Katherine Heigl (Isabel Evans) News

Come here to find out all the latest about your favorite actors...

Moderators: Anniepoo98, AvengingAngelIQ, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Re: Katherine Heigl (Isabel Evans) News

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

From people.com : Direct Link> http://www.people.com/people/article/0, ... 97,00.html

Katherine Heigl Not Talking Kids ... Yet
By Nicholas White

Originally posted Wednesday July 30, 2008 01:35 PM EDT
Josh Kelley and Katherine Heigl

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Katherine Heigl with a baby carriage? Not so fast!

"It's nothing that we're talking about right now," her husband, musician Josh Kelley, told PEOPLE Tuesday. "We're pretty busy."

Kelley, 28, spent the summer vacationing with Heigl, 29, and touring. He returns to performing August 8 with Rod Stewart.

"I have time for my family, which is good. I have time for me and my wife," he said at the Ryan Sheckler X Games Celebrity Skins Classic in Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif. "I've been trying to tour a little less. Basically by touring less, I've been making more music."

Heigl said in March that she would like to have children sooner than Kelley – but she agreed that wasting their current career opportunities would be "foolish."

And despite Heigl's controversial comments about the Grey's Anatomy writers, Kelley said his wife is thrilled to be back at work on the show.

"She's stoked, man," said Kelley, adding that Heigl's statements had been "overblown." "It's a great show, and I think it's going to be a great season."
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Mt Gazer »

I just found this thread, and I just read that entertainment weekly article.

I don't honestly know why, but Katherine Heigl is one of those people over whom people polarize. they either LOVE or HATE her, with an equal intesity.

First i wonder why she can't just be a human, i mean aren't we all. And yes her words are pulled apart, and peole can read into them whatever they wish, but WHY do they? Why waste that time?

Other people don't have this effect on other people, they can go through the hollywoood mill relatively unscathed, especially as a "new actress," and just starting out. Roswell anyone?

Are any of the other costars of this beloved show treated to the same critical scrutinizing? I'm sure they've had a thing ot two against them, if you live in the Biz, its bound to happen. But people have been polarizing since then...

I loved the clip when she recsived her Emmy, and I thought it was great how she was so stunned. I knew instantly she was teasing her mother. Its dry wit. Its a sacastic artform, that is used as humor, but it is humorous,,, it just annoys people if they aren't used to it.

I know it well. Its the only humor i understand. I was laughing when she got that Emmy. I understood all too well.

I will say right AWAY I love Katie. Shes a great actress. I first found her on Roswell, and instantly gravitated to her character and persona, more than any of the others. Give her an emotional role, or comedy and she SHINES like the star she is. And comedy, her timing is impeccable...

I keep tabs on her personal life as I do, and I cannot say she disappoints usually.

When she turned down the Nomination I actually was thrilled for her that she has (gasp) something akin to integrity in this field.

And before we blast her for any of those comments, we really need to look at last seaon of Grey's IT WAS SHORT due to the writer strike. It was rather equivalent to the size season one was, and that was only 9 episodes.

They were building off a much larger story arc that had been previously laid down, they were trying to make any episode they got out work within those rules, and the whole show was a fledgling at that point. I am not impressed with last Season of Grey's, and no I don't hate the show nor have i quit watching it. I am looking forward to this year.

The show was losing its footing in some ways, and they need to get back to the intesity of the first seaon but toss aside the overtly soapiness of what it became. I think they are very aware of this fact too.

So here's Katie. She had minimal roles at best, no one episode was hers to really carry alone, they did not in the slightest portray her character in any good lighting, and so she declines the nomination.

Enter every Katie hater, how could she, she'd stuck up and ungrateful, shes not going to work in this town much longer and everything. When all she did was stated the obvious, that due to poorly constructed stroylines, (strike and abbreviated season) she did not feel that the part deserved the award. I'm thrilled they even thought to enter her name a second time.

I cheered. I was so thrilled to hear someone be REAL in the industry and to actually have "integrity".

And like the Entertainment Weekly person said in that article, Would they have rather she said, Oh yes i deserve this. Twice.

Then the Katie haters would be calling her stuck up and arrogant. And ungrateful, and ... ???? See a pattern????

Shes going to get the same flak, no matter what she does.

I don't know why they polarize, but some people draw that effect of others. There is something REAL going on or everyone would not be so opinionated over the matter. LOL

I've not yet seen 27 dresses, but i look forward to whenever I do.

I just don't get it. Baffles me. But i like her for her.

And another thing, words will forever be held against you in this era,,, can noone grow or change anymore? Can we not improve or redeem ourselves of past wrongs?

We would want that ablity, Why don't we leave our "stars" alone, let them be people and grow in their own lives, without eating them alive???

Rhonda
Mt Gazer/Velvet Skye
"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth". ~author unknown

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
"Too beautiful for earth."
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

Glad I was able to make you guys laugh! :D
Sometimes I think, "It must be nice to make that kind of money" and then I realize that it might not amount to much depending on what the cost of living in L.A. must be, esp. if you have to keep up a certain appearance and if you are wise enough to put a good amount aside--one never knows when the t.v. show will end or when a movie role will come along, ya know? Bills aren't selective--they come no matter what! :roll:
Yes, good articles. Thanks for sharing! :)
Did you guys know that Katie also has her own line of scrubs? I think it was mentioned somewhere on this thread at one point. Anyway, I was thinking about getting a pair as my current ones are getting kinda old. In any case, my point in mentioning it was that she also has this "clothing line" to fall back on and generate some income so good for her. :)
Well said, Rhonda. I agree. I don't always relate to her characters completely but I do relate to them and find her to be a good actress worthy of her successes. She tries hard and she seems genuine. I too am bewildered why she gets so much press while others do not. I think most of her co-stars are just as talented and I like most of them too. Like everything else it seems that if we want the truth we need to examine the facts from the right perspective and from the right sources. Those that have met her have nice things to say and I think we should value their opinons more than those of people who need to sell magazines to make their living. And welcome back, btw. We've missed you! :hugs:
Sarah
I want an Alien Blast! <3
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Mt Gazer, I wish I could give you a *High Five* right now because you gave an articulate, intelligent assessment and I wholeheartedly agree with your comments 100% :P :lol: I don't know why either, but I have found many to Polarize KH just like you mentioned and have gone as far to attack even her looks, which is totally mean and superficial but that's Hollywood :roll: I am just glad KH has taken the high road and just ignored all the hoopla behind her comments. BTW, see '27 Dresses' I have it on DVD and truly enjoyed the movie! Thanks again for your insightful commentary! Bravo!
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Leigh »

I don't wear rose colored glasses and I don't have KH on a pedestal. But I don't hate her either. I'm not a mean person. I merely have a decenting opinion. :roll:

I do think KH is a human being....... And everyone makes mistakes, but she creates chaos by the things she says. Hopefully, she'll learn more tact and hurt fewer people......maybe, maybe not. She certainly gets a lot of press for the things she says. :mrgreen:
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

http://movies.ign.com/articles/910/910411p1.html

a new movie for katie call drawn together
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flamehair
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Flamehair »

Happy Birthday Katie :D
big prince Leo Alsandair Aidyn Galahad Colin 12.08.2007
little prince Robin Faramir Gawain Diarmad Finlay 18.05.2009

little princess Eowyn Morgaine Nevialani Caitlin Valerie 15.05.2012
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

Happy B-DAY, Katie
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Happy 30th Birthday Katie! :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

http://news.sawf.org/Entertainment/54895.aspx

trailer to katie's new movie 'the ugly truth' w.gerard butler. it looks really funny :D
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~