Page 1 of 11
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:09 pm
Have an M&M challenge post it here.
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:00 pm
Does anyone have any ideas at all...lol.....I'd love to see what we can come up with...
Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:10 pm
I'm sure it's been done before, but I'd love to see a tag to Independence Day to explore the dynamic between Maria and Michael after Amy bails Michael out of jail. I was always disappointed that we didn't get to see another M/M scene in that eppy.
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:57 pm
Oh that's a good idea Jenny. I don't think I"ve read anything like that. And I agree I wish there was another scene to show what was happening between the two.
Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:30 pm
i toyed with this idea for a while but i already have a lot of my plate and i've never written a candy fic before but... here's one idea i had.
this would sort of be like the move 'The Notebook'. Like in the movie, M/M would have a very passionate and volatile relationship but they come from two different placese and her parents don't approve of him.
if you wanted to do this with aliens, maria could be a lady or ducheess or something like that and michael would be an everday guy who eventually serves in the army when antar goes to war.
they break up for a while and maria starts to move on because she thinks he doesn't care anymore but finds out later that he never stopped loving her.
then they would end up together.
the story could be told in flashbacks now that they're both old but it wouldn't be necessary, it could just take place while they're young.
Sounds bad or maybe???
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:49 am
that's a really good idea. I thinki I might try.
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:46 pm
Thats a really cute idea, I can totally see them in something like that.
Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:34 pm
LovinGuerin2much wrote:Thats a really cute idea, I can totally see them in something like that.
Aura Guerin, I hope you do try it
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:47 am
I have already posted this on the challenge thread, but i will post it here, too.
Title : The worst Genie of the universe !
Coupling : Group fic, CC (M/L, M/M, A/I, K/T), each couple deserving 25 % of the fic
Genre : AU without alien, comedy
Rating : whatever you want
Summary : based on the sitcom “I dream of Genie”
What if Michael, an architect, discovers a strange bottle and inside there is a genie? And that genie is Maria? But Genie-Maria isn’t a nice one because she was sold to the Chief of genies by her parents, a long time ago (centuries ago), against her will, and she hates being a Genie, and being bossed around.
So, she would deliberately screw up Michael's orders (no 3 wishes and boum, no more Genie, this genie is one for life), in order to piss Michael off. But it fails and Genie-Maria is stuck in San Francisco where Michael lives. In the same time, Genie-Maria discovers television and becomes addicted to soaps, sitcoms and shows like Sex and the City.
Michael loves to be a master and uses it to both drive Genie-Maria and the rest of the people insane, like making it rain little fake aliens in SF.
But Michael's biggest project would be to hook up his sisters, Isabel, Liz and Tess, so that they leave him alone. Since he is the only brother, and with no parents, his sisters love to take care of him, of his love life, of his food, his house, his clothes, his manners, and he is fed up with his sisters barging into his home and his life.
So, with his genie, he will find guys for his sisters :
* Liz is a bookseller and she has opened her own shop. Outside her siblings and her shop, she has no love life. Maria (who can become invisible thanks to her Genie abilities), follows Liz around to arrange “accidental meetings”, which surprises Liz a lot, because she never had that many dates before. Challenged by her siblings, she will go on dates with these guys, but all her dates end up being dates from hell : one guy is too emotionally attached to his mother, another collects dolls, another is gay and wants a girlfriend just to hide his sexual orientations to his family, things like that.
And to top it all, Max (picture him as Future Max, with long hair), who is Michael’s best friend, realizes that he is in love with Liz when he sees her on dates with other guys, and decides to deliberatly crash her other RV.
* Isabel is very much an ice queen, and is a lawyer. For Isabel, Maria will crash her car into Alex's car. Alex is a cool guy (picture Alex with a beard) who owns his own company, but is more interested in music. But not pleased with Isabel’s cold attitude towards Alex because she sees him as this hippie without a goal in life, Genie- Maria will make her act clumsy around him, as if she was in love with him, which disturbes Isabel a lot. Is she in love with Alex, to act like a lunatic around him ?
* Tess, who is teaching classic dance, is the baby of the family and Michael sees her as this pure, blonde angel. So he isn’t too pleased when he receives a phone call from his hysterical sister, swearing that she has lost her mind, because she has taken off her clothes in the middle of the street without remembering it, runned naked, and has been arrested for indecent exposure by Kyle Valenti (this was Maria’s plan, of course).
*Maria and Michael will bond over all these adventures, bickering like in the show, and it’s up to you how to make them fall in love with each other.
* Michael has to explain to his sisters why all these strange events happened to them, lately. And the 4 siblings will work together to free Genie-Maria, so that she can stay with Michael as a human.
* Must include scenes between various siblings showing their strong bonds.
Happy ending for all couples.
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:49 am
- I like your fic challenge and hope somebody writes it. "Independence Day" is one of my favourites eps and there aren't enough fics based on it in my opinion.
- Love, love, love that genie fic idea.
It would be great. I'm having visions of Maria wearing that little pink genie costume (Like in "I Dream Of Jeannie") and arguing with Michael as we speak.
- I've never seen "The Notebook", but it sounds like a great challenge. I hope someone writes it.