Colin Hanks (Alex Whitman) News

Come here to find out all the latest about your favorite actors...

Moderators: Anniepoo98, AvengingAngelIQ, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

The Great Buck Howard article

Post by SarahWhitman »

Another article for you guys to enjoy!

Aside from the occasional role as something like “male page” in “That Thing You Do!,” 29-year-old Colin Hanks has tried his best to launch a career completely independent of his double-Oscar dad. But after making a name for himself in movies like “King Kong,” the offspring of Tom recently decided that it was time for an on-camera family reunion.

“He worked two days on the movie - it was a bit of a trip,” Colin said of his father’s recently-filmed role in “The Great Buck Howard.” “[Tom] just really wanted to capture on film a father yelling at his son, so we’ve got that forever on film. Now, he never has to yell at me - he can just put the tape in and press play.”

The script behind the scream tells the “Prestige”-like story of a desperate illusionist (played by John Malkovich) whose career is bottoming out when a fresh-faced apprentice (Hanks) gives him the inspiration to pull some new tricks out of the proverbial hat. The duo’s partnership angers the young man’s father (the older Hanks), who wants his son to choose a more traditional career.

“I play an assistant to a D-level magician/mentalist called Buck Howard, who’s played by John,” Colin explained. “My dad plays my dad for two scenes.”

According to Hanks, “Howard” is very much Malkovich’s flick, and features the kind of quirky/drama mix that the actor perfected in films like…y’know, that jewel thief movie. “The guy’s good; you really want to step it up a notch and not mess up,” Hanks grinned. “Every time I’d screw up, I’d apologize profusely. I felt like I’d forgotten to make my bed.”

Speaking of keeping the peace with parental figures, Colin said that he had worked for years to get “Buck Howard” made, and when Tom offered his assistance there wasn’t much debate about them appearing on-screen together. “He produced it,” the younger Hanks said. “It was a script that I found probably five years ago, and brought it to him and his producing partner Gary Goetzman, and they actually really liked it and decided that they wanted to be involved. When you have someone like [my Dad], and he asks for a role, you can’t really say no.”

Here's the link if you want to see the really hot pic of Colin: http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/09/26/bu ... -of-hanks/
I want an Alien Blast! <3
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

not really Colin news

Post by SarahWhitman »

Ok this isn't really news about Colin but he's kinda quoted and the article itself is interesting so I'm gonna just post the link, that way it won't take up too much space for the good stuff ;)

http://media.www.dailytarheel.com/media ... 4581.shtml
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

here's the link to the official site for Colin's movie "Untraceable" where you can watch the trailer

Untraceable
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

THAT LOOKS AWESOME AND SO DOES HE :D
out of this world
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by out of this world »

I am definetly going to see this movie. What about the other movies? Like the one with Meg Ryan and the one with his dad? I have not heard much about them?

Carol
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

the one with Meg Ryan and Antonio Banderas should have come into theaters this summer but now, it will (hopefully) be out in 2008 - not sure if the trailer's still up at YouTube

the one with Colin's dad and John Malkovich ... same like above but there is no trailer yet
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

title change

Post by SarahWhitman »

Colin's movie, "House Bunny" has been changed to "I Know What Boys Like".
chanks_girl
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by chanks_girl »

HI, I found a recent picture of Colin. he was attending a NBA match. unfortunately it is not mention where it took place.

here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64815809@N00/526624155/
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

pic

Post by SarahWhitman »

Wow--he's so hot! Thanks for sharing! I needed a Colin fix---it's been a confusing day! :?
SW
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

bday

Post by SarahWhitman »

Just in case I don't get back here in time...

HAPPY HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY COLIN! WE LOVE YOU! YOU'LL ALWAYS BE "ALEX WHITMAN" TO US! GOD'S BLESSINGS TO YOU ON THIS MOMENTOUS BIRTHDAY,
A FAN FOREVER (AND STARGAZER!),
SarahWhitman :D

(p.s. For those who don't know, Colin's birthday is Saturday, November 24)