Katherine Heigl (Isabel Evans) News

Come here to find out all the latest about your favorite actors...

Moderators: Anniepoo98, AvengingAngelIQ, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Eliz
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Eliz »

I thought that it was so funny when I heard them say Izzy. I know she nows plays Isobel Stevens and Isabel Evans, but what was her first role as an Isabel? I wonder if it was done intentionally by her or she just did the best job for all three role and the character's name just turned out to be named Isabel?

I really liked the show I thought it was good!

Holding On
Just A Dream
Pressing Forward
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Well, it's bringing me back next week, which by the way I thought it might not. So far Katie's character has been pretty sweet, so I'm wondering what leads her to the outburst they've shown on the ads... Also, I can't help but love that Isobel say she's a compulsive cleaner (in the commercial for next week's). I wonder how compulsive? Christmas Nazi flashbacks, maybe? :lol:
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

I thought Grey's Anatomy was good :)

I hope that Katie will get more screen time as the show goes on.

She's the reason I wanted to check the show out :wink:
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
Tabasco_RB
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tabasco_RB »

I watched 'Grey's Anatomy' last night. It was a wonderful show. Katie played Isobel "Izzie" Stevens. Its funny how that is the 3rd movie/show that she has played a character named Isabel. Lol. Im sure her character will get a bigger part soon. The Pilot episode was mainly about George, Christina, and Meridith. Izzie seems to be hated by the "Nazi" which is ironic considering she played the "christmas nazi" in Roswell. I thought it was funny when she had to give the rectal exams.:P That was disgusting but halarious!
I'll be there for you til my heart is black and blue...

StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

Eliz wrote:I know she nows plays Isobel Stevens and Isabel Evans, but what was her first role as an Isabel? I wonder if it was done intentionally by her or she just did the best job for all three role and the character's name just turned out to be named Isabel?
Isabel Evans - Roswell
Isabel Linton - Wurthering Heights
Isobel "Izzie" Stevens - Grey's Anatomy

Well, the names of characters and plotlines are done before they cast, so obviously, she must have been best for all the parts. There's an interview (from a different project) where she actually comments on it... ::goes to find:: I'll edit this later.

Anyway, I really liked her in Grey's Anatomy. I hope this show does well. I just wonder what time slot it will be moved to when Boston Legal (?) comes back.

Edit:
Katherine Heigl Roughs It For Hallmark
By Kate O'Hare

Katherine Heigl may be best known to TV viewers as feisty humanoid alien Isabel Evans on The WB's teen sci-fi drama "Roswell," but she feels just as home out on the old prairie. If you have doubts about that, just tune into Hallmark Channel on Saturday (Nov. 20), and see her in the TV movie "Love's Enduring Promise."

A sequel to the cable net's highly rated "Love Comes Softly" -- also based on a book by writer Janette Oke -- the new movie has Heigl reprising her role as frontier wife Marty Claridge Davis, a former Easterner who lives in the American West of the 1800s with her husband, Clark Davis (Dale Midkiff). Clark's daughter, Missie (January Jones), is now a young adult, and the Davises have two sons of their own, Aaron and Arnie (K'Sun Ray, Logan Arens).

While most of the storyline revolves around Missie's choice between two suitors (Mackenzie Astin, Logan Bartholomew), Marty must deal with the aftermath of an accident that leaves Clark bedridden and in danger of death from infection.

Michael Landon Jr., son of "Little House on the Prairie" star Michael Landon, is co-writer and director for the film, as it was for its predecessor.

"I love working with Michael Landon," Heigl says. "He's amazing. And I love the prairie life. I don't think I'd love it 24/7 with no water or electricity, but there's something really peaceful and simple about it that I appreciate.

"You're out there surrounded by crew and cameras, but you can get an idea of what it must have been like. It's so peaceful and so beautiful."

Heigl was also happy to be reunited with Midkiff, whose TV credits include the science-fiction series "Time Trax" and the short-lived Western "The Magnificent Seven."

"He's a really good guy," she says. "Cool guy, good actor. We tease him a lot. When I do these projects with him, his character is a very religious man and very sensitive, so he's always praying or crying. Constantly there'd be these big dinner-table scenes, and we'd be sitting around, saying, 'OK, Pa, you're going to be cryin' or prayin', which is it?'"

Heigl has segued from teen star into adult roles, although she admits, "I was 22 when 'Roswell' ended, and I just wanted to play adults. Now that I'm almost 26, I'm like, 'I'll play a teenager again. That'd be fine.'"

One thing Heigl doesn't seem to be able to shake is the name Isabel, or variations thereof. After playing Isabel Evans, she went on to play a character named Isabel in MTV's 2003 version of "Wuthering Heights." At midseason, she'll be seen in the new ABC medical drama "Grey's Anatomy," playing a doctor named Isobel Stevens.

"At least it's spelled differently," Heigl says. "The other day, I was having a big fight in a scene, and I had to scream something. I yelled out 'Isabel Evans!' instead of 'Isobel Stevens!' I don't get it at all. Maybe I was an Isabel in my past life."
From Kheigl.com
Tabasco_RB
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tabasco_RB »

StarGazing101 wrote: "At least it's spelled differently," Heigl says. "The other day, I was having a big fight in a scene, and I had to scream something. I yelled out 'Isabel Evans!' instead of 'Isobel Stevens!' I don't get it at all. Maybe I was an Isabel in my past life."

Haha! That is halarious!! If I played a character for 3 years and then switched to another character Im more than possitive that I would do the same thing. Im always not thinking when I do things. Well, I loved how she played all of her Isabel characters. I expecially loved her in Wuthering Heights. And I also thought that Love Comes Softly was wonderful. It was a real tear-jerker.
I'll be there for you til my heart is black and blue...

Jason's Lover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Jason's Lover »

That is too funny! :lol: But I did enjoy Grey's Anatomy last night. It's a cute show.
roswells_hope_lily
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by roswells_hope_lily »

OMG i saw grey's anatomy and i luved it, i didn't really think that i would but it was awesome even though some of the medical terms made me go look it up in the dictionary. i honestly thought that it was gonna be boring or stupid, i guess i was proven wrong.i luved katherine heigl's performance in the show and its so odd that she's playing someone named isabel again. missing roswell much.
:.Love makes the world go round that's why it's so screwed up.:

:.Quod me nutrit me destruit.:

:.Carpe Diem.:
Surfgirl02
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Surfgirl02 »

What day/time/channel is Grey's Anatomy on....I remember reading about it in some entertainment magazine and I wanted to watch it but I dont remember when it airs....thanks in advance!
And they say
Open up, we're coming inside
You can't run so you may as well hide
We got the place covered from head to toe, head to toe
Open up, we're coming inside
What's it feel like to know you're going to die?
On the other side of the road
~Dispatch "Open Up"
StarGazing101
Addicted Roswellian

Post by StarGazing101 »

Sundays at 10:00 PM on ABC.