Katherine Heigl (Isabel Evans) News

Come here to find out all the latest about your favorite actors...

Moderators: Anniepoo98, AvengingAngelIQ, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Re: Katherine Heigl (Isabel Evans) News

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

From People.com:

Katherine Heigl ‘Absolutely Staying’ on Grey’s Anatomy
July 16, 2008

Despite the rumors, Katherine Heigl will be scrubbing in next season on Grey’s Anatomy.

“She’s absolutely staying with the show,” ABC entertainment president Stephen McPherson said Wednesday at the Television Critics Association’s annual fall preview, putting to rest growing rumors of a fallout between the actress and the show.

In June, Heigl stunned millions of Grey’s fans, publicly snubbing the show’s writers by withdrawing her name from Emmy consideration, saying, “I did not feel that I was given the material this season to warrant an Emmy nomination.”

More recently, Internet buzz began to build that GA creator Shonda Rhimes was going to kill off her character Izzie with a life-threatening brain tumor.

But McPherson says contrary to the rumors, Heigl is returning–and getting a juicy storyline: “There’s an unbelievable storyline for her which is really central to everything that’s going to go on this season. We’re really excited about that.” –Madeleine Desmond, with reporting by Lisa Ingrassia

Direct Link> http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/07/16/ka ... s-anatomy/
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

More from People.com:

Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice, TV News

Shonda Rhimes: Not ‘Insulted’ By Katherine Heigl’s Emmy Comments
July 17, 2008

Katherine Heigl’s recent comments about taking herself out of consideration
for the Emmy race may have stunned fans, but Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes wasn’t fazed at all.

“I didn’t feel insulted,” Rhimes told reporters Thursday during an ABC TCA panel in Los Angeles. Still, she told reporters, “When I was told [what Heigl said] I found it surprising. I love and respect Katie as an actress. But she is outspoken.”

While Rhimes took it all in stride, others on the panel said they wouldn’t have reacted so benignly.

“I would have put her in a coma,” Ugly Betty creator Silvio Horta joked with reporters. (After Heigl’s comments hit the Internet, there were rumblings that her character Izzie would be killed off the show.)

But Rhimes backed up ABC entertainment president Stephen McPherson’s earlier comment that Heigl will be returning to the show next season –-and have a juicy story line to boot. “We have a great story,” she told reporters. “We’re all excited.”

So why did Heigl say what she said? Rhimes had no comment, but Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry offered up his theory: “She was drunk.” –Brian Orloff, with reporting by Liza Hamm and Lisa Ingrassia

Direct Link> http://tvwatch.people.com/2008/07/17/sh ... -comments/
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
behrluv32
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrluv32 »

picture time!!! it's old but new to me sooo...

here are katie and majandra in Feb. 07

http://www.mad-online.org/photos/albums ... /mad01.jpg
SAVE ROSWELL CAMPAIGN- Roswell General Discussion & News
My Stories:
Pen Pals
Never Let You Go
Our Normal
Reunited
I'm the Man: The Christening of W.Roswell High
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

Apparently, as part of Katie's juicy story line, the utterly scrumptios Jeffrey Dean Morgan will be returning to the first episode of next season. It may not be Katherine Heigl news exactly but any fans of Izzie, GA or KH will celebrate that I think.
Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Leigh »

FSU/MSW - 94 Thanks for the People article.
Katherine Heigl’s recent comments about taking herself out of consideration
for the Emmy race may have stunned fans, but Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes wasn’t fazed at all.

“I didn’t feel insulted,” Rhimes told reporters Thursday during an ABC TCA panel in Los Angeles. Still, she told reporters, “When I was told [what Heigl said] I found it surprising. I love and respect Katie as an actress. But she is outspoken.”
I thought Rhimes was really classy when dealing with this situation.....maybe Rhimes expects Katherine to do this.
You'll notice that she didn't say she loved or respected Katie as a person.

I would have put her in a coma,” Ugly Betty creator Silvio Horta joked with reporters. (After Heigl’s comments hit the Internet, there were rumblings that her character Izzie would be killed off the show.)
So why did Heigl say what she said? Rhimes had no comment, but Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry offered up his theory: “She was drunk.” –Brian Orloff, with reporting by Liza Hamm and Lisa Ingrassia
I laughed myself silly when I read the above responses.....I'm sure they were kidding :mrgreen:
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

I've heard some strange theories about what they'd do to Izzie this next season--including having her abducted by aliens or waking up as Isabel Evans! :lol:
I want an Alien Blast! <3
tequathisy
Addicted Roswellian

Post by tequathisy »

SarahWhitman wrote:I've heard some strange theories about what they'd do to Izzie this next season--including having her abducted by aliens or waking up as Isabel Evans! :lol:
that would be funny.

I read an article somewhere, can't remember where about how much money movie stars and tv stars are being paid. Katherine Heigl makes $13million a year on Grey's. Nice.
Banner by Evelyn
Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Leigh »

Sarah Whitman :lol:
I've heard some strange theories about what they'd do to Izzie this next season--including having her abducted by aliens or waking up as Isabel Evans!
Another good laugh.....the best yet :lol:

Since the begining, KH has always made it clear that she wanted to be a movie star.
Even in the Roswell days.
This all started, after the first year, when she wanted to break her Grey's contract for more money.
I don't understand why TPTB don't just let her out of her contract and give her what she wants.

Grey's would be fine without her and she can make more money in film. :mrgreen:
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
Aurorabee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aurorabee »

I really liked this editorial in Entertainment Weekly.

Katherine Heigl's 'Grey' Matter: What's the Problem?
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

tequathisy wrote:
SarahWhitman wrote:I've heard some strange theories about what they'd do to Izzie this next season--including having her abducted by aliens or waking up as Isabel Evans! :lol:
that would be funny.

I read an article somewhere, can't remember where about how much money movie stars and tv stars are being paid. Katherine Heigl makes $13million a year on Grey's. Nice.
Very nice payday indeed :D I've also read that since becoming more known with the success of 'Knocked Up' in the movie industry, she is being paid $6 million per movie also. She and her mother also started their own production company, which will give her the opportunity to produce and star in many projects also. I believe she's a busy lady and her dreams have come to fruition. :D
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11