English thread 2

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Favourite Reality Show?

Dancing on Ice
20%
Strictly Come Dancing
20%
Big Brother
28%
Im a Celebrity, Get me out of here
16%
Fame Academy
No votes
X Factor
16%

Total votes: 25

DreamerM&L
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: English thread 2

Post by DreamerM&L »

WOW!!! your going across America!!!..I was planning to do that after i finish my University...Cant waoit..Ive planned it all so that I do stop at Roswell...I dunno who's gonna come with me cuz i would pretty much be all crazy and excited to go to Roswell...

Canada sounds good...i have only been to Toronto...and its really nice...im sure you will have an awesome time...

Yhanks...im gonna need all the luck i can get...Results day is soon :? and its gonna be hectic
Liz:Forever may only be twelve days...

Max:Then we'll take those twelve days...and we'll live twelve life times.

Robert Pattinson is My own personal brand of Heroin
Behrgirl21
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrgirl21 »

Yeah I can't wait for both holidays.

I'd love to go to Toronto, it looks great.

Ohh let me know how you get on with your results!! Good Luck!!
Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

Omg!! I've only just noticed this thread now!! :shock:
I'm a british roswelian too lol!! I'm 18 and also awaiting my results which is on the 14th of August which is tommorow..dreading it :? I've noticed the poll above and I barely watch any of those...except a little bit of X factor and ma sister and mum is obsessed with big brother (I can't stand it because it's always on the telly!).
I watch Roswell on E4 every weekend around eightish.
Toronto is amazing..I've been there and to America too. Mind you, everywhere you turn there's a coffee shop lol.
DreamerM&L
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerM&L »

Hey!!!...Yeah its true about Toronto..theres a tim hortons around every corner..lol...

Which college do you go to? I am dreading my results as well...I 'm really hoping to get into the uni of my choice because i have to go through clearing... :cry: what about you? what uni you going to? and course you doing? I m hoping to do Law with American studies where i get the oppurtunity to study abroad for one year..

Good Luck for tomorrow :D

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

Wow! Same as! Well I'm planning to go to Uni too, hopefully I'll get in (fingers crossed).I'm going to do Law as well, thought I'd stay here and finish my degree before I go to America. Which uni are you going to? I'm getting really scared about my results.

Good luck to you too!! :D :D
Heavenli24
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Heavenli24 »

Wow, look at all the activity on this thread! Last time I checked it there hadn't been a new post for months, lol.

Good luck to all your guys for your results - my brother gets his AS results tomorrow too (although he's currently in Malawi so one of his friends is picking them up for him) :).

All this talk of starting uni makes me want to go back in time and be 18 all over again :P ... here I am with two degrees and 6 months worth of a PhD and it's now that I decide on a career change :roll: !

Law sounds pretty cool - a few of my friends did Law degrees and enjoyed them a lot... although, quick warning - apparently you'll have to buy loads of books!

DreamerM&L - I did a degree with a year in North America (best year of my life ;)), so you need any advice about it, don't hesitate to ask - I'd be more than happy to help out :).

Same with Behrgirl21 - I've visited a fair bit of the US now (well, 20 states - was hoping to go to Hawaii this weekend to visit my best friend who's spending 4 months there, but I can't afford it :( ), so if you'd like any suggestions/advice on where to visit in certain places, just ask :) (I did Phoenix, San Diego, LA, New York and Vegas in the space of 3 weeks!).

Quick note - Roswell is okay, but it's not quite as interesting as it's portrayed on the show... most of the shops on main street are touristy and filled with alien stuff. The UFO museum is cool though and I'd recommend a trip to the Bottomless Lakes (I guess probably where the gang were supposed to be meeting in the show - when they were standing on that outcrop) and to White Sands as well (having said that though, I live in New Mexico and I've never been down there!) ;).

P.S. I am so jealous of the BBC Olympic coverage... I'm watching on NBC but they only show the US teams competing and the teams from other countries that are tipped to get medals... so not many Brits on TV at all! (which is really annoying because my brother knows some of the British gymasts and I want to see how they are doing).
DreamerM&L
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerM&L »

thanks Heavenli...the year abroad that i am gonna do hopefully is in New York which is quite exciting.
Ive been watching the Olympics for too long..i find myself watching all the events..like right now im watching the hockey great britain vs Netherlands...but im rooting for Spain...because they have done so well this year and i think they deserve it...but i think China are gonna do it this year..they already have 16 gold medals.

Hunter- I am hoping to get into KIngs College or a uni in the city so i can live out..you know get some experience...

What uni are you planning to go to?

Behrgirl21
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Behrgirl21 »

hi all!!

ohh more people!! YAY!!!

Heavenli24 I'll definately be asking you where are good places to go!!! :D Be warned lol

DreamerM&L how'd your results go?? Let me know.

Hey Hunter, how's it going!! Hope your results went ok!!
DreamerM&L
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by DreamerM&L »

hey behrgirl21 my results went really well...i got ABB and going to Brunel Uni to do law..should be interesting.....lol

ive got nearly all my things sorted except some small things... :D

Hunter
Forum Moderator

Post by Hunter »

Hey Behrgirl21!
I did pretty good with my results thanks for asking!! :D
Everything going okay..just getting sorted out for uni now. What about you? Do you go to uni? :D