Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by Coccy »

well, i guess that some people's inability to make a mature discussion (or a simple discussion, for the matter) and disagree with someone else without hiding behind sudden inconsistent irony (especially when they're the ones who provoked the discussion because they were upset LOL. ) isn't even funny it's just sad and only confirms all the things that i've already written here... and it's not that i didn't give the chance to discuss. :wink:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

back on the topic:
Roswellian117 wrote: But what REALLY pisses me off is when people think it was OK for Isabel to treat Alex like CRAP then at the last minute change her mind and suddenly love him!?
i love Alex and Isabel but this is kinda true.
Honestly i think that the second season is full of forced storylines (reason of why it's my least favorite.)
I hate to say that but i think that the writers decided to give a chance to A&I only when they decided that he was supposed to die. They wanted her to cry and feel bad after his death (and that was useful in order to create tension between Max and Isabel too) Reading what the writers said about the ending of the season i have to think that when A&I were happy in heart of mine they already knew that he was supposed to die ( sadistic >_<).
then in the third season she suddenly loved Jesse and married him.

Isabel is a weird character, she's the one who dated the most yet she never found the one for her. Her feelings were easy to be changed in matter of episodes. To be honest i always thought that she was a bit self centered too and this was her main problem and one of the reasons of why she never found true love.

I like the idea of Isabel and Kyle but i'm not 100% sure that it could have worked either not to mention that she never seemed attracted to him that way. Also watching the third season more times made me realize that Kyle falling in love with her was out of the blue too and seemed forced not to mention that limited him as a character because he obviously didn't have a chance to be with her and i wanted him to date someone who finally loved him back and have his own love story that didn't revolve around the aliens.
So even when it's about ff i do prefer Alex&Isabel if Alex is alive or Jesse&Isabel for the post season 3 ones because although i don't really love the latter they still have something canon to start from.

Back to Isabel.... why is it that there were hardly any gazer moments on the show? I would've easily believed she loved him if I had seen more LOVE!!!

to be fair Colin couldn't be always there in the second season because he got other works to do
But it's true that the writers never seemed so interested about developing, really developing, Alex and Isabel as a couple
(and that could be also the reason of why Colin's absence wasn't a huge problem for them)
it's bad because they had potential and i loved them in the first season. He made me like Isabel (who is my least favorite alien after Tess) a bit more :lol:
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Ohhh boy :lol:

Yep did I ever hate Alex leaving he was a great character

Kyle/Isabel season three would have been better than the Isabel/Jesse we got
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

She did fall for Jesse just a little too fast for my liking. I think it was kind of a rebound thing if there is such a rebound since it A/I were never really developed. Kyle makes sense. I remember when Isabel was mad at Max during season 2 and her and Kyle were having fun in a sense.

I just realized these poor teens hardly EVER had fun! I mean there were a few episodes but no quippy fun teenage dialog. I mean don't get me wrong they were more teenage then those of Dawson's Creek who talked like rouge scholars!

For me this show could've went in a lot of different directions but I still love it and was happy to have it in my life! To still have it to an extent.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well it's not that I didn't like Jesse or think he wasn't a good guy who didn't treated Isabel well.It was just like you I thought that whole romance/getting married was rushed and out of left field.Plus I was hoping for a Kyle/Isabel romance
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

killjoy wrote:Well it's not that I didn't like Jesse or think he wasn't a good guy who didn't treated Isabel well.It was just like you I thought that whole romance/getting married was rushed and out of left field.Plus I was hoping for a Kyle/Isabel romance
Kyle/Isabel makes sense after Alex passed and Tess left. It is an obvious choice but it would've been nice to see them develop something. Kyle is a great friend to Isabel and I think it could've developed into something more. I do think the I/J romance was just way out of left field... It came out of like literally NO WHERE!!! One minute it's "Oh Alex!" to "I'll marry you Jesse!". Ummmm... HELLO!!!! You just turned 18! Live a little Isabel!!!

Ok out of tangent here but when Nathan and Haley got married on One Tree Hill it was like WTF but they seemed to be together a LOT longer than Jesse and Isabel who were only together for what 2 or 3 months! Sneaking around behind everyone's back no less!

It's true love when you have to hide it! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Give me a break! It irritates me to no end just thinking about the stupidness of Jesse and Isabel.
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Let's keep this discussion friendly, people. Agree to disagree without any name-calling or veiled personal attacks. I know this topic has the tendency to get people riled up, but we're all here to have fun, so let's do that.
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

valentinebaby
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by valentinebaby »

It's kinda funny because I just had this conversation the other day. I hated Jesse, hate him. The other thing is his character was never really developed he was just kinda there for most of the season.

I think my biggest problem with the Jesse/Isabel/Kyle thing. Was it was obvious that Kyle liked her and if it wasn't for Jesse it could've been a relationship that was explored. I always liked Kyle but the poor guy never got a girl. First there was Liz and I didn't like him then, then we have Tess and the relationship there gets deemed sibling instead of romantic. Then we have Isabel who he could never go anywhere with. The man needed someone! Instead his life as he knows it gets turned upside down by the aliens, he gets dragged into the middle of everything whether he wants to be or not, and what does he get in return? The potential of turning green and sparky. If there is one character I can say I constantly felt bad for in Roswell, it would have to be Kyle.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

valentinebaby wrote:It's kinda funny because I just had this conversation the other day. I hated Jesse, hate him. The other thing is his character was never really developed he was just kinda there for most of the season.

I think my biggest problem with the Jesse/Isabel/Kyle thing. Was it was obvious that Kyle liked her and if it wasn't for Jesse it could've been a relationship that was explored. I always liked Kyle but the poor guy never got a girl. First there was Liz and I didn't like him then, then we have Tess and the relationship there gets deemed sibling instead of romantic. Then we have Isabel who he could never go anywhere with. The man needed someone! Instead his life as he knows it gets turned upside down by the aliens, he gets dragged into the middle of everything whether he wants to be or not, and what does he get in return? The potential of turning green and sparky. If there is one character I can say I constantly felt bad for in Roswell, it would have to be Kyle.

Yes!! Finally!! That is what I am saying. Also I hope it wasn't me who was saying anything about anyone personally :oops: I was just talking about Isabel and Jesse...

Anyways, poor Kyle seemed to never get a break... EVER!! Poor him. I think he deserved someone to be happy with and if Alex has passed I vote for Isabel, if not then I vote for Kyle to be with Tess. It's as simple as that. I don't HATE Jesse... I just don't think he belongs and he made no sense.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

At least they could have made it more fun if she was going to marry Jesse! Like after they get married Isabel finds out that Jesse is actually Khivar and Kyle has to help her get rid of him.....which would lead to Kyle/Isabel.
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

I loved the Jesse storyline. It was nice to see Isabel attempting to have a normal life or part of it at least. I hate it when shows make the same group of people date each other over and over again. It was nice to see them break the circle and let someone new who didn't know the big secret. And someone who didn't just accept their big secret, someone who didn't want to be part of it. And i have to say the therapy thing that Jesse went through after finding out, was kind of cool. It was very interesting.

I also loved that Alex helped Isabel to open up to Jesse. It was a nice touch.

And as for hiding out their relationship, it was normal, considering how annoying Max and Michael are everytime Isabel thinks of dating someone. Hiding things has nothing to do with true love. Romeo and Juliet had to hide their relatinship and people don't stop talking about how it was the best love story ever.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz