Because of Roswell I....

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

vivalalauren
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Because of Roswell I....

Post by vivalalauren »

Tried and loved tabasco.

Had the obnoxious email pixie_lover for half of middle school in honor of Maria. If I see her compared to pixie in fic now I cringe in remembrance.
BritttheDreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BritttheDreamer »

Believed in true love when I was younger. Now I understand more but I still do believe that true love CAN conquer all if you fight for who you love.
dopiecat
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by dopiecat »

Because of Roswell

I missed a lot of deadlines because I couldn't stop watching when I was supposed to be working :!:

My boyfriend thinks I'm weird :lol:

My mom is now weird too because she can't stop watching. :D

I am now into aliens :mrgreen:
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by jake17 »

because of Roswell I began writing ...

When Roswell originally aired I was off having my daughter, she is actually born in Jan of 2000, :shock: (very ironic, if you ask me :wink: ) :lol:

at any rate I had no idea Roswell was on tv at all. I was so busy with my baby that I rarely was able to watch.

I had never even heard of Roswell until the summer of 2006, I was home sick and they had a marathon on the scifi channel, (which I never watch either!) go figure!

I was switching around the stations and the pilot of all episodes was on, I caught it right when Michael was trying to stop Max from running over to heal Liz in the crashdown. I literally froze, was completely lost in that scene, probably forgetting to even breathe while he healed her. It seriously rocked me.

I watched every eipisode until four pm when it stopped, of course by then I was completely in love with Jason Behr and the show. AT four o' five I was on the computer ordering all the season's on blockbuster.

Needless to say my patience wore out waiting for them to come in the mail so I went sick as a dog to the store and bought all three seasons.

Then came the amazing day that I found this site and all of these unbelievable stories. I had never even heard of fanfiction before, ( i know, i don't understand it either) I was so floored that so many people cared so much about the show that they wanted to keep it alive through these very talented creative fics.

Besides term papers in college or stories i was forced to write for class I had never written anything in my life.

As time went on I found myself making up dialogue in my head and storylines for the characters. I am not a courageous person at all! And I never in a million years thought that anyone would be interested in anything i had to say, esp. after reading the high quality of work here and other sites.

like many others I hated how the writers handled Max's reaction in the end of the world, in my head Max would never have been able to just walk away and accept what he saw. It drove me crazy, so crazy I HAD to change it.

One night that was particually hard in my RL I was reading a fic here and thought, that's it im just going to do it. I had only a few lines in my head and a slight direction of how I wanted Max to react.

I thought of the title in a split second and after becoming a member as quickly as I could I just started writing off the top of my head.

I had no clue what the hell I was doing and was convinced everyone would hate it but I just had to do it.

Of course everyone here was so incredibly supportive and nice which is the only reason I was able to keep it up.

I think I wrote an update almost every day for months for that story.

Thirty two fics later I still can't stop :roll: :lol:

So because of Roswell I started writing and became a little insane...but my daughter tells me its in a good way. :wink: so I guess that's ok :lol:

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Carrie's three comments in this thread have inspired me to add mine. I love hearing how everyone got hooked on this series, and I think it is expecially interesting that it convinced Carrie and others that they could write fanfic.

I was late to the party, didn't catch the regular shows until reruns on SciFi. Matter of fact, I had just retired and was looking for X-File reruns.....only to find Roswell had replaced X-Files for a period of time. Well, it didn't take me but one episode to be hooked. Like others, I bought all three DVD series as soon as they were available, and still pull them out and watch from time to time.

My family thinks I'm crazy....but my grand children are always passing along news about Roswell and the characters involved.

Because of Roswell, I have become a devoted fan of fanfic. My day isn't complete with out my fanfic fix. My special thanks to all that make this possible.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Got in the mood to do this because of the reunion. Keep in mind, I was pretty young when this aired.

Because of Roswell I . . .

Decided to be myself in middle school and high school, rather than trying to be someone else. After all, What's so great about normal?

REALIZED THAT I WANT/NEED A SWEET AND SPICY RELATIONSHIP. ;)

Became a writer (I hope).

Made a lot of friends with the same interest.

Discovered a ton of great new music.

Discovered an amazing batch of actors I never would have known without this show.

Learned how to kiss. (Opening scene of Heatwave. Thank you, Brendan and Majandra!)
:lol:
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by AlysLuv »

Because of Roswell I got into fan fiction with all the wonderful people here. I started watching the show right from the beginning. I was a WB snob. Lol. But I was soooo young. I feel in love with them. I was in 8th grade when the show ended!! Then I couldn't believe it was over. Started searching sometime after and now I read a couple different tv shows and book fan fiction when I have time. But it all started here. On the site for me. Even years later. Some of the best fan fiction I've read came from here and still comes from here. I remember spending all my high school and college school breaks reading all the time, catching up on everything that I could. Thank you to everyone here who have helped me keep in roswell touch through their writing.
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Post by begonia9508 »

I discovered Roswell show, in Las Vegas!
The episode was "end of the world" and I as immediately addicted.

So back home, two or three months after, it started also in my country! Oh joy!!!
It was fun because I loved everything which is involved with aliens and other worlds... Only thinking that it could exist permit you to dream, all you want...

But when I was on a really bad part of my life, it was Roswell which allowed me to escape, for at least a few hours, far away from my problems... And it still do it! and I hope for a looooong time...

EVE :wink:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!