Music in Roswell

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Anais Nin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Anais Nin »

magickaldreams wrote:Can anyone identify the song playing at the end of "Blood Brother" from season 1. After Topolsky is discovered by Alex and Liz and Alex are arquing over Max's secret. The lyrics go something like this....

Standing in your blue suit
gazing at the leaves,
they are falling all around you,
just like little broken pieces...

inside of me
inside of me
inside of me

It's the story of my life
I wanna be all of who I am

but November Leaves always shatter me......
Tthis song is by the band weaklazyliar. It's called Story Of My Life. Go here: http://www.weaklazyliar.com and then go to Albums. The song is in the album called The November Diaries.

Funny, I just found out that weaklazyliar is an anagram for "Liz, Walk a Year." :lol:

Stefanie
<center>...endless so far in myself, follow me...
</center>
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Kath7 wrote:The music on Roswell was one of the most important features for me, and I still consider the change on the DVDs to be a crime. No matter how great some of the new music might be, it will never be as great as what existed the first go 'round, because it also represented the times in which those episodes were written.
I just have to say that I totally agree to this... As I've ranted to some people, I was obsessed with Roswell Mp3's, and was likewise obsessed with the music on Roswell. Also, being the young and impressionable kid I was at the time, Roswell pretty much formed my entire taste in contemporary music. (I was always more likely to be listening to Les Mis than the pop radio station, so I didn't have too much of an opinion on contemporary stuff back then)

Thanks to the music site, I'd have heard one song of a band on the show, then download all their music, and more often than not, fall in love. Some bands that I discovered and/or gave more of a chance to because of Roswell are Counting Crows, Sheryl Crow, Folk Implosion, Emiliana Torrini, Badly Drawn Boy... so many great musicians were highlighted on the show, and the music was so incredibly fitting... The music change for the DVD's absolutely broke my heart. At the end of Blood Brothers, when I didn't hear "If You Want Me To" by Ginny Owens I almost cried.
Penuska
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Penuska »

Does anybody know the song and artist of the song from the DVD version of Independence Day when Michael comes to Maria's window in the rain? Please..oh, please!!
We come to love not by finding a perfect person but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly-Sam Keen

I liked you better when you were brooding and paranoid.- Michael
Lessie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lessie »

I've had my S1 and S2 DVD's for a little while now, but sincerely the music choice just does not suit me. Why the urge to change it? Anyways, did any of you tape completely S1 and S2? I want the original music dammit. *lol* The DVD's music choice angers me, and it just does not do the show justice. The original music is much better and it fits the mood of the show much better than the DVD versions. Please if anyone does have the original versions and all, PM me or post a reply here. Please, I am begging desperately. *lol* :oops: :P

Lessie :D
People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I'm not arrogant, I'm focused. I don't make demands. I don't tell you how it should be. I'll give you f***ing options, and it's up to you to select or throw 'em away. That should be the headline: If you're insecure, don't f***ing call.
-Russell Crowe
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Lessie, I've got them all on tape... somewhere... also, the reruns on SciFi have the original music. But if you just want to find out what it is, go to Roswell Mp3's.

Yeah, some of the changes really do not make sense at all... like that scene in Blood Brothers where Liz is saying "I love this song," etc... excuse me, but whatever song they replaced Jeremy Toback with does NOT sound like something Liz would have listened to... just my opinion...

I'm going to hold out the hope that someday there'll be a special edition with the original music... It'll never happen, but....
fetch
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by fetch »

Heh, cool sig :)
Lessie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lessie »

cardinalgirl wrote:Lessie, I've got them all on tape... somewhere... also, the reruns on SciFi have the original music. But if you just want to find out what it is, go to Roswell Mp3's.

Yeah, some of the changes really do not make sense at all... like that scene in Blood Brothers where Liz is saying "I love this song," etc... excuse me, but whatever song they replaced Jeremy Toback with does NOT sound like something Liz would have listened to... just my opinion...

I'm going to hold out the hope that someday there'll be a special edition with the original music... It'll never happen, but....
cardinalgirl thanks much for the link. It's an awesome site. Thanks girl :D ICAM with you about the music. Just one more thing added to the list that disillusions me about the show :cry: :? :cry:
People accuse me of being arrogant all the time. I'm not arrogant, I'm focused. I don't make demands. I don't tell you how it should be. I'll give you f***ing options, and it's up to you to select or throw 'em away. That should be the headline: If you're insecure, don't f***ing call.
-Russell Crowe
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Hey

I have tried to find the Song that's played in the White Room when they're hurting Max. I know how some of the lyrics go it's just I can't find it anywhere!
There was a time in my life when you were everything, everything to me. Everything, everything to me. For one moment I had it all then you took everything, everything to me. Everything, everything to me.
Please if anyone knows this song can ya help me out?
Spidey
x
"Would it be okay if I ride home with you after school?"
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
My Published Works So Far
Jason's Lover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Jason's Lover »

Does anyone know that song and artist who's music is played in the episode "The End Of The World" when Liz, Alex and Maria go to see Madame Vivian?

Crystal
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Jason's Lover wrote:Does anyone know that song and artist who's music is played in the episode "The End Of The World" when Liz, Alex and Maria go to see Madame Vivian?

Crystal
That is Save Me by the Pierces. Great, great song... :D