Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by SidneyAce »

begonia9508 wrote:I never thought that Courtney was interested in Michael and for me, she was doing all that flirt thing bc she was there to make contact with him bc he was part of their plans to re-conquer Antar... How can you interest a guy? The way she did!
And she was really brave, she resisted tortures and destroyed herself for not revealling where the granilith was...

EVE :wink: :mrgreen:
I agree with you completely. I liked Courtney. She was really brave and Loyel. And i don't think she liked Michael. It's more like she worshiped him as a hero who can save her people.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

I have to admit I can't see Michael with anyone else but Maria, I'm not sure why. I loved how they were in the beginning but then he got borderline abusive and mean, then it just got weird. Honestly I don't think the writers from the 2nd and 3rd season even watched the 1st season...but that's just me.
That is funny that you would say that Jake, because to me Michael didn't became mean and abusive toward Maria, he was always that way right from the beginning. When did he really treat her well? They made out, but every time she tried to connect with him or get closer he pushed her away.

A couple of times when she bitched him out he was nice for a while, but he'd go right back to being a jerk to her.
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
juliecollard87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by juliecollard87 »

RoswellOracle wrote: That is funny that you would say that Jake, because to me Michael didn't became mean and abusive toward Maria, he was always that way right from the beginning. When did he really treat her well? They made out, but every time she tried to connect with him or get closer he pushed her away.

A couple of times when she bitched him out he was nice for a while, but he'd go right back to being a jerk to her.
I have always felt this way as well; the only time he was ever truly nice to her was after Alex died. I'm pretty sure he kept her at a distance due to the fact that he never knew when he was going to be leaving.

I think Courtney was in love with Michael more than he was a hero. If she just had respect for him as a leader she wouldn't have been so willing to drop her panties for him. I think it was more of a celebrity kind of love than an actual love.
My Fics

The List

Unplanned Mistakes

"you can always go back to your soulmate thats what makes them your soulmate" Cappie from Greek
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

I think Courtney was in love with Michael more than he was a hero. If she just had respect for him as a leader she wouldn't have been so willing to drop her panties for him. I think it was more of a celebrity kind of love than an actual love.
I've always thought so too. She respected him as a leader and maybe there was some hero worship, but it seemed there was more to it than that. I always saw quite a spark between them, that could have developed. What would have happened that night if her skin hadn't peeled?

I also got the feeling that they had known each other in their past life. From what she was saying that they needed him as their leader and he wouldn't betray Max, it seemed to me like she was close to him.
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
juliecollard87
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by juliecollard87 »

RoswellOracle wrote:
I also got the feeling that they had known each other in their past life. From what she was saying that they needed him as their leader and he wouldn't betray Max, it seemed to me like she was close to him.
I think it is very likely that Michael and Courtney could have been close on Antar. We do not know much about Rath and Vilandra’s relationship other than she was cheating on him. It seems like they had a marriage of lies. I think it is very likely that Rath maybe had a woman on the side.
My Fics

The List

Unplanned Mistakes

"you can always go back to your soulmate thats what makes them your soulmate" Cappie from Greek
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well I liked Courtney for I like how she brought out the jealous side in Maria. The fact Maria would just steam when Courtney flirted with Michael had me laughing.
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

I love Tess...but I love her character flawed.

I like her as being good, but flawed....that way the lines of good and evil are blurred. While in AU without aliens stories, I pretty much like her as cute, good, and bouncy. In stories with aliens, I prefer her flawed. <<it's a guilty pleasure.

Its kinda funny....of all the stories with aliens I have written. If she is a good character, I tend to constantly poke fun at her (in a good way)...but I throw the word evil and deranged and all those words in there. I just can't help it. I love her.

And in more serious stories...I tend to make her pretty much cannon. Though I change the circumstantial situations around her so that the reader will feel extremely conflicted with how they feel about her character. You want to love her but you hate her, but she good, but she's evil all at the same time. She's got the most potential of all the characters in the show sometimes. :twisted:
Sundae
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sundae »

I loved Sean...he was such a good comic relief at times. And I like Tess/Sean couplings. I know, I don't even think there was ever a scene between the two in the show...but in writing these two characters...I see sparks fly. And it may just be my imagination, but in my mind they fit so well. Imagine Tess trying to be all serious (but we all know she's got that silly side to her) and Sean, who's that laid back guy that will pretty much annoy her to the point that her silly side comes out or she gets extremely pissed. :lol:

Its probably my imagination...but I'm working on two stories...and I intended to have cannon couples. Kyle-Tess, Isabel-Alex...but when writing it, I couldn't help but put Sean/Tess together and Kyle/Isabel...they had chemistry...and it was oN PAPER! (poor Alex)

-----

I also would have loved to see the whole Brody/Larek/Maria thing explored more. While I don't think Maria fits well with either one (eww...she being young and them older)...I found it fascinating to see what Larek saw in Maria. I mean it was Maria who talked LAREK out of holding the UFO center hostage. And it may be Brody's feelings transferred to Larek...but it would be nice to see Micheal's reaction to it all, had Larek/Brody have a bigger part in the show. We got another alien vying for the love of Maria...how would that work out for Michael...knowing that its not just humans, its aliens too.
valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

Sundae wrote:I loved Sean...he was such a good comic relief at times. And I like Tess/Sean couplings. I know, I don't even think there was ever a scene between the two in the show...but in writing these two characters...I see sparks fly. And it may just be my imagination, but in my mind they fit so well. Imagine Tess trying to be all serious (but we all know she's got that silly side to her) and Sean, who's that laid back guy that will pretty much annoy her to the point that her silly side comes out or she gets extremely pissed.
I can see them being good together. Balancing each other out, and there's a whole bunch of things that Tess probably never got to experience, that I'm sure Sean would've been more than willing to help her experience.
I also would have loved to see the whole Brody/Larek/Maria thing explored more. While I don't think Maria fits well with either one (eww...she being young and them older)...I found it fascinating to see what Larek saw in Maria. I mean it was Maria who talked LAREK out of holding the UFO center hostage. And it may be Brody's feelings transferred to Larek...but it would be nice to see Micheal's reaction to it all, had Larek/Brody have a bigger part in the show. We got another alien vying for the love of Maria...how would that work out for Michael...knowing that its not just humans, its aliens too.
That whole thing never made a bit of sense to me. Why would a man be interested in starting a relationship with a sixteen/seventeen year old girl? It wasn't like oh she's attractive, but she's too young for me and I should stay away. He actually asked her out!!! And he had a kid!!! Seriously, what was he thinking?! The whole thing was twisted! But I guess if you could get over the whole ew feeling of it all it might be somewhat amusing to watch. I think at that time it would've been too much drama with everything else that was already going on.
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

Larek had a thing for Maria?
I remember that Brody had a thing for her and i didn't think that it was so weird or sick. He genuinely liked her but it was always platonic and cute he never crossed the line IMO. I don't see them as a possible couple....more like friends. My impression is that he liked her because she's pretty and sunny.. she's an optimistic person while he isn't like that especially considering his problems with the alien abductions and his daughter. Sometimes people are attracted to a person who is their opposite or the way they'd love to be themselves.
Maybe he looks older than his age but who knows maybe he has Jesse's age (i don't remember if it was ever said) or slightly older.
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts