Who loves who more?? Max or Liz?? and why do you think so??

Love Max & Liz? Then the Dreamer place is where you want to be.

Moderators: jbangelo, Forum Moderators

Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

out of this world wrote:I understand that Max was devastated however when he kissed Tess the First Season Max told Liz to keep Faith in them however what happened to his Faith then. I mean he should have known that Liz was not that kind of girl and pursed the truth further.

Ok I guess what I am trying to say is that Max eventually went to Tess and Liz still stayed loyal to the fact that someday her and Max might be together.

It is just a tough decision all around

Carol:)
Good point. But we later found out about Max's pull towards Tess. And in EOTW, Liz had been trying every other way she could think of to break up with him. Seeing Liz and Kyle was the last straw for him.

Besides, that's a bit of incriminating evidence. :roll:

Just my POV.

Raych
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

out of this world wrote:I understand that Max was devastated however when he kissed Tess the First Season Max told Liz to keep Faith in them however what happened to his Faith then. I mean he should have known that Liz was not that kind of girl and pursed the truth further.

Ok I guess what I am trying to say is that Max eventually went to Tess and Liz still stayed loyal to the fact that someday her and Max might be together.

It is just a tough decision all around

Carol:)
The kiss with Tess was different. This was sex, not a simple kiss. And Liz didn't try to convince him otherwise like he did after the kiss. She even said it again and again and again, 'I slept with Kyle, it happened, we made love, etc.' And he did think 'she wouldn't do that' for a long time, until she finally convinced him. As for her staying faithful, again Max didn't know she had.

We're off topic, but this might make a good seperate discussion.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

Truthfully, I think neither did and I honestly loved Max and Liz.

I think Max loved Tess more and Liz was starting to fall for Sean which would have been better in the long run anyway. That was until Sean disappeared into thin air and never to be heard from again.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That's your opinion, and your completely within your right to have it, but you might wanna be careful around us dreamers. One of us might jump you :lol:
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Stars in my eyes
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Stars in my eyes »

I don't think neither one loved the other more. Max's world was Liz, and Liz would never love anyone as she loved Max. Liz said it best in ETOW
Don't you realize what you are to me...and you're always gonna be? You're the love of my life. Everyone else is gonna be second best. There'll never be another you.
and Max said it in Destiny
Liz, when I was in that room, and they did what they did to me. You're what kept me alive. The thought of you. The way your eyes look into mine. Your smile. The touch of your skin. Your lips. Knowing you has made me human. Whether I die tomorrow or fifty years from now, my destiny is the same: it's you. I want to be with you, Liz. I love you.
When Max thought they were really though he was devested, and he turned to Tess. When Liz found out that Max sleep with Tess, she turned to Sean. Max didn't love Tess, nor did Liz love Sean. They were substitutes for what they were missing. Something to feel the empty place inside of them, even if for a little while. I can understand Max's reason for turning to Tess just like I understand Liz's for Sean.

They both loved each other. They were young, and people make mistakes. They had alien destiny's, being chased by the special unit and evil alien enemies, and saving the world, all while continuing to go to school and act normal. It was hard and would take a toll on anyone.

Liz is not a saint, but neither is Max. They both fucked up at times. While one struggle to survive, one tried to forget. Did that make one more in love then the other? No, they both loved each other equally.
"If you make yourself happy, a little of that sunshine will spread onto others" - David Bowe
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

wow. a girl after my own heart.
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
Max&LizLuver6

Post by Max&LizLuver6 »

Stars in my eyes wrote:I don't think neither one loved the other more. Max's world was Liz, and Liz would never love anyone as she loved Max.

When Max thought they were really though he was devested, and he turned to Tess. When Liz found out that Max sleep with Tess, she turned to Sean. Max didn't love Tess, nor did Liz love Sean. They were substitutes for what they were missing. Something to feel the empty place inside of them, even if for a little while. I can understand Max's reason for turning to Tess just like I understand Liz's for Sean.
I truely couldn't agree more!! They loved each other with all their hearts and when they thought their relationship was over they tried to move on... unfortunately for them, it didn't work... they screwed their lives up... Max fucked it up both physically and mentally... while Liz fucked up only mentally, I mean she had to have been beating herself up inside wishing she hadn't pretended to sleep with kyle... and Max must have done the same wishing he hadn't had sex with Tess... but peope make mistakes... but technically their mistakes turned out for the better...
Jessibelle47
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Jessibelle47 »

Liz definetely, definetely loves Max more than he loves her. I know that Max thought that Liz slept with Kyle but if oyu truly love someone then you still have some hope that you will inevitably end up with the person that you love even if all hope seems to be lost. I mean, when exactly has there ever seemed to be just soooo much hope that Max and Liz would end up with each other. Yet, Liz never seemed to give up hope and Max just gave up and slept with TESS!!! OF ALL PEOPLE!!! WHY TESS!?!?!?
A drop in the ocean,
A change in the weather,
I was praying that you and me might end up together.
It's like wishing for rain as I stand in the desert,
But I'm holding you closer than most,
'Cause you are my heaven.

A Drop In The Ocean: Ron Pope
Max&LizLuver6

Post by Max&LizLuver6 »

I really don't think he gave up... I mean she kinda suduced him... The way I see it is she was there when he was crushed and she just suduced him... being there whenever he needed someone... I'm not saying you are wrong, that is just my opinion... and you know he also saw Liz with Sean and I'm sure that crushed him too... I dunno... this is a very hard question!
trulov
Addicted Roswellian

Post by trulov »

So I am finally able to answer my own question after pondering long and hard. My answer is this - I think Max loved Liz more. Don't get me wrong - as stated in many opinions (which I totally respect) both M/L loved each other sooo much and both would have died for the other if given the chance.
That being said - I still think max loved Liz more. I could sit here and list and weigh all the things they each did, and sacraficed for one another from the Pilot to Graduation, to show how much they loved each other, but I won't. Their feelings and actions are not how I came to my conclusion.

I think Max loved Liz more due to the fact that he simply fell apart without her. He became a selfish, rash person no one really wanted to be around (except Tess). He lost himself when he thought he had lost Liz. Without Max, Liz was not happy, but she was still Liz Parker. Without Liz the Max we all knew and loved disappeared showing he couldn't be the man he was meant to be without her.