William Sadler (Sheriff Jim Valenti) News

Come here to find out all the latest about your favorite actors...

Moderators: Anniepoo98, AvengingAngelIQ, singerchic4, Forum Moderators

memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Re: William Sadler (Sheriff Jim Valenti) News

Post by memory_echo »

Check out this interview with William Sadler from Huffington Post:

When asked if he still speaks to anyone from his days on the science fiction show Roswell, he answered warmly.

"I do. The one that I speak to the most is Nick Wechsler [who played Sadler's son in the show]. I just talked to him, day before yesterday. We live on different coasts so I don't see him very much but when I'm in Los Angeles I make it a point to call him and we have dinner...David Nutter, who directed the pilot of it, I try to stay in touch with him. It's hard in this business... you're finished making a movie or a TV show and people scatter to the four winds... everybody goes on to other projects and other places and other casts and it's not easy to stay in touch...while we were shooting Roswell you would see them all day at work, then you would see them at night at this party or that party or you know, the Christmas parade or Covina or... but once the thing was over everybody blew to the four winds..."

Any Roswell fan knows the show ended abruptly. Being a huge Roswell fan myself, I had to slip in the inevitable question. Would he be up for doing a Roswell movie?

"Yes." He answered quickly. "Did I say that too fast? Yes."

"...I would love to... I had a lot of fun playing Sheriff Valenti. Jim Valenti. I had never done a TV show that lasted for three years before that, that length of time, and I enjoyed getting the script every week and seeing like the next chapter in the character's life. Sort of like reading a novel about your character..."
"... the whole first season I'm chasing the aliens...I'm their biggest problem. Then they save my son, then I spend the whole second season trying to save them. It ends up costing me my job. Then... I felt they developed Sheriff Valenti really nicely. You know, he had a girlfriend..."

You can read the full interview here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jill-knap ... 30881.html
∞ Max & Liz – The most sublime Love story ever told! ∞

Here's my latest fic, written for all devout Dreamers out there: Everloving.
Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

love it. that would be so great for a reunion
Helen of Roswell
Addicted Roswellian

Re: William Sadler (Sheriff Jim Valenti) News - Thanks Helen

Post by Helen of Roswell »

memory_echo wrote:Check out this interview with William Sadler from Huffington Post:

When asked if he still speaks to anyone from his days on the science fiction show Roswell, he answered warmly.

"I do. The one that I speak to the most is Nick Wechsler [who played Sadler's son in the show]. I just talked to him, day before yesterday. We live on different coasts so I don't see him very much but when I'm in Los Angeles I make it a point to call him and we have dinner...David Nutter, who directed the pilot of it, I try to stay in touch with him. It's hard in this business... you're finished making a movie or a TV show and people scatter to the four winds... everybody goes on to other projects and other places and other casts and it's not easy to stay in touch...while we were shooting Roswell you would see them all day at work, then you would see them at night at this party or that party or you know, the Christmas parade or Covina or... but once the thing was over everybody blew to the four winds..."

Any Roswell fan knows the show ended abruptly. Being a huge Roswell fan myself, I had to slip in the inevitable question. Would he be up for doing a Roswell movie?

"Yes." He answered quickly. "Did I say that too fast? Yes."

"...I would love to... I had a lot of fun playing Sheriff Valenti. Jim Valenti. I had never done a TV show that lasted for three years before that, that length of time, and I enjoyed getting the script every week and seeing like the next chapter in the character's life. Sort of like reading a novel about your character..."
"... the whole first season I'm chasing the aliens...I'm their biggest problem. Then they save my son, then I spend the whole second season trying to save them. It ends up costing me my job. Then... I felt they developed Sheriff Valenti really nicely. You know, he had a girlfriend..."

You can read the full interview here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jill-knap ... 30881.html

Thank you for this, Helena. It warmed my heart reading this. :D

Mr. Sadler seems like such a good man. I can see how he
and Mr. Wechsler would remain great friends - when one
good, solid person finds another good, solid person, you
make an effort to keep in touch, because people like
them are rare in their line of business.

I didn't realize Mr. Sadler was in Iron Man 3.

I haven't seen the previous two, but I'd be willing to
watch this one on DVD, just see his performance.

And I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to see him
as Sheriff Valenti again in a ROSWELL MOVIE!! :P :mrgreen:

Thanks for the article link, Helena!
ROUND 15: 13/04/12

THANK YOU for the Nominations and Votes, guys! :D Heart-Touched
memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it, Helen! :)

Natalie36
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Natalie36 »

:D
SarahWhitman
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by SarahWhitman »

Yep--I'm renting Iron Man 1 and 2 sometime this summer for that reason alone!
I want an Alien Blast! <3
ChemChic
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ChemChic »

Heads up! Our favorite Sheriff is going to be on NBC's new show Blacklist next Monday at 10/9 central! It appears he'll be playing Agent Liz Keane's father. I absolutely love this show (and I'm a HUGE James Spader fan...my love for him is second only to the Roswell cast :lol:) and now I'm SO excited for next week's episode!
"It's like...chemical" ~ Liz Parker
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

Thanks for all of the great news about our favorite Sheriff.
memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

Thanks for the info, ChemChic!

I just read something today about William Sadler and Nick Wechsler that made me smile.
They had dinner together recently and commented about it on Twitter. So, Emilie tweeted back to Bill and he said he would call her next time. Did anyone see that? I just thought it was so nice. Emilie wants a little Roswell reunion! :mrgreen:

You can read it here, it's Nov 6: https://twitter.com/Wm_Sadler
Last edited by memory_echo on Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ChemChic
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ChemChic »

memory_echo wrote:Thanks for the info, ChemChic!

I just read something today about William Sadler and Nick Wechsler that made me smile.
They had dinner together recently and commented about it on Twitter. So, Emily tweeted back to Bill and he said he would call her next time. Did anyone see that? I just thought it was so nice. Emily wants a little Roswell reunion! :mrgreen:

You can read it here, it's Nov 6: https://twitter.com/Wm_Sadler
I did see that! But I the EDR Twitter account is a fan page, not Emilie's :wink: But hopefully Emilie feels the same way!
"It's like...chemical" ~ Liz Parker