What movies make you think about Michael and Maria?

Michael and Maria fighting/making up do it for you? Then enter the M&M Zone.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

What movie reminds you more of Micahel and Maria?

The Notebook
71%
Far and Away
25%
The Wedding Date
4%

Total votes: 28

FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

What movies make you think about Michael and Maria?

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

Well, you get the idea. What movies characters remind you of the fighting/making up heat that our two favorite roswellians had?
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Aura Guerin
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aura Guerin »

The Notebook gets my vote all the way
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

The Notebook for sure...lol... I love that movie. :D
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

I think Far and Away is most like them. Tom Cruise & Nichole Kidman had the heat and intensity that Brenden and Majandra did. Unfortunately they also had the same ending. :cry:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

Isn't it odd that The Notebook is considered a good movie for both Dreamers and Candy? Because they are like the exact opposite of couples, yet the same movie somehow works for both. It is a good movie, and I also think it may work for Stargazers, too. (In the whole mindless devotion from Alex and Noah to the girls who quite frankly don't always deserve them.)
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

Speaking for myself I see The Notebook more of an Michael and Maria's realtionship more then Liz and Max and the reason I say that is because Noah calls Allly on her crap.. hes not always nice and hes not the most huggy sweety kissy kinda guy.. he can be super annoying but then redeem himself by doing something really really romantic like our Michael was know to do... i.e. learing to dance for Maria, getting her the singing gig in Viva Las Vegas... this line in particular makes me think of Michael and Maria...

Quotes from the Movie:
Young Noah: It's not about following your heart and it's not about keeping your promises. It's about security.

Young Allie: What's that supposed to mean?

Young Noah: [yelling] Money. He?s got a lot of money!

Young Allie: You smug bastard. I hate you for saying that.

Young Noah: You're bored Allie. You're bored and you know it. You wouldn't be here if you weren't.

Young Allie: You arrogant son of a bitch.

Young Noah: Would you just stay with me?

Young Allie: Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fightin'

Young Noah: Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.
See how hes kinda harsh with her but in the same hand she calls him names...lol.. very candy....thats just my opinon though... :wink:
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

I totally agree. The Notebook is more Candy than Dreamers/ :D
AngelicFairy
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by AngelicFairy »

Yeah, "The Notebook" is definitely more Candy than Dreamer, for some reason I can't really see Max & Liz arguing like that... ever. :)
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Yeah Liz and Max are sweet and non threatening.

While Maria are passionate and all up in each others face. Like Noah and Allie. Just my opinion though. Don't throw big rocks! :D
pLANETv33n3ss
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pLANETv33n3ss »

i totally agree that the notebook is a candy fic more than a dreamer,
max and liz have only ever really been the kinda couple to have completely irrational arguments in fanfiction.. not so much on the show
michael and maria however, have that hot/cold thing going where they can get into the most heated arguments over the most pathetic things...

another candy movie would have to be 10 things i hate about you, the movie based loosely on shakespeare's: the taming of the shrew.
as max and liz are compared 2 romeo and juliet, michael n maria can definately be compared to katerina and verona (i think his first name's jack?) in this movie