Books continued from the show

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Books continued from the show

Post by Misha »

They were pretty expensive for a while there. I saw once the last one for $800 on e-bay. But I think now you can find them for $50 or something. It all depends if you can find a desperate fan and all :lol:

Do a little search on Amazon and e-bay and see for yourself if you're willing to sell them. I, for once, love to see the entire collection in my room :mrgreen:
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Arianne
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Arianne »

I actually did buy some duplicates back in the day (when I was really crazy about Roswell) so I could have a collection to look at and a collection to actually read. I was thinking of selling off the to-read ones, which was why I was showing them to my friend.

$50 for a used paperback sounds kind of excessive, though....I don't think even I in my hardcore Roswell days would have spent that much for a paperback. And now that the show's been over for so long, I'm surprised anyone would still be willing to pay that much.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Oh, I would have :mrgreen: Luckily for me, all 21 were gifts to me from friends and family back when the show was on the air, phew!

But I did know a fan who paid $240 for the last one. I'm glad I was just a poor college student when Roswell was in the air. I did travel to LA from my country two years ago just to see where it was filmed. That's what crazy fans do, I guess :wink:
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Arianne
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Arianne »

I would have loved to go where they filmed the show (when they were filiming it)..and maybe run into someone on the show... :D

I think in general the books are okay. I mean, they have some character development and there aren't too many plotholes. I think Dreamwalk is my favorite because it has a lot of Izzy in it. The rest are kind of Max/Liz oriented, especially the ones after they left Roswell (I've only got New Beginning and Nightscape).
Arianne
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Arianne »

Just out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in buying brand new copies of the Roswell High books and some of the TV tie-in books? As I've said, I've been thinking about getting rid of my duplicates, and after some thought I've decided to keep the reading ones and sell the display ones (because if I kept the display ones I'd be too scared to read them :roll: ). We don't have eBay where I am and I don't think I can register an account on the US eBay (because of various security issues, according to the people at eBay), so I'm going to see if I can find someone to post the books on eBay for me, but if anyone here is interested, they can have first pick :D