Revival Series Premiere *spoiler alerts*

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Revival Series Premiere *spoiler alerts*

Post by vilandragirl »

The new developments on who Noah really is have me hard core imagining that Jessie Ramirez was really an evil alien. The possibilities are super fun to think about it.
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

I just binge watched the first season!! Took me a while for a few reasons, one when the series first was coming out I was in the middle of trying to find a place to move, then when it came out I was in the middle of moving lol I was contacted by a few people from this board I’m still friends with outside of this board years later asking me if I watched it and what I thought.

I was very hestitant to start I didn’t know if I was ready to to see Max and Liz, Michael, Isabel and the rest of the crew differently but also I loved Roswell in its form so throughly I didn’t want anything changing it. May not make sense to all but it is what that is.

I not only read all the Roswell High books years ago but also all the books that came after (the show)and so when I saw Roswell as I knew it, it was SO different. First up Liz was not Latina so drawing from that I gave this one a go and allowed myself the time to fully dedicate to watching it.

It’s not the OG Roswell and going into it with those eyes and that mind I was able to appreciate all the things this Roswell is and what it isn’t. The characters, the scenes, all the changes and all the chances this Roswell has that my forever favorite characters never had the chance to have.

I appreciate all the ways it’s NOT trying to be the old Roswell in your face but in the same aspect trying not to disrespect what came before it. Also keeping in thought the books came before Liz Parker was even on paper. And I can appreciate that because if they made Max Evans save Liz Parker I don’t think I could have ever even watched 1 opening credit.

It won’t ever replace the original and I won’t ever love it more but I have room in me for another perspective of that world in me, I guess.

Needless to say I am a fan of the series and look forward to the second season.
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Just noticed the post by BERSGIRL77........is that really you Tanya? I've missed your writing so much.
I enjoyed the comments by STORMWOLFSTONE too. And I agree with you two. I have been able to separate the two stories, and appreciate each one on it's own merit.
Jason Behr will always be my Max.......but must admit this older Max sure looks good in a uniform.
So glad to hear from others with their opinions. It's gonna be a long, long time until we get Season 2 though.

Roswell forever!
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Hey Carolyn - yeah it’s me. Long time no post that’s for sure lol! Glad to see some familiar faces still on here I sure do miss this place. So many great memories and long nights.

This new revival is just getting started and I hope it gets a longer life than the original I feel like it has the potential but who knows but I’m along for the ride!!

Tanya

keepsmiling7 wrote:Just noticed the post by BERSGIRL77........is that really you Tanya? I've missed your writing so much.
I enjoyed the comments by STORMWOLFSTONE too. And I agree with you two. I have been able to separate the two stories, and appreciate each one on it's own merit.
Jason Behr will always be my Max.......but must admit this older Max sure looks good in a uniform.
So glad to hear from others with their opinions. It's gonna be a long, long time until we get Season 2 though.

Roswell forever!
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamon »

So Jason Behr is going to be in 4 episodes next season. His character/role in the show is a secret.
I have a few dreamer challenges in mind if you are looking for ideas so pm me!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

can't wait for that event!
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

It’s good to be back here. I haven’t been in years so as the ones before me emphasized; one good thing about the revival is that it brought people back here and will probably for a few years to come.

I am bias to the original Roswell. There is nothing that compares to it in my mind and heart and will always love every tiny bit of it. Shiri will always be my Liz! Same goes to the original cast, no exception to anyone. That’s why I was set against watching the revival. It took me months to come around to the idea of giving it a chance.

I have to say it surprised me. I expected to stop watching midway through the pilot but I pinged watched the season in 24 hours. What disappointed me most was that they made Michael gay, robbing us of one of the biggest love stories on the show. I also didn’t like the casting of Kyle and Maria. It seems to be these two characters were severely altered and not in a good way. I will miss the humor factor that the original Kyle added to the show. I was also disappointed by the scene where Max heals Liz and the scene where he lets her see him. Everything about those two scenes felt wrong to me especially that they are the biggest reason for getting me hooked in the first place. I feel like I was haunted by the two scenes for the longest time and couldn’t believe how the revival got it wrong.

One thing I liked a lot is that they made the characters older. The casting of Max and Liz were also good, but especially Max. I thought he fit well. However, the characters didn’t seem mature to me for their age. On the contrary, they felt like teenagers especially with their attitude and behaviors. That was a big let down. I also didn’t like that Liz blabbered Max’s secret and made poison to kill him!! I mean what the?!!! Our Liz would never have done that! I also don’t like how they made Liz a mad scientist! Just whipping out potions like it’s so easy!

If I think about the show as fan fiction and don’t compare it to the original then I can say it’s pretty good and I like it a lot. I will continue watching because I need my Roswell fix. However it can never hold a candle to the original. I also would apprenticeship if the show stops trying to be political. Keep the fantasy alive. We have the news for reality!

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz