Australian Roswellians #4 - Home of the Drop Bear

The place for non-Americans to talk about the show and everything else.

Moderators: Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

Man, if you think Ballarat's a nothing town you should have seen the town where I went to school.

Now that place was a hole. But I still went there for education. I actually boarded there for three years for some odd reason. Blame my parents, it was all their idea.

I'm studying primary education this year in Melb and I can't wait. I've already enrolled and everything and gotten into Res so I'm counting down till O week.

Anything to get me away from the old homestead. Love the place but it's twenty K's from the rat and I can't do anything.

See ya later,
Alison
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

Sorry to hear about your Mum Nikki, makes all my crap seem so insignificant!! I hope you're coping and if you ever want to talk to someone that knows nothing about you or your family, I'm free!!!!

Welcome Alison, I'm also in Melbourne, I live in Beaumaris and I'm 27...I'm addicted to travel, dvd's, music, tv and the internet...although my cable sucks right now (the power problems has fried the interchange). I work for a water company and am studying part time while working on the biggest mystery of all...what makes me happy??
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

lazza wrote:Sorry to hear about your Mum Nikki, makes all my crap seem so insignificant!! I hope you're coping and if you ever want to talk to someone that knows nothing about you or your family, I'm free!!!!
Thanks...I'm coping okay. Best as can be expected, anyhow. One of the few times I'm glad my family's so huge...
Since Polycystic Kidney Disorder is largely hereditary, I've made a point of seting up an appointment with my doctor to get checked out.
While you're back...Sorry if I came across a bit bitchy to you in my first post for the year...I didn't mean for it to come out like that.

What makes you happy....? Is the answer there chocolate? There is no problem that cannot be solved by chocolate... :P

Alison...if it's anything like some of the places I've visited passing by on school camps...I'm very afraid for you. There is a town called Eliot in NT that we stayed overnight once...it was a hole, and that's the nicest thing we could find to say about it.
Home town like that?

Parents, what can you do?

Primary education, that's great! You must like kids...I'd say you're not far off one yourself, but half the people here could say the same about me.

It's funny...my Ballarat friend is studying to be a teacher...primary too, I think.
O-Week is a blast. I stayed at the Vic Uni Student Village in Maribyrnong for a while a couple of years ago and it was the most fun ever! ...And I didn't even drink...Hope yours do a mad scav hunt like mine...it's great!

Anyways, gotta run
Nicki
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Oh lordy. I'm surrounded by babies. I'm soo not going to mention my age. Just say that I remember pre-decimal currency and man landing on the moon.

But I don't remember the last time my football team (Yay Cats - sorry Craig) won a premiership.

Yes, I live in Catland, only one hour by train from Krispy KRemes. I had an interesting phone call at work yesterday. One of the partners was in Melb on business, and phoned me for the address to the City KK's so he could buy some.

BUT news on the Jason Behr front, for those of you who are interested. His movie Shooting LIvien comes out on DVD on Monday here in Australia. According to my contact within the movie's production house, there will be the following press:

Rebecca Cook Interviews
Groove magazine - Feb 25th
Filmink – Feb 15
Pulp – March

Film Reviews
Woman's Day – early Feb
Famous - early Feb
Scoop - March
Urban Cinefile – Feb 8th
IF - March
Drum Media - Mid Feb

Sarah Wynter Interviews
Filmink – Feb 15
Who – Feb 3rd

I've seen the movie, it's on my DVD shelf, so I can thoroughly recommend it. It is however quite a dark story. Very unlike Max Evans.

ladylou
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Nicki, honey did you see the front cover of this morning's Melbourne Herald Sun? I nearly broke out in a cold sweat in the middle of Coles.

big hugs for you (and hopes you will get some answers now)

ladylou
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Thanks...I didn't see it actually, not really. Caught a glimpse of the headline, but didn't realsie what it was about then. Dad called me to tell me about it. Kinda scary it's front page news.

Is funny, actually. I worked the Sat overnight this weekend and I normally buy the paper so I've got something to read while I'm waiting for the train. The one week I don't....

Reckon I would've gone into shock if I had seen it with no warning. By the time I got to speak with Dad, it was too late to pick up a copy of my own, but he's got it, and I can ask around tomorrow for one of my own...

Read the article online...that family said they would like to meet the others affected....I've been thinking about it. Don't know...what do you guys think?

Answers would be nice...I knew there was going to be an inquiry, and now there's publicity, answers might come faster.

Forgot to mention my last post...I was in Geelong two weeks ago (Mon 22) for a training thing for work. Best thing 'bout it was the free pizza...

When *did* Geelong last win the premiership? :)

Hm. Shooting Livien comes out tomorrow, huh? (Well, really a few hours from now. It's after 3am...) I've heard some decent reviews for it, so I'll have to rent it out sometime this week.

Have to go. Been awake way too long and I have stuff to do today...

Nicki
*Not* a baby.... :P

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
lazza
Enthusiastic Roswellian
Location: In the special place where all is right in the world of Roswell...aka Australia

Post by lazza »

I just found a Borders voucher I got from someone for Christmas, so I might head to Chaddie and pick up the movie!!

Hope everyone is doing well...oh shucks Supernatural is about to start...I'll return with more random thoughts another time :wink:
ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Nikki Do you think that meeting the other families would help you? My personal opinion is that it may, and could certainly do no harm, as there is that whole 'strength in numbers' thing.

I have the newspaper article if you want it. Just email me your address and I'll post it up to you.

Geelong last won the premiership in 1963. Bobby Davis has been skiting for far to long about being in the world's most exclusive club: "Living Premiership Coaches of Geelong" (he's the only former premiership coach of Geelong still alive LOL).

You were here a couple of weeks ago? Where exactly? What did you think of our fair town?

Take it from one who knows, Shooting Livien is a brilliant movie. Very dark and traumatic, with the most haunting music in it. My penfriend saw it at its US Cinema release, and subsequently bought me a copy when it was released to DVD over there. It's hard watching, but great.

ladylou
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

I don't know whether or not it will help....definitely wouldn't help if I got dragged into the media circus! Still thinking about it. I guess if I decided 'yes', I'd contact the paper and figure out where to go from there.
Don't worry about the article- my dad got the paper and he'll give it to me next time I see him.

1963? That's... *ages*. My parents were born around that time. ('61 for my dad, '62 Mum) ... Now, I'm not a footy fan, but I think it's about time Cats won...maybe you'll get lucky this year.
Then Davis will have to let in a few more people to his 'exclusive' club. :lol:

It was near our head office...um...North Geelong, I think. Didn't do the driving and I can't get a decent fix on maps. It was near a Hungry Jacks and Subway. Main road of some description.
Didn't see much, but it looks quiet. Really quiet. Ghost town, in fact.
Ok, slight exaggeration. But seems alright anyhow. Potential to get bored, so far from Melb CBD... 's not as if I can drive...

Well, think I got a couple of bucks spare...if I get my room all cleaned up, as a little reward for myself, I'll go to the video shop...hopefully they'll have it.

Nicki

ladylou
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ladylou »

Well, after much trauma, I'm back. I got shut out of Fanatics during the last system wide backup and couldn't get back in. I eventually had to get a new password.

Nikki - out in North Geelong were you? Somewhere near (using fake french accent here) Target? That would put you opposite the abandoned golf course. And right in an old industrial area. DEfinitely going to be quiet and boring there. You were nowhere near the beating heart of Geelong.

ladylou