Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Titch22
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:03 am

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by Titch22 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:35 am

I am a dreamer fan but I hated 'Sexual healing' way too OTT. I spent most of it rolling my eyes. I've never watch it again. It's the only episode I have not re-watch besides 'Cry you name'.

User avatar
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:24 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by killjoy » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:25 am

Damn I forgot all about this thread :oops: :lol:

Okay let me rant again....no just kidding.

Okay I am one of those who liked Sean.I could have gone for a Sean/Liz romance but like some other's have said here I could have seen them as just friends having fun.I also think the writers on the show should have had Sean be the one LIz was in bed with...not Kyle...during that whole Future Max thing.I also think they should have let Sean stumble onto the whole alien thing....that would have been interesting

Okay I have said it before and I will say it again....there was either some thing that happened with the writting staff or someone was trying to hurt the show.That is the only way I can explain how Tess went from flirting with Kyle..putting her fingers down his underwear....the dance in Vegas and the whole Christmas ep....to I love you like a sister :roll: .Someone high up had to have gone in and said

"Nope we're not doing that! THIS is where I want you to take it!"

And the writers went with it.I mean it was like a one hundred and eighty degree turn around from where the show was going....you CAN'T tell me it was not done on purpose by someone :roll:

User avatar
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:24 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by vilandragirl » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:22 pm

I totally agree! I thought Sean had real potential. And I have said it on other threads, but I'm kind of obsessed with shipping Sean and Isabel.

It seems like the writers just wanted Kyle to be alone and miserable, and I don't really get it.
Season 1: Liz rejects him
Season 2: Kyle and Tess flirt like crazy the whole season and then all the sudden aren't interested.
Season 3: Kyle falls in love with Isabel, who is married

User avatar
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic
Posts: 1627
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:24 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by killjoy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:13 pm

vilandragirl wrote:I totally agree! I thought Sean had real potential. And I have said it on other threads, but I'm kind of obsessed with shipping Sean and Isabel.
I actually got a thing going for Sean/Serena in fanfiction...not that there's any stories..just my wish.

I even wrote a one shot AU story where it's mentioned that Sean stumbled across the Alien stuff and how he and Serena hooked up.

User avatar
vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:24 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by vilandragirl » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Ooh, can you post a link? I feel a little bit with Sean the way I feel about Kyle. He just got the shaft so bad, I wanted him to be happy with someone.

User avatar
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 947
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:54 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by jake17 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:03 pm

i know that I am going to get KILLED for saying this but, its how I truly feel...

keep in mind that I am a die hard dreamer, and I am obsessed with Max, and I only want Max and Liz together...and I was totally sick to my stomach when Tess and Max slept together and believe it was one of the biggest mistakes the writers made...

Ok saying all that...

I think that Max sleeping with Tess was understandable, and I don't believe he was cheating or deceiving Liz in any way...

ok before I get stoned let me explain... :lol:

I think you have to look at the whole picture..

Max asked Liz about ten thousand time if she really slept with Kyle...
He didn't believe she would do that, so he harped on this for the entire second season, it was almost agravating because you wanted Liz to just break down and tell him the truth. It went on waaay too long if you ask me.

She said it over and over and over again until she finally got pissed and said "me and kyle made love that night!" during their big confrontation in the street during the episode the harvest.

After loosing Liz he was in terrible pain and Tess was right there, showing him another life he once had, telling him they were in love, married, giving him flashes of them together... she had a huge influence over him, I think he was very vulnerable after loosing his first love...

its only natural to cling to someone that is going to give you some relief from all the pain your in.

She showed him a part of himself and his other life that he has had questions about since he was a child.

PLus he had no idea what a manipulating mindwarping killer she was... :twisted:

ok and what I think was the main thing that pushed him over the edge and into her arms was everyone turning their back on him...

Him and Isabel lashing out at him about being the leader ...and ending up alone...because he was afraid to let her go away to college..

MIchael basically doing the same thing...

then Liz telling him off, not caring about the safty of the aliens for once, so she could find out what happened to Alex..

(which by the way, I loved! GO LIz! "You can't play the king card on me Max!" :)

Even though I think he was wrong with the way he was treating EVERYONE I do believ he did it out of fear and love for them... I think he felt them all slipping away and so he tried to hold onto them as tight as he could which ended up backfiring on him...

When he showed up at the observatory, she was waiting, ready to totally take advantage of the situation ...his pain confusion and the fear that he had just lost everyone he loved.

She threw him a life line... "i'll always be here Max, whenever you need me" BLAH! :roll: :x YACK!

So although I HATED that they slept together, and I believe it ruined the big romance between Max and LIz, cause lets face it, we were all waiting for max and liz to lose their virginity to each other... because it would be friggin amazing and special...and poof the just took that away from us..

yes even though all of that ..

I don't think he cheated, and I totally disagree with what LIz says about all the things she did for him and "you slept with TEss?"

What about her sleeping with Kyle? because thats what she told him she did, and for no reason...as far as he knew, he saved her life, they we're in love, blah blah blah... he couldve said it all right back to her..

remember he had no idea about future Max..

anyway I think I've rambled on long enough..

Please no one kill me..

I really do love Max and LIz together ...really I do! :wink: :lol:

Carrie
Image

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare

User avatar
Rowedog
Forum Moderator
Posts: 380
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:54 pm
Location: In your mind.
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by Rowedog » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:41 pm

Carrie, that's not an opinion you should get stoned for.

In my opinion it's the right opinion to have, it's realistic and mature. While it totally sucks that Tess and Max had sex, he was completely within his right to do so and I could understand why he did it. I'm with you on that one.
Alison’s Fics

Image
Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker

User avatar
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian
Posts: 947
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:54 pm

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by jake17 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 pm

Rowedog wrote:Carrie, that's not an opinion you should get stoned for.

In my opinion it's the right opinion to have, it's realistic and mature. While it totally sucks that Tess and Max had sex, he was completely within his right to do so and I could understand why he did it. I'm with you on that one.
Wow, thanks Alison! I was really not expecting anyone to agree with me! :)
Image

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare

User avatar
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:05 am
Location: Washington

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by Cocogurl » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:18 am

jake17 wrote:i know that I am going to get KILLED for saying this but, its how I truly feel...

keep in mind that I am a die hard dreamer, and I am obsessed with Max, and I only want Max and Liz together...and I was totally sick to my stomach when Tess and Max slept together and believe it was one of the biggest mistakes the writers made...

Ok saying all that...

I think that Max sleeping with Tess was understandable, and I don't believe he was cheating or deceiving Liz in any way...

ok before I get stoned let me explain... :lol:

I think you have to look at the whole picture..

Max asked Liz about ten thousand time if she really slept with Kyle...
He didn't believe she would do that, so he harped on this for the entire second season, it was almost agravating because you wanted Liz to just break down and tell him the truth. It went on waaay too long if you ask me.

She said it over and over and over again until she finally got pissed and said "me and kyle made love that night!" during their big confrontation in the street during the episode the harvest.

After loosing Liz he was in terrible pain and Tess was right there, showing him another life he once had, telling him they were in love, married, giving him flashes of them together... she had a huge influence over him, I think he was very vulnerable after loosing his first love...

its only natural to cling to someone that is going to give you some relief from all the pain your in.

She showed him a part of himself and his other life that he has had questions about since he was a child.

PLus he had no idea what a manipulating mindwarping killer she was... :twisted:

ok and what I think was the main thing that pushed him over the edge and into her arms was everyone turning their back on him...

Him and Isabel lashing out at him about being the leader ...and ending up alone...because he was afraid to let her go away to college..

MIchael basically doing the same thing...

then Liz telling him off, not caring about the safty of the aliens for once, so she could find out what happened to Alex..

(which by the way, I loved! GO LIz! "You can't play the king card on me Max!" :)

Even though I think he was wrong with the way he was treating EVERYONE I do believ he did it out of fear and love for them... I think he felt them all slipping away and so he tried to hold onto them as tight as he could which ended up backfiring on him...

When he showed up at the observatory, she was waiting, ready to totally take advantage of the situation ...his pain confusion and the fear that he had just lost everyone he loved.

She threw him a life line... "i'll always be here Max, whenever you need me" BLAH! :roll: :x YACK!

So although I HATED that they slept together, and I believe it ruined the big romance between Max and LIz, cause lets face it, we were all waiting for max and liz to lose their virginity to each other... because it would be friggin amazing and special...and poof the just took that away from us..

yes even though all of that ..

I don't think he cheated, and I totally disagree with what LIz says about all the things she did for him and "you slept with TEss?"

What about her sleeping with Kyle? because thats what she told him she did, and for no reason...as far as he knew, he saved her life, they we're in love, blah blah blah... he couldve said it all right back to her..

remember he had no idea about future Max..

anyway I think I've rambled on long enough..

Please no one kill me..

I really do love Max and LIz together ...really I do! :wink: :lol:

Carrie
Don't worry. You won't get stoned. Because you're right about the fact that Max didn't cheat on Liz with Tess. They weren't together.

If I were Liz, as painful as it is that Max slept with Tess, I would try to get over it because in all honesty, he wasn't cheating. Just like if she had really slept with Kyle, she wouldn't have been cheating on him. I do think, though, that she shouldn't have just let him off the hook for not being there for her. I mean, the fact is, Liz did everything for him. She was always there for Max and Michael and Isabel, she made so many sacrifices for them, and put herself in so much danger to protect them and the ONE time Liz needed him to be there for her for a change, he wasn't. And while I understand that Max was going through a lot at the time, so was Liz. She has been since she found out the truth about him, but she's always come through no matter how scared she was and no matter what she was going through, she always put Max first. I had just hoped for that same kind of loyalty. For me, if I were Liz, that would've been just such a damaging blow to any trust I had for him and I wouldn't have taken him back so fast. And there would've been some trust that needed to be built.

Anywhoo, I totally agree with you about Max sleeping with Tess. While it totally sucks, he wasn't cheating on Liz. He was really sad at the time and Tess, being the little stalker that she is, was always around to comfort him when he needed it. She was very good at that. She's such a litte...no, I will not go there. Go to happy place, go to happy place. :lol:

But, you know, in some ways, maybe all the bad stuff that happened in season 2 just made their love stronger. Because it showed that even through all the bad stuff, they've only ever loved each other.

User avatar
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:49 pm
Location: I'm behind you.
Contact:

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by tequathisy » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:41 am

No stoning, only applauding from me. I love when die hard dreamers can see the Tex situation from a rational and reasonable pov. My own opinion is that Liz was a bitch to Max during season two and she had no right to get on her high horse about him sleeping with Tess after everything she did to him. I believe that her intentions were mostly good but they were wrong and Max was the one who got hurt.
Image
Banner by Evelyn

Post Reply