Revival Series Premiere *spoiler alerts*

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Revival Series Premiere *spoiler alerts*

Post by Raychelxluscious »

dreamon wrote:They really are drinking nail polish remover

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2019/01/17/t ... ew-mexico/
*gag*

I feel like they could have done a liiiiittle better than that :lol:
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
RoswellFan68
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by RoswellFan68 »

I don't think the nail polisher remover is smart when you have kids eating tide pods.
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

RoswellFan68 wrote:I don't think the nail polisher remover is smart when you have kids eating tide pods.
LMAOOO :lol:

So. True.
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
Jull_ana
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jull_ana »

RoswellFan68 wrote:I don't think the nail polisher remover is smart when you have kids eating tide pods.
Maybe that explains how they found out about it in the first place. Because for them to be drinking it now, at some point someone had to try it, right?
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

For UK viewers (myself included!), there's a download community on Dreamwidth where someone is posting the eps - so far, within an hour of the Eastern time zone airing finish.

It's thevault.dreamwidth.org. You have to join, obviously, but it is open to join.

I'm so thankful for that comm right now! Lol.
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
Jull_ana
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jull_ana »

Tasyfa wrote:For UK viewers (myself included!), there's a download community on Dreamwidth where someone is posting the eps - so far, within an hour of the Eastern time zone airing finish.

It's thevault.dreamwidth.org. You have to join, obviously, but it is open to join.

That’s useful. I got the VPN so I’m watching from the website, but got the episodes in 720p from Dreamwidth so I can keep them after the 5 weeks :)

I hadn’t opened my Dreamwidth account in years!
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Jull_ana wrote:
Tasyfa wrote:For UK viewers (myself included!), there's a download community on Dreamwidth where someone is posting the eps - so far, within an hour of the Eastern time zone airing finish.

That’s useful. I got the VPN so I’m watching from the website, but got the episodes in 720p from Dreamwidth so I can keep them after the 5 weeks :)

Where do you find the episodes on Dreamwidth? I couldn't find them anywhere when I looked the other day (I've never used Dreamwidth before though, so I don't really know if I was looking in the right place).
Tasyfa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Tasyfa »

Heavenli24 wrote:
Jull_ana wrote:

Where do you find the episodes on Dreamwidth? I couldn't find them anywhere when I looked the other day (I've never used Dreamwidth before though, so I don't really know if I was looking in the right place).
Sorry for the late reply! It's at the URL I put in the original post. It's a community on a journal site, so you need an account and you need to use that to join the community.
"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
~Henry Jenkins
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED UP TO EPISODE 8

Personally I wish more people realized that this new Roswell is not meant to be a remake of the original series we all loved and still love. So many people call it a reboot or remake and it's not. It's supposed to have more to do with the books but even then it will venture off in many ways as so many book based series often do.

I have been trying for months, even before word of the Roswell, New Mexico series was heard (at least by me cause I'm sometimes behind) to revive our RP section here, find other writer's to do things with. I was hoping after the show aired it might have brought more people back with interest. The Player's Club was my haven here for a long time when things were rough in my life. I went through being disabled, homeless, and moving through several states with the friends and fellow writer's I met on here.

With the series there were many things I've thought of, many homages I have made while watching it with another RF friend.

My thoughts are as follows:

The original series my fave couple was Izzy/Alex. I used to write for RP's as most of the characters depending on story line and need. I was first introduced to Roswell after the last season aired I believe because a friend that was here asked me to write Michael. I had never watched a single episode when I wrote my first post here and had people tell me I got him spot on thanks to my friend giving me an idea of what he was like and comparing him with a character I wrote for a show called The Tribe (New Zealand show). It was at this time I decided I had to watch the show so I bought all three seasons and fell in love.

For me I will always love Jason as Max, he will always be my Max and I was originally wary of the idea of Nathan portraying him because of other roles I had seen him in. However, I found myself liking his portrayal, he may not currently be my favorite character in the series but he does do very well.

Despite the drama around Katherine, she has always been my Izzy, I loved Isabel and could connect to her character on many levels. Lily as Isobel hasn't entirely won me over. However with her story arc as it is at present I understand many of her drives and have to admit that very first scene with her husband had me laughing my ass off.

Originally I was not excited about Michael portraying our Mikey, I haven't seen him in anything else but I didn't think he 'fit' what was in my head and I know a large part was because he wasn't Brendan. However, I LOVE this version of Michael. The attitude, the control he has, it works because one thing I had always had bother me with the original is that our Michael should have had time to practice and gain more control. I also like how they kept with the fact that he's brilliant, because anyone that paid attention in the original knew he didn't apply himself but was smart.

Colin was amazing in the original, his Alex is still one of my bust into tears portrayals and I didn't ever like him being dead. I loved his character and often in RP I found reasons that he lived or his death was faked or something as much as I could. However, Tyler's Alex is kick ass. I have found myself connecting with him, understanding his motivations and even tearing up over what he faces. I am proud of the actions he takes, pleased to see the chemistry between Alex and Michael.

I admit it's still weird hearing the name Kyle and not seeing Nick, but I loved Michael Trevino in Vampire Diaries/The Originals so was definitely open to seeing how he did as Kyle. I love that he's a doctor instead of a Sheriff or mechanic, I love that he has a moral compass that shows he grew since High School and so many of his interactions have been connectable to me.

I don't feel they have given Maria enough time for a real connection until the last couple of episodes, which I admit made me doubt whether I was going to even like her or connect to her. However, the background they gave her and her mother is really starting to interest me. I do miss Majandra, her Maria often made me laugh but her growth was I think the largest in the original show because she went from being extremely anxiety ridden and panicky to shows of strength and determination, while also going through vulnerabilities and uncertainties and having loyalty.

Now Liz... so many thoughts. I'll start with Shiri's Liz, I enjoyed writing her version but often made some changes because her constant flip flopping drove me batty. There were many times I questioned whether she would ever stop being selfish, for example with Michael when he was sick it was all about her and her fears which yes they were understandable but the others had fears too and stepped up to help out someone they cared about and she teetered on the edge until the end when his life was in danger. At other times it was all about her being hurt, not even seeing when her friends needed her until one of them pointed it out. She wanted loyalty from her friends but seemed to be on the fence about giving it.

Jeanine's Liz has many more motivations for the teetering, many that are understandable although she also showed she can't be trusted to keep her word since she rapidly broke her promise to keep their secret by telling Kyle. I do like that she's not entirely a push over, her attitude is a point in her favor. I don't like that she made what she made, decided not to use it but kept it anyway. Why not destroy it so no risk of anyone else getting their hands on it? I understand how she goes with the science but honestly there are times when I don't 'feel' her emotions connect, times when she seems extremely heartless and disconnected which I know some will say she has a right to be but I'm hoping we'll see her grow over time.

Cameron is awesome, I don't know if they will work her as the character Cameron from the books considering in this her name is Jenna Cameron rather than Cameron Winger, but so far I like her character and she has real motivations for what she does. I also loved Riley in The Originals.

Characters from the books I am hoping will make an appearance here even if they have to change names:
Adam
Trevor
Nikolas
Ray

Anyway, I am working on writing up new RP ideas to post in the Players Club incorporating the new show and some aspects of the Original where it fits... I may even write some fics again, hopefully my muse let's me finish some that I never did years ago due to all of my moves.

I already wish it was Tuesday night so I can watch more.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

Shiri's episode aired this week. It was super fun to see just how referential it was to the original series, without losing its own footing.