Dialogue That Makes You Cringe

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

vilandragirl
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by vilandragirl »

Queen Fee wrote:I didn't like Max's whole "I'm coming for you Liz" speech it made me cringe it was so sickly, don't get me wrong i'm a dreamer but even so...
Yeah, that was just so creepy and stalkerish.

As other people have said, I hated the "I'm glowing" line. I inevitably holler at the TV everytime I hear him say that. And I like that epi so much, it's unfortunate.

The other line I hate is when Max tells Liz about Tess being pregant and she yells at him about how he shouldn't have and she did everything for him, yada, yada. She actively pushed Max towards Tess and broke up with him. Was he supposed to be alone forever? It drives me crazy!
rwllmn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by rwllmn »

its been said before but during sexual when max and liz are making out in michael's apt and max is all "I'm glowing everywhere...my toes, my heart. You can't see it. It's on the inside" i just about wanted to throw up!
"...even the worst most intractable mistake beats the hell out of never trying." Meredith Grey
erinkatie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by erinkatie »

it may just be me but i honestly thought the whole "i'm coming for you" thing was kinda sexy and a little kinky, not going to lie.

max not being all sappy and kind of dominant was hot.

:twisted:

Dean: Hey, you know what? There's a ton of lore on unicorns too, in fact,
I hear they ride on silver moonbeams and shoot rainbows outta their ass.

Harold Krick: I know this may sound like gibberish to you, but I think I'm in a tragedy.

“Don’t feel guilty, guilt is a wicked ghost.”

Ben: Evie, you're in the middle of nowhere!
Evie: Then I'll cling to the edge of somewhere!!!
trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Post by trulov »

Just watched "Baby its You" and I hate at the end when Micheal how he's been helping Maria and Liz and how it was worth it. Its like he's taking all the credit for finding the translation, when really all along it was Liz's doing.
girl afraid
Addicted Roswellian

Post by girl afraid »

Haha, he did that before twice to Maria as well.
it's better to rise than fade away.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

The part in the balance where Liz mentions that her parents are gone camping to see Venus in the morning sky. And Max's oh so cheesy response. The whole thing was so contrived and cheesy. And nothing we've ever seen of Jeff and Nancy since then would suggest that it is something they would ever do.
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

at the end of DEPARTURE, the gang standing on the cliffs and Max embraces Liz and then he said

I KNOW ONE THING....TO LOVE,TO LET IN MY LIFE YADA YADA YADA

(PLEASE BRING ME A BUCKET)
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

trulov wrote:Just watched "Baby its You" and I hate at the end when Micheal how he's been helping Maria and Liz and how it was worth it. Its like he's taking all the credit for finding the translation, when really all along it was Liz's doing.
I never really read it like that... he was having it out with Max about his own decision to help, not really getting into Liz or Maria's role in the case.

And... well, as far as Michael knew, if Liz and Maria had gotten as far as finding the old rented house, and he hadn't be along, they'd probably have been killed by the booby trap. THAT, more than anything, is what he's taking credit for, even though he was handing Max the translation. Liz's and Maria's detective work found it, but Michael helped them GET it and brought them home safe.

(Which is arguably what Max should have been doing himself. ;) )
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

RoswellChica
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by RoswellChica »

chanks_girl wrote:at the end of DEPARTURE, the gang standing on the cliffs and Max embraces Liz and then he said

I KNOW ONE THING....TO LOVE,TO LET IN MY LIFE YADA YADA YADA

(PLEASE BRING ME A BUCKET)
omg, I totally agree. It was soo randomly placed. Here is Max, just about to leave the planet, just had a showdown w/ Tess... and telling Liz "I've been really wrong about a lot. But I was right about one thing: To get you into my life, to be around you, to love you."

They didn't even get along at that point!
Everything happens for a reason, just believe.
ashleyt
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ashleyt »

Just watched "Baby its You" and I hate at the end when Micheal how he's been helping Maria and Liz and how it was worth it. Its like he's taking all the credit for finding the translation, when really all along it was Liz's doing.
Technically I don't think Liz would have gotten as far she did, as quickly as she did without both Michael and Maria. She started the whole investigation and was pretty determined but she didn't do it alone.

The two worst lines on Roswell (in my opinion of course)

"What do we do now Max?"

and

"Do you love her?"

"Not like I love you"

The first one's upsetting since Max was always being forced to take this role that he didn't even want in the first place. Imagine all the pressure on this 16(or 17?) year-old from his family/his planet/and Liz. He made a lot of bad choices and acted horribly to the people he loved but everyone was looking at him for the answers and then fought him everytime he made a decision. I'm not a huge Max fan but even I felt bad for the guy.

The second quote is pretty obvious. Max actually had feelings for Tess and created this child due to Liz (while it pretty ridiculous) fake sleeping with Kyle. She did it for the future and sacrificed any relationship they could have had because he (well Future Max) asked her too. That's dedication! Then less than 24 hours later the guy is holding her outside of the Pod Chambers telling her how much he cares. Season 2 for M/L was weird relationship wise.
Banner by Mel
More ME: My LJ l My Fics