Matches Made... (Adult/CC/UC/AU) *OC's welcome* RECASTING!!

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~Michael~

I drag my portfolio out of the cab and hand the driver my money that included a dollar tip. “Hey! What’s up with the tip, cheapskate?” he asks gruffly.

I shrug. “First of all, I told you I was in a hurry and second, I’m a struggling artist. That’s all I had,” I lie smoothly. “I’ll catch ya next time around.”

He mutters something under his breath and pulls away from the curb. I smirk in his direction and turn to climb the stairs to the house. I take a deep breath, trying to steel my nerves for the tongue lashing I knew was coming. Is it my fault cabbies can’t get you anywhere on time?

I close the door quietly behind me, hoping that I’ll be able to sneak in and get a couple of minutes of peace in my home before the sh…um stuff hits the fan. I hang up my jacket in the hall closet and remove my shoes, not so much because of the rule about not wearing shoes in the house as much as to try and walk up to my room without Isabel hearing me.
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

OOC-waiting for a Liz post
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian
Location: In my happy place, entertaining myself with shiny objects.

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

~Liz~

"Why didn't you tell me you were arriving today?I would have picked you up from the airport."

"I know you would've but," I roll my eyes and hold up my dead phone, "You know that wonderful thing they call technology? Yeah, it doesn't always work." God it feels so good to be home! "And you," I grin, turning to face Maria, "I always knew you'd get that limo!"

My eyes wander around our childhood hang out and I shake my head in amazement, "Can you believe we all got what we wanted? I mean, we've got Fiona Apple over here," I say, nodding at Maria, "And of course, Bill Gates." I tell Alex with a wink. "And I'm..." I pause dramatically for effect, smirking when Maria's face loses whatever patience it had, "offically a molecular biologist! I got a job here in town!"

I can tell their thrilled for me. Friendships like ours are one of a kind...I don't know what I'd do without them. "Also, my roomate scheduled me an appointment at that dating service, Matches Made In Heaven? And if I've gotta suffer, then you guys are coming too." I tell them quickly, hoping to throw them off track and smiling sweetly.

Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom,
Man made up a story, said that I should believe him.
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight,
But I don’t want the next best thing.
So I sing, I hold my head down, and I break these walls ’round me.
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love.
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Alex

"Also, my roomate scheduled me an appointment at that dating service, Matches Made In Heaven? And if I've gotta suffer, then you guys are coming too." Liz says smiling sweetly at us

"Oh no...oh this has got to be some sick joke you two decided upon before you got here." I say edging away from them shaking my head slightly

"Maria just got me to agree to go on at least one blind date,after I might add,some very affective emotional blackmailing."

"And now you" I point my index finger at Liz "you come in here,talking about a dating service.This cannot be a coincidence."
KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

OOC-Waiting for a 'Liz' post.
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Liz~

"Oh no...oh this has got to be some sick joke you two decided upon before you got here. Maria just got me to agree to go on at least one blind date,after I might add, some very affective emotional blackmailing. And now you, you come in here,talking about a dating service.This cannot be a coincidence."

Poor Alex. "Sorry my friend, it's no joke. I had no idea you guys were signed up." At least I didn't have to try and convince them, Maria always was better at blackmail than me. "Great minds think alike, huh Maria?" I smile brightly at Alex, "Besides, you already agreed so you can't back out now. It'll be fun. We can watch chick-flicks and compare notes on our god awful dates."

KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Alex

I stand there between my two best girls,arms crossed in front of my chest,looking from one to the other while they had the most innocent of looks on their faces but I could see that they were dying to laugh.They kept dragging me in to these hairbrained schemes of theirs even in school.
"Great minds think alike,huh Maria." Liz says to her partner in crime
Yeah right...great minds!

I roll my eyes in exasperation,"Besides, you already agreed so you can't back out now. It'll be fun. We can watch chick-flicks and compare notes on our god awful dates." Liz continues trying to win me around
"If I have learnt anyhting from hanging out with you two all these years it's one thing...you both always get the hot guys.In all likelihood I'll be the one regaling you with incidents from my 'god awful dates'.I will not get anything out of this stupid plan other than providing you both with a good few laughs."

I turn away from them to retrieve my jacket from the bar stool,where I had draped it earlier."I think I better make a quick exit before I am dragged in to another crazy plan,kicking and screaming.I swear you two are always taking advantage of my sweet and kind nature.It's almost like every time we are togeher I am de-masculined...is that even a word?" I pretend to look hurt and vulnerable hoping for some sympathy
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

Liz~

"I think I better make a quick exit before I am dragged in to another crazy plan,kicking and screaming.I swear you two are always taking advantage of my sweet and kind nature.It's almost like every time we are togeher I am de-masculined...is that even a word?"

I chew my lip thoughtfully, "Nope, don't think so." I notice the puppy-dog face and grin, unable to resist.

"Oh, Maria look," I coo, trying my damndest not to crack up, "Alex is doing the thing where he pretends to look hurt so we'll take pity on him and do things his way. Sorry hon, it didn't work in high-school and it's not gonna work now." Maria cracks up, knowing I've so obviously got him pegged, and I decide to do damage control on his fragile male ego, "Relax, hon. You are a grade-A beefcake, a studmuffin extraordinare, the sexiest damn thing to ever grace God's green earth."

God I've missed this. Stupid little random moments where Connie, Maria and I gang up on Alex. I know her death was hard on him. Lord knows it was hard on Maria and I, but somewhere out there is someone who I know could make him really happy. Alex is looking at me like I've completely lost it and I get to my point, "The whole point of this dating service is to find you your perfect match. Hence the name, 'Matches Made In Heaven'. C'mon Ria, back me up. Tell our little sexy beast that he'll have a good time."

KarenEvans
Roswell Fanatic

Post by KarenEvans »

Cool post Sarah :lol:
Zanssoulmate08
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Zanssoulmate08 »

KarenEvans wrote:Cool post Sarah :lol:
Thanks! :D