looking forward to this reboot at all.
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

I might check out the pilot, just to see what it's like, but I'm not expecting much.

Also, is it me, or does the actor playing Max kinda look like Kyle, especially in his police uniform? There were a couple of moments in the Comic Con trailer that I thought Nick Wechsler was in it :P.
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamon »

I agree that the injury in the reboot doesn’t seem like it’s life threatening and since the diner is closed Max doesn’t have to worry about anyone seeing him heal Liz. I have a feeling that this version isn’t going to be good.

If only we had a strong social media presence in the old days when Roswell was originally on...but the Tabasco campaign was creative and epic.

The only upside that I can see from the reboot is maybe we will see an increase in fanfics cause I would love to read some more stuff!
I have a few dreamer challenges in mind if you are looking for ideas so pm me!
singerchic4
Forum Moderator

Post by singerchic4 »

Well it's premiered! I've started a new thread with spoiler alerts to discuss it now that it's aired
If you're having a bad day and in need of a good laugh, click the siggie.
Check out my fics and art
Board ArchivesRulesFundraising