Revival Series Premiere *spoiler alerts*

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Revival Series Premiere *spoiler alerts*

Post by Raychelxluscious »

Heavenli24 wrote:
Yeah, makes sense... it just made me laugh when I saw it.. like it was a bad pick-up line:
Max: I have to touch you to show you
Liz: Okay.
Max: [fondles her boob in broad daylight]
Honestly, this needs to be a parody fic. :lol:

Unrelated to who loved or didn't love the reboot...I'm glad it's on, and I really do hope it does well. I haven't been on this site in months (prior to that, YEARS), and since Tuesday night I've spent hours obsessively scrolling through the forums reminiscent of my high school and college days when this place was booming; I have a decade old WIP that I've been rereading (and cringing) and it's made me want to write again. To finish it! Without the reboot, who knows (or cares, honestly) if I'd ever visit this site again. But I'm sappy and grateful all the same. <3
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Raychelxluscious wrote:
Heavenli24 wrote:
Yeah, makes sense... it just made me laugh when I saw it.. like it was a bad pick-up line:
Lol :P
Unrelated to who loved or didn't love the reboot...I'm glad it's on, and I really do hope it does well. I haven't been on this site in months (prior to that, YEARS), and since Tuesday night I've spent hours obsessively scrolling through the forums reminiscent of my high school and college days when this place was booming; I have a decade old WIP that I've been rereading (and cringing) and it's made me want to write again. To finish it! Without the reboot, who knows (or cares, honestly) if I'd ever visit this site again. But I'm sappy and grateful all the same. <3
It's awesome that the reboot is bringing everyone back to the forum :). I do still visit the site, but I'm not really active here anymore. I haven't written anything for Roswell since 2010, but I am still writing fic (just in the Veronica Mars fandom now), and I occasionally go back and re-read my favourite Roswell fics :).

I also rewatched season 1 of the original show about a year ago, and I still got the same butterflies watching Max and Liz's relationship develop as I used to back when I was a teenager :).
Hopeless Romantic
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Hopeless Romantic »

Heavenli24 wrote: Max: I have to touch you to show you
:lol: she did tell him to do whatever he wanted! Can’t say I blame him for going for the boob grab!
Lol - fair enough. I was 16 when the OG show started, and knowing it was a WB teen show, I wasn't expecting anything untoward to happen in it :P.
Haha yeah, all the untoward stuff happened on this board instead! I’m definitely excited we’re going to finally see it on the screen. I’ll be picturing OG Max and Liz sometimes for sure.
<center>

</center>
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

Hopeless Romantic wrote:
Raychelxluscious wrote:
I've met two of the best friends I've ever had through writing fanfiction for that show and those characters. It got me through a lot of dark periods in my life. And it spawned my love for creative writing.
Word. So much word. You moved from WV to Florida thanks to this show and the friendship it gave us.
Raychelxluscious wrote: Trust me, I get where you're coming from in that sense. Some of have literally invested 20 years in this. And the original will always be the favorite and revered version. I'm not saying that's different for me either.

But times change, and this is a reboot and not a reincarnation of the original. We are never going to get a Max and Liz who can hold a candle to Jason and Shiri. Colin Hanks IS Alex Whiteman. I'm definitely going to make comparisons, but I'm also not going to throw the towel in because Max didn't say "it was you".

(Okay but seriously: why didn't he say "it was you"? :D )
I was born and raised in Charleston WV. I moved to Montgomery for college and Morgantown for Grad School. I worked in Parkersburg for awhile. I ended up back in Charleston.
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

RoswellFan68 wrote: I was born and raised in Charleston WV. I moved to Montgomery for college and Morgantown for Grad School. I worked in Parkersburg for awhile. I ended up back in Charleston.
Hi! I lived in St. Albans...for like a month, lol, while I did an interpreting internship in Ripley (I know they're not nearby, but a friend lived there we made the commute together).

Most of my life was in North Central WV. I don't miss it enough to move back though! But it is always nice to meet people from my home state. :)

Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tinkerbell_Luvs_Roswell »

Heavenli24 wrote:
Raychelxluscious wrote:
Heavenli24 wrote:
Lol :P
It's awesome that the reboot is bringing everyone back to the forum :). I do still visit the site, but I'm not really active here anymore. I haven't written anything for Roswell since 2010, but I am still writing fic (just in the Veronica Mars fandom now), and I occasionally go back and re-read my favourite Roswell fics :).

I also rewatched season 1 of the original show about a year ago, and I still got the same butterflies watching Max and Liz's relationship develop as I used to back when I was a teenager :).
So I came onto roswell Fanatics for the first time in a few years to see if anyone whose on here watched the new show. Looking for an honest review from people who loved the OG Roswell as much as I did. So I am definitely going to need to check it out now that everyone for the most part enjoyed it. I read all the books back in the day. I was in 9th so not sure how much of the plot I remember from the book but I do remember there was a lot that was different from the show. Excited to jump back into the world of Roswell!

Heavenli24 you are one of my favorite writers on here and to hear you write for Veronica Mars is beyond exciting to hear! Do you write on AO3? Would love to read your work! The movie is tidying me over until the show returns in July and would some new fics to read!
Jull_ana
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jull_ana »

Hey everyone!
I was so happy to have found this thread today.
I had been seeing so much negativity towards the new show from old fans since I watched it on Tuesday, and it was really bringing me down, because the show really hooked me.

I hadn't been here in years, and I'm glad to see how people (like me) are coming back and with open minds about the whole thing. Not gonna lie, I had a small panic moment when I realized that I don't know how to find fandom anymore (I migrated from ezboard to livejournal but I have left that behind 10 years ago or so and fandoms have moved to tumblr and AO3 and god knows where else. I didn't know where I would be able to find people these days) :shock: :shock: :shock:

Regarding the pilot, I have to say they hooked me with Counting Crows and the freaking glass window, and made me interested with a sharp Liz and political commentary. But what made me come back and say to myself "YES!" was definitely the Michael/Alex of it all. Because I could see the chemistry from the first scene they did together.
And I get that some people are sad because this means they don't get their candy and stargazer fills, but I found it so believable. Because you can see that they have this tormented, unhealthy relationship, but what is life if not a series of unhealthy relationships? Maybe it's because I have always been a dreamer and they didn't mess with that, but for me the guys showed more chemistry that Max & Liz.

I love Jeanine's Liz, but I'm not 100% sold on Max yet - we'll see. And despite barely hidden pods and the bizarreness of drinking nail polish remover (how does one go about discovering that in the first place?), I am looking forward to the next episode, and to finding out if I can come to love this incarnation of the show as much as I loved the original one.

P.S.: I am not gonna lie, I was really happy to see that of the first 3 Roswell NM fics that popped up on AO3, all 3 of them were Michael/Alex. But now I am kinda wishing for some good dreamer stuff - maybe this will be the place for it? :D
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Jull_ana wrote:Hey everyone!
I was so happy to have found this thread today.
I had been seeing so much negativity towards the new show from old fans since I watched it on Tuesday, and it was really bringing me down, because the show really hooked me.

I hadn't been here in years, and I'm glad to see how people (like me) are coming back and with open minds about the whole thing. Not gonna lie, I had a small panic moment when I realized that I don't know how to find fandom anymore (I migrated from ezboard to livejournal but I have left that behind 10 years ago or so and fandoms have moved to tumblr and AO3 and god knows where else. I didn't know where I would be able to find people these days) :shock: :shock: :shock:

Regarding the pilot, I have to say they hooked me with Counting Crows and the freaking glass window, and made me interested with a sharp Liz and political commentary. But what made me come back and say to myself "YES!" was definitely the Michael/Alex of it all. Because I could see the chemistry from the first scene they did together.
And I get that some people are sad because this means they don't get their candy and stargazer fills, but I found it so believable. Because you can see that they have this tormented, unhealthy relationship, but what is life if not a series of unhealthy relationships? Maybe it's because I have always been a dreamer and they didn't mess with that, but for me the guys showed more chemistry that Max & Liz.

I love Jeanine's Liz, but I'm not 100% sold on Max yet - we'll see. And despite barely hidden pods and the bizarreness of drinking nail polish remover (how does one go about discovering that in the first place?), I am looking forward to the next episode, and to finding out if I can come to love this incarnation of the show as much as I loved the original one.

P.S.: I am not gonna lie, I was really happy to see that of the first 3 Roswell NM fics that popped up on AO3, all 3 of them were Michael/Alex. But now I am kinda wishing for some good dreamer stuff - maybe this will be the place for it? :D
Yes, to all of this! Seriously, the Michael and Alex chemistry was palpable from the first scene and was totally believable. But, I'm also a Dreamer like you, so messing with that conventional coupling doesn't phase me.

I really liked Jeanine, too. I saw her on Grey's Anatomy and was sad when she left the show, but obviously it was for this role so lucky us. ;)

With the nail polish remover thing, Hopeless Romantic pointed out to me as we were watching that it's probably something they've discovered or formulated that she's just hiding in the bottle. At least I hope, because otherwise, that's gross! :lol:

Glad you enjoyed! :D

Jull_ana
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jull_ana »

I only knew Jeanine from SYTYCD, but I'm really happy with her Liz. She stands up for herself, and that is something I can get behind.
Raychelxluscioust wrote:With the nail polish remover thing, Hopeless Romantic pointed out to me as we were watching that it's probably something they've discovered or formulated that she's just hiding in the bottle. At least I hope, because otherwise, that's gross! :lol:
I just read something that makes me believe that the nail polish remover comes from the books. I never read them, but apparently it has something to do with a Collective? idk. :roll:

I still think it's weird.
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Jull_ana wrote:I only knew Jeanine from SYTYCD, but I'm really happy with her Liz. She stands up for herself, and that is something I can get behind.
Raychelxluscioust wrote:With the nail polish remover thing, Hopeless Romantic pointed out to me as we were watching that it's probably something they've discovered or formulated that she's just hiding in the bottle. At least I hope, because otherwise, that's gross! :lol:
I just read something that makes me believe that the nail polish remover comes from the books. I never read them, but apparently it has something to do with a Collective? idk. :roll:

I still think it's weird.
I don't watch SYTYCD but now I'm going to google her on the show, for sure!

I did read the books, but I don't remember the nail polish thing or the Collective? But it's been soooo long since I've reread them (fanfic was better :wink: ) but now I'm going to see what I can poke around and find about it. I do hope they incorporate more from the books! And it seems that way with how Alex's Dad is represented...he wasn't the nicest fella.

Is it Tuesday yet? :lol: