Katherine Heigl (Isabel Evans) News

Come here to find out all the latest about your favorite actors...

Moderators: Anniepoo98, AvengingAngelIQ, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

Aurorabee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Katherine Heigl (Isabel Evans) News

Post by Aurorabee »

Katie was all old-school Hollywood glamour last night at the Oscars. She looked amazing and I thought her nerves were totally charming!

People

Wire Image
Natz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Natz »

To much make up.
FSU/MSW-94
Forum Moderator

Post by FSU/MSW-94 »

Aurorabee wrote:Katie was all old-school Hollywood glamour last night at the Oscars. She looked amazing and I thought her nerves were totally charming!

People

Wire Image
I agree, she looked stunning. She does old hollywood glamour quite well :) Her nervousness was sweet, I mean she probaly never imagined she'd ever rub elbows with the A-Listers who attend the Oscars. She must have been awestruck. 8)
La'Shon

Round 9 & Round 11
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

I agree, she probably never dreamed she'd be even sitting among the elite! I liked her dress, though. She does look good in red! :D
I want an Alien Blast! <3
Aurorabee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aurorabee »

I remember years ago when Julia Roberts was first presenting. She had on a terrible dress, was all slouching and barely making eye contact. What a difference a few years made! She grew into her stardom and became a confident and fun presenter.

Katie looked amazing (though Natz, I agree her makeup seemed heavy -- her cheeks were like extra bronzed or something -- but I loved the lipstick!), she carried herself well and her nerves came across as quite charming, IMO. She also looked every inch the movie star. She's only got a wee ways to go before she's as confident in front of the A listers as she is on Ellen or Letterman.
Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Leigh »

I loved her dress, but she would look much better in another color.
She models well, but her speech made her seem unprofessional.
She's supposed to be a good actress....Isen't she?
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
Aurorabee
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aurorabee »

Leigh wrote:I loved her dress, but she would look much better in another color.
She models well, but her speech made her seem unprofessional.
She's supposed to be a good actress....Isen't she?
Just goes to show the old saying "different strokes for different folks" is true. I loved the tomato color on her, thought it was fantastic with her hair and overall coloring.

Also, I think acting on a soundstage is significantly different from presenting at the biggest award show in front of movie stars you've admired your whole life. I think she'll grow into it, as Julia Roberts did (hence my example). A lot of actors are overwhelmed the first time they're at the Oscars. I generally find it endearing, because it shows how they're people too. I remember one show (not the Oscars) I watched a million years ago where Meryl Streep had to introduce Paul McCartney and she was completely tripping over her words, flustered beyond words. It was hilarious and totally charming. She nearly fainted dead away when he came out and kissed her. I love those types of moments.
Leigh
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Leigh »

In past seasons, some of the presenters were high or drunk and completely blew what they were supposed to do.
I'm not talking about that kind of unprofessionalism.

Some, after recieving the awards, freeze or are speechless....especially writers, screen play, costumers etc. That I completely understand, these persons aren't used to getting any attention.

I know Katherine will impove. I would like to see her act the way she did when she got the Emmy.
We all get lessons in life that improve us. I think this is one of hers.

It's only an opinion, after all.
Peace.
There are many ways to God!
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

I wonder how long it took Katie to get ready that day. I heard that one of the t.v. stations had some program that talked about things various stars do that day to get ready--I would've liked to have seen that. Does anyone have any ideas or know what I'm talking about? :lol:
I want an Alien Blast! <3
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

a whole day being surrounded by people who make sure you look your best ... that would be nice :lol:
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics