Hank

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Morning Dreamgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hank

Post by Morning Dreamgirl »

nibbles2 wrote:foster children do not take the name of their foster family. He may just have been given a name by a social worker just as he was given the first name. Or Jason Katims and co used the name given by Melinda Metz and nobody ever bothered to come up with an explanation of it's origins.
This sounds about right... If a child is unnamed or the name is unknown when entering an orphanage or the foster system, usually a name is given to that child - and it doesn't have to do with the foster family given that creating that kind of emotional tie usually isn't something that's encouraged. I mean, you're supposed to care for the child and all, but to encourages that kind of emotional attachment when the child will most likely be moved relatively often isn't something that the social workers, etc. really try to do.

Whether people agree with it or not is another thing. :?

Anyways, it's one of those things that really wasn't explored in the show... which would have been an interesting thing to go over, in my opinion.

Ashley
Anchespatoon
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anchespatoon »

In the books it was Guerin too. But there he had several foster families.
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

I wish they would have explained it somehow, though, because Guerin is such an unusual name for them to have made up. But I don't think Jason Katims ever would have guessed the level of analysis that Roswell fans would eventually go to.
Anchespatoon
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anchespatoon »

Another hint for him to continue with season 4/Movie. :D
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

haha this thread is still going on :D i knew i wasnt the only one with this brain fart
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~