Shiri Appleby (Liz Parker) News

Come here to find out all the latest about your favorite actors...

Moderators: Anniepoo98, AvengingAngelIQ, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

AlysLuv
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Shiri Appleby (Liz Parker) News

Post by AlysLuv »

I heard that the show was canceled already , after the pilot, y?...i hope i am wrong that would suck, shiri deserves some good screen time.
mirae01
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by mirae01 »

Q: I was wondering if you had anything about Shiri Appleby's To Love and Die movie/series. I just saw the pilot/TV movie on USA, but found nothing of substance about it on the web, even on the official website. The movie was entertaining and has potential ... It has a character called Eddie, portrayed by Christine Adams as a sort of James Bond's "Q" with gadgets (I know, stereotypical name and profession, but she is gorgeous and has a killer accent).

— AG, Houston, Texas

A: I DVR'd one of USA's middle-of-the-night showings of this TV movie/pilot episode after getting your email, and found it — and Christine Adams's bi character — as enjoyable as you did.

USA Networks announced in 2007 that they had ordered 12 episodes of this series about a woman (Roswell's Shiri Appleby) who discovers the father she never knew is an assassin, and decides to join the family trade. Shortly after the episodes began filming, the writer's strike happened and production was halted.

USA subsequently turned the pilot for To Love and Die into a TV movie, and aired it on Dec. 30 with almost no advance promotion. That doesn't bode well, and neither does the fact that the show's official page is listed in the "movies" section on USA's site, and doesn't mention anything about subsequent episodes. Requests to USA Network's PR department by various press outlets (including this one) have gone unanswered.

So unfortunately, it seems unlikely we'll see the rest of the episodes anytime soon, but I'll keep an eye out and let you know if anything changes. (If any readers know more about the show's fate, let us know via email or in the comments!)

http://www.afterellen.com/column/ask-af ... page=0%2C2
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

happy belated birthday shiri!!
I wanted to tape 'To love and die' but forgot to set my dvr! :( does anyone know if it's available on the web? (please PM me with an answer)
at any rate i hope to catch it the next time it's on tv!
sw
I want an Alien Blast! <3
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

On Tvguide.com It pretty much tells you nothing but I thought I'd bring it by anyway.

USA finally aired To Love and Die, and it was great to see Roswell's Shiri Appleby back on TV! Will this be another in a long line of excellent USA series (Monk, Psych, Burn Notice) or will it fade into oblivion? — Becca

TIM: Exec producer Lorne Michaels has a blazing track record, the cast, which also includes Tim Matheson and Frances Fisher (Kate Winslet's Titanic mom) is filled with talent, and goofily titled series have thrived at USA before. (What's up, Silk Stalkings?) We'll give it a chance.
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

Well atleast that way more people are becoming familiar with it. That does seem to help. Although we do know from experience that a strong fan base isn't a prerequisite to a lasting series....But hey--we can hope right!
Natz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Natz »

Crossing Fingers!!
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

How has Shiri been doing on "er"? I am not able to watch it but I hope to catch it in reruns at some point.
sw
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Shiri has landed a pilot for the CW called light years. It's about a sixteen year old girl who tracks down her birth parents played by some guy and Shiri!! Oh and Kerr Smith plays Shiri's boyfriend.

I hope it works out for her but am I the only one who thinks it's insane to cast Shiri as a mother to a sixteen year old? She still looks sixteen herself for fudge sake.
Pilots: 'Roswell' Girl Gets Maternal for CW's 'Light Years'
Shiri Appleby will play a woman who's confronted by her long-lost teenaged daughter

January 12, 2009
Shiri Appleby, who hasn't had any longterm success on TV lately, hopes that returning to her old stomping grounds will work.

The former "Roswell" star and actors Kristoffer Polaha and Kerr Smith have signed on to star in The CW's hourlong pilot "Light Years," according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Appleby will play a morning radio host, Cate Campbell, who has been tracked down by her long-lost child Lux (Brittany Robertson), a foster kid who decides on her 16th birthday to track down her biological parents. She finds Appleby and bar owner Nick "Baze" Basile (Polaha), who haven't spoken to each other since that fateful one-night stand in high school.

Adding to the mix is Campbell's boyfriend Ryan (Smith), who is her co-host on the show.

Liz Tigelaar, who has written for "Dirty Sexy Money" and "Brothers & Sisters," penned the pilot, which Gary Fleder will direct.

Appleby was best known as the waitress Liz, who fell for alien Max on "Roswell" on The WB, the predecessor of The CW. She most recently appeared in USA's "To Love & Die," the short-lived "Six Degrees," and on the big screen in "Charlie Wilson's War."

Smith is another WB alum from "Dawson's Creek" and has appeared on "Eli Stone." Polaha has more recent, yet short-lived CW credits, having appeared on the MRC-produced Sunday night drama "Valentine."
Source: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-shiri ... ?track=rss
Last edited by nibbles2 on Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

i was just going to post about this...u beat me2it :lol:

here's a slightly different article then above:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... 0b70e65d0e
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Oh wow I am happy for Shiri and I love Kerr Smith too :D I was just telling a friend and fellow Roswellian when we were chatting on MSN Messenger last night I'd hoped Shiri would land something else with 'ER' ending soon. She just turned 30 in real life, therefore she would have been 14 years old to give birth to a daughter who turns 16 :shock: Well the plot does indicate it was a one night stand in high school, so maybe that's the reason the teen is in Foster Care. I hope it's successful! Thanks for posting this information :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11