Question about Max & Liz

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

chunkmonster2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Question about Max & Liz

Post by chunkmonster2 »

I know this is gonna sound strange especially since I am a huge fan of the
show but.....
I recently just purchased Season 1 and 2 and rewatched them. I can't find season 3 anywhere around here so I am currently looking for somewhere to watch online.... but anyways back to my question

I was watching with a friend the other day and they questioned me whether or not Max and Liz ever "hook-up" I got to thinking about it and I couldn't remember them ever actually having sex in season 3. Did I miss it or am I just crazy? I know weird question but once it was posed to me got me thinking and I couldn't come up with an answer....

I figured this would be the best place to check!
Last edited by chunkmonster2 on Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author's Page
"you come crash.... into me. yeah, baby. and i come into you."
"and how can i stand here by you, and not be moved by you?"
My Fics Below:
Returning Normal | Already Gone
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Question about Max & Liz

Post by girl afraid »

They didn't have sex. There was supposed to have been a scene in the graduation episode after Max proposes to Liz but Graduation got cut from a two hour episode down to one hour so it wasn't filmed.
it's better to rise than fade away.
chunkmonster2
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by chunkmonster2 »

Wow.... That surprises me. I thought I must just have been forgetting it somehow.
It just seemed like they made such a big deal about when this was going to happen throughout most of season 1 and 2 you would think it would have actually happened.
Sometimes I feel like the storyline jumped around a lot -- seemed like they were going in one direction then it got skewed in a weird way in another direction. I love the show to death; it's just a shame cause I think with a little better planning it could have been so much bigger then it was -- even though I still love it.
The actors were so talented in my mind, I think thats what really made it
Author's Page
"you come crash.... into me. yeah, baby. and i come into you."
"and how can i stand here by you, and not be moved by you?"
My Fics Below:
Returning Normal | Already Gone
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

Well take comfort in that they at least got married, so you know what would have happened later on that day. :wink:
it's better to rise than fade away.
SidneyAce
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SidneyAce »

Personally i always assume that they did actually have sex during the third season. It was just implied. They were just too comfortable with each others' bodies like how they were laying in bed kissing heavily in one scene and in another scene how Liz was touching Max with her leg under the table of her diner. They weren't like that before the third season so as i said, i think they did have sex but they didn't show us.

And i also want to say that i am so sorry that you can't find the third season. It's my favorite season. It's really really great! :)

"..I get hungry for love and thirsty for life
And much too full on the pain"
-Jason Mraz
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

They never actually had sex. The writers meant for their first time together to be aired in the last episode but due to time constraints they didn't show it, which sucks. So going by the writer's intentions we can safely assume that they didn't have sex in the episodes leading up to graduation.

I'd like to think that if the writers decided that Max and Liz did have sex in the third season that it would have at least gotten a mention, even just as a side note. But as it is, we'll just have to go by the assumption that they "consumated" everything after their wedding. :wink:
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
Coccy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Coccy »

one thing is sure: they eventually did after the wedding and since the wedding was a memory that Liz was sharing with her father lets say that their wedding night was already already implied in graduation lol
anyway you can either assume that they did it after the proposal OT after the wedding.
Choose the one you like the most, i guess.
Personally i like both possibilities

SidneyAce although they didn't have sex in the third season it's true that they were very intimate. Lets say that before making love they most likely experienced the other ways to be *together* too, like normal couples. Reason of why they were always comfortable with each other bodies.
"You're what would bring me back.
Even if my molecules were spread out from here to whatever galaxy my home planet is in,
that wouldn't stop me. All my molecules would be like little homing pigeons.
They'd all zoom to you, and then I'd re-form." - Max Evans; Roswell High - The Watcher
Dreamer Idolatry - M&L community || My arts
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

i"M not sure what this says about me but I was beyond upset that they never had a show, scene, whatever dedicated to the first time they made love...

I didn't watch Roswell when it aired, didn't even know it existed until I was home sick from work five years ago and caught the reruns on the scifi channel...

needless to say I was changed forever after seeing Max Evans...I know I'm such a dork...but I just loved that show from the second I saw it..

anyway I ran right out and bought all three seasons...

I patiently watched them all going threw all the ups and downs and having to painfully deal with the writers constant screw ups that twisted me in knots (tess & Max) being one of them...

seriously I was so obsessed with Max and liz and their love for each other all I wanted to see was that stupid scene!

I kept thinking how incredible they could make it.. how special and moving it could be after everything they've been through..

I was even thinking we'd see a prism of light coming from the room or something alien related like that because it was their first time and they had such a connection...

i know Im rambling now but the possibilities were endless on how amazing they could've made that first time...

Personally I think we, and I when I say "we" I mean die hard dreamer fans like me and so many others were totally robbed of that moment...

I know there are many reasons why fans of the show like it so much and not all of them have to do with Max and Liz but i'm sure there are people out there like me who loved it mostly for that reason...

I will never forget that day, sick on the couch watching Max run over to Liz and heal her...

omg to me that was the most romantic moment on tv I have ever seen...

It still stings after all these years that they deprived us of that first time...

even though Ive written it about a million times .. :wink: :lol:

and to hear that they filmed it and didn't air it for time reasons????

Just put a knife in my heart why don't you!

anyway ... I know I"m crazy but its just how I feel....

I will always be disappointed about this ... :(

Carrie

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Carrie....I agree with you 100%.
That's why I love your fanfic so much......you bring us this couple as it should have been on the show.
Now I don't feel quite so cheated!
Carolyn
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

keepsmiling7 wrote:Carrie....I agree with you 100%.
That's why I love your fanfic so much......you bring us this couple as it should have been on the show.
Now I don't feel quite so cheated!
Carolyn
:oops: Wow that was incredibly sweet Carolyn, thank you so much! I wouldn't have been able to write anything without the constant incouraging kind feedback you and so many others have given me...

thank you so much!

Carrie :)

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare