Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Unpopular Opinions...Round 2

Post by killjoy »

You know I don't think the whole Jesse/Isabel thing would have bothered me as much if they had just been dating behind everyone's back.But to have Alex just die,Isabel crying her eyes out to than suddenly go "I'm getting MARRIED!!" was just a tad too fast.Had they brought Jesse in a bit slower than I think it would have been better.

Of course.....seeing how they almost didn't get the third season maybe they didn't think they had the time to do anything slowly :lol:
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

killjoy wrote:You know I don't think the whole Jesse/Isabel thing would have bothered me as much if they had just been dating behind everyone's back.But to have Alex just die,Isabel crying her eyes out to than suddenly go "I'm getting MARRIED!!" was just a tad too fast.Had they brought Jesse in a bit slower than I think it would have been better.

Of course.....seeing how they almost didn't get the third season maybe they didn't think they had the time to do anything slowly :lol:
I was so shocked when Alex died. But i think the show continued the second season well. I loved when Liz found the poem and Alex underlined and how she went against the aliens. It was really interesting. And I also loved how people were doing that weird thing with their fingers because of Tess. The second half of the second season was all about Alex and the really needed to move on in the third season. Isabel was never in love with Alex. He was a good friend and nothing more. I think she felt more guilt for not returning his feelings than anything else. I never bought that she felt anything more for him.

The show had to end with the third season so they couldn't explore every possibilities. And with everything considered, i think they did well.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

I didn't hate Jesse, I just thought he was boring. And I thought it was unfair of Isabel to marry him and keep this huge secret from him. I get that she was trying to have a 'normal' life, but she could never have that when she is lying to her husband and hiding who she really is. Nothing like an honest relationship. :lol:

I agree with a lot of the others on the thread that I don't think Isabel ever loved Alex either. He was a good friend and she was lonely. And being with Jessie really did just seem like a rebound, and I don't think she could have really loved him either. Maybe she was subconsciously pining for Khivar. She certainly started making out with him the moment she saw him. :D
At least they could have made it more fun if she was going to marry Jesse! Like after they get married Isabel finds out that Jesse is actually Khivar and Kyle has to help her get rid of him.....which would lead to Kyle/Isabel.
There were all kinds of spoilers and speculation at the time that Jesse was Khivar, and boy were we disappointed when he showed up at the wedding! :mrgreen:
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
Cocogurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Cocogurl »

SidneyAce wrote:I loved the Jesse storyline. It was nice to see Isabel attempting to have a normal life or part of it at least. I hate it when shows make the same group of people date each other over and over again. It was nice to see them break the circle and let someone new who didn't know the big secret. And someone who didn't just accept their big secret, someone who didn't want to be part of it. And i have to say the therapy thing that Jesse went through after finding out, was kind of cool. It was very interesting.

I also loved that Alex helped Isabel to open up to Jesse. It was a nice touch.

And as for hiding out their relationship, it was normal, considering how annoying Max and Michael are everytime Isabel thinks of dating someone. Hiding things has nothing to do with true love. Romeo and Juliet had to hide their relatinship and people don't stop talking about how it was the best love story ever.
I agree with that in a way. It was good that they brought somebody new into the fold, however, I think they did it way too fast and the writers gave it too much attention in the 3rd season. I mean, the first few episodes was like the Isabel show with just a few storylines for the other characters to keep the story moving along. I think Isabel got over Alex way too fast, and they should've shown us a bit more of grieving and trying to move past what happened.

And even if they didn't have Kyle and Isabel end up together, I think it would've been nice if they had shown us a little bit that relationship. Because they finally started hinting at it at the most inconvienent time, when Isabel was married and happy. It was like they thought that up out of thin air and just put it to create some drama or something.
killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Post by killjoy »

Well I would have taken the whole Jesse/Isabel romance thing a bit better had they implied that a few years had passed in between season two and three.Say a two or three giving the whole 'getting over Alex' thing a bit more time. But they couldn't do that I guess due to the whole Tess and baby Zan coming back stuff.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswellian117 »

killjoy wrote:Well I would have taken the whole Jesse/Isabel romance thing a bit better had they implied that a few years had passed in between season two and three.Say a two or three giving the whole 'getting over Alex' thing a bit more time. But they couldn't do that I guess due to the whole Tess and baby Zan coming back stuff.

I agree with that BUT they could've made Zan older and Tess had been on Earth for a while. That would've worked out. I could believe that Isabel was in love with Alex. I think she always knew she was falling for him but she really was kinda into herself to really care what people thought about her which is pretty sad. Isabel was shallow in a way but she honestly never let anyone close to her. Ice Princess broke when she was with Alex. She was in love and did love him and I think even though she was with Jesse a part of her heart still belonged to Alex otherwise why would she hide things from Jesse? If you love someone with your whole heart you don't keep secrets from them and you don't lie to them! The episode after Alex found out they were Aliens, Isabel was showing him what she could do with her powers. He accepted her and Jesse was like not really accepting of it. He might've loved her but I don't know. I am just with the whole it was way too rushed and way too soon.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion on such a Dreamer board, but I liked Liz and Sean's chemistry. I think they would have made a cute couple.

And I know this is a REALLY unpopular opinion for my Candy ship . . . but I thought the Michael/Isabel makeout scenes in Four-Square were hot. Don't get me wrong, I'm a diehard Candy, but . . . I can admit it.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

April wrote:This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion on such a Dreamer board, but I liked Liz and Sean's chemistry. I think they would have made a cute couple.
Yeah ... they kinda did. It was pretty much evident in Heart Of Mine after the prom when she went to see him at the bowling alley. Thought that was really sweet.
And I know this is a REALLY unpopular opinion for my Candy ship . . . but I thought the Michael/Isabel makeout scenes in Four-Square were hot. Don't get me wrong, I'm a diehard Candy, but . . . I can admit it.
Huh?! :shock: For shame! Ooooo ... I'm telling! :lol: j/k Eh, maybe if Maria wasn't in the picture ... I could get down with it, but I'm glad that avenue was never driven down. And in any case, I always felt those were subliminal messages that were created by whoever engineered them - since Isabel/Vilondra and Michael/Rath were supposed to be married, but she got involved with Khivar instead.

Never would have happened if there was something real there to begin with. That was always my take on it.
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

April wrote:This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion on such a Dreamer board, but I liked Liz and Sean's chemistry. I think they would have made a cute couple.

I agree with you. Of course i love Liz/Max and Michael/Maria but i was always up for them to explore other possiblities. Especially that Max and Michael had their "off" moments. :( You can't know what's right for you till you see what's out there.

Plus i wanted to see alien+alien romantic relationship. I mean no one understood what those aliens felt but themselves so i would have loved to see them hook up together. I know they attempted to do that with Tess and Max but it was never real.

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

This is probably a pretty unpopular opinion on such a Dreamer board, but I liked Liz and Sean's chemistry. I think they would have made a cute couple.

I admit I am a die hard dreamer, and maybe that is coloring my opinion, but it seemed like Liz was trying too hard with Sean, trying to force something that just wasn't there. She was still in love with Max, obsessed with him, only thinking about him, but trying desperately to move on. Sean was a good friend to her and told her some stuff she needed to hear. He was nice to her, was attracted to her, and I think he came at a time when she needed that. She was on a major rebound, and he was there, and convenient, and it probably felt good to have something easy instead of all the complications with Max. But it could have been Sean or any random guy.

I think Liz realized that herself when she went to him in Departure. No one would have stopped her from moving on with Sean, but she stopped herself. She realized she was using him to try and get over Max.

On the other hand, I think there could be something between Michael and Isabel. She is pretty much the only person he really respected, and she was always there for him. They are more comfortable with each other than anyone else, and they understand each other, and like each other as they are.

When they heard about destiny, Max completely denied it, but Michael said they might not have a choice. Neither he nor Isabel seemed upset. When they started getting the dreams about being together they both turned to their humans, but it always seemed to me that it was because they were scared to face the truth and their own feelings. Neither of them seemed very upset that she might be pregnant, and they were prepared to be together. Look at the difference when they suspected a pregnancy and when Tess told Max she was pregnant. Max was totally freaked and talked about options, but Michael and Isabel were very comfortable and talked about how happy Michael had been in their dream.
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!