How did you get introduced to Roswell?

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

rie482
Addicted Roswellian

Post by rie482 »

Hey, I first found roswell when I was wtaching BBC2 and I couldn't be bothered to turn over the channel. It was back in the day when BBC2 had great programmes so I knew the next one would be alright. And boy was I right!!!

My jaw dropped the moment the pilot came onto the screen. It was fantastic and I remember thinking 'ohhhh my god he's hot!' as Max ran away out of the Crashdown doors.

I've been hooked since!
whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is still the same: it's you.
nunki
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nunki »

I was in the States when Roswell first aired back in '99. I saw the promos and since I love sci-fi..., the show looked really interesting and promisng. Plus, I saw Jason and Shiri in one of the first promos and thought they looked so good together and they just oozed chemistry. Heard Here With Me by Dido and loved the song and it seemed so perfect for the show. I watched the first episode and was hooked. Jason and Shiri just drew me in. Their chemistry and connection was so great that I couldn't help but tune in. Needless to say, ever since then I've been a Roswell obsessor. *lol*
Same here,you were telling my story. :D Just that it took a little longer for Roswell to be aired where I live (I´ve never been to the sates...yet).I think it was in 2000,when season one started here.I should have written down that date. :roll:
Stargazer's Delight
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Stargazer's Delight »

How did i get introduced to Roswell.

Well early March this year i decided to take a sickie from work :lol: cause i just couldn't be bothered turning up lol.

So laying in bed around lunch time i was :shock: waiting to watch The Simpsons when Roswell came on in its place instead, since i couldn't be bothered grabbing the remote and flicking it to MTV or something i decided to endure it. Luck would have it that i enjoyed it so much that i decided to look for any fan fic on it.

After reading Still Yours by kzinti_Killer i have never looked back, i am extremely hooked on the show and fan fic
xhollywoodx1
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by xhollywoodx1 »

It was last Month...
There was NOTHING on TV.
So I turned it to Sci-Fi because I love that channel.
There was Roswell on all day, so I thought I would watch it.
I was HOOKED.
I now have all 3 seasons :D
And I got all of my friends into it.
They love it.
"'Cause I'm Looking at you through the glass, don't know how much time has passed. Oh god it feels like forever but no one ever tells you that forever feels like home, sitting all alone inside your head."
SweetnSpicy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by SweetnSpicy »

It was the summer of '05... haha. And my best friend had been mentioning this show Roswell and how her brother is getting the first season or something. I asked what it was about and when she said aliens I was like what? Then she explained that they have books and stuff and I was like interesting. So another day I go over to her house and on Razor(canadien channel) they were showing Roswell re-runs and it was Heatwave! I was confused but the first thing I said when the show started was that wow that guy with the hair is HOT! Next thing you know I'm watching all of her seasons for the rest of the summer. Not anymore though I got my own copies!
-
Michael to Maria--
I try my best but I don't suceed
I need to be loved but I fall on my knees
You keep me sane in the craziest moments
Your warmth your beauty will always hold my heart the closest....
Topy458
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Topy458 »

I was a major fan of the first episode. When I saw the promos for it, it seemed like a really interesting show, plus the guys were really cute! :lol: I had stopped watching the show after season one because of other activity conflicts, and I'd never thought about it since. Then last year, a friend came to visit me during the summer and brought a whole bunch of movies, including season 1 of Roswell. Well after the first episode again, I couldn't figure out why I had stopped watching this show in the first place. I was hooked all summer desperately trying to find all 3 seasons, and finally buying them all. Now I'm an major fanatic for life!

Jenna :lol:
*The Future Is What You Make Of It*
Izzy&Alex 4eva
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Izzy&Alex 4eva »

I read about it in a magazine, not quite sure but i think it was Cult Times.
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

:D At the very begining on WB was flicing one day saw the preview and wrote it down on the calendar so i wouldn't forget. :P
BlondeDramaQueen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BlondeDramaQueen »

My grandmother actually made me watch Roswell. At the time (late season 1), I was not interested and didn't even want to watch, the I got hooked! Of course I owe my little obsession to my grandmother because if I hadn't been at her house I am sure I never would have watched the show. But, I'm glad I did and now years after it ended I'm still talking about it!
Chrissie1218
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Chrissie1218 »

I had heard about Roswell when it originally aired, but I never watched due to my schedule. Last year, I saw that the Sci-Fi channel was going to air the first eight episodes one day. I set my DVR and watched all eight. I was immediately hooked, and I couldn't wait to see more. Luckily, the first season DVDs were on sale on amazon, so I ordered them so I could watch the rest. Of course, once I was done, I had to get the other two seasons on DVD as well. I was lucky to find them on sale in town and snapped them right up.