Symbiotic Relationship (CC/AU, ADULT) *Starting*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~MAX~~~~
I smile at her gently as I show her through the glass panel doors out into the garden. I lead her round the big garden for a moment before finally finding my place on the earth... my bench. I sit down, indicating for her to join me, planning on going down on one knee when shes comfortable.
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~LIZ~

I look around the garden and smile. Someone has a green thumb. Everything is so beautiful. There are a lot of my favorite plants and others that I don't recognize. Before I can examine them closely, Max leads me to a bench and gestures for me to sit down with him. I happily oblige, curious as to what he wants to say. I really need to remember to call Maria again soon. I don't want her to worry about me.

"The garden is beautiful," I tell him. "I hope you'll allow me to come back sometime and study some of the plants."
Just call me Phoenix...cause I'm back from the dead!
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~MAX~~~~~
I can't help but smile. "I'm glad to hear you say that... the gardens are my special place, but I would love to share that with you... I'd love to share everything with you if... if you'd like..."

I swallow and go down on one knee, "Liz, you don't have to answer right away... I understand if you need more time to think about it but... I knew the instant I picked up your form you were the one I wanted to do this with... so...."

I get out a black box from my pocket and open it to her, showing the sparkling ring to her. "Will you marry me Liz?"
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~LIZ~

I can't breathe. I feel like everything is in slow motion and I can't seem to process exactly what's happening. My mouth opens and closes a couple of times but nothing comes out. I stare at the ring in the box. It's stunning...and exactly what I would have picked out if I had all the rings in the world to choose from. Is this a sign of some kind? I look into Max's eyes and his words finally penetrate the fog that has wrapped around my brain. "Max," I whisper. "I...I don't know what to say." That's the truth. My heart is pounding and my palms are sweating and my heart and soul is crying out for me to shout yes...but the logical part of my brain is telling me that I should take some time to think about this and also reminds me that I technically have a boyfriend right now.

Swallowing and taking a deep breath, I hold Max's eyes and say, "Max, today has been really great and I admit that I'm really drawn to you in ways I can't explain...but I think I need a day or so to think this through." I give him a hopeful look. "Can you understand? I'm not saying no, I just think I should take a day or two to really think about it all...what marrying you would mean for me, for you and for everyone else in the world." I bite my lip, hoping he'll understand when I'm not sure I entirely do.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~MAX~~~~~
I stand up slowly giving her a smile. "Yes, yes of course... I quite understand." I tell her. I sit down beside her leaving a reasonable amount of space between us. "I didn't expect an answer... I just... wanted you to know that your the only one I'm interested in doing this with."

I swallow as I look down at the box in my hands. I still wish she had said yes though. I close the box slowly. "I'll just hang on to this..." I murmur as I put it in my pocket. If in the end she does say no however, I certainly won't be giving it to anyone else. Nor will I be selling it. I picked it because I thought it was the one right for Liz after seeing her picture on the file. I knew I would want her to be the one. It wouldn't be right even if she decides she doesnt want to do this to do anything with it except for me to look at it.
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~LIZ~

I am surprised at the disappointment I feel when he puts the ring away. I feel my left ring finger twitching as if it were sighing at the loss of the beautiful ring. I know I'm being a little riduculous but I can't help it. I take a deep breath and stand up. "I should probably go. I need to find Maria and I have a lot to do around my condo tonight." I blush and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear as I ask, "So um, would you mind calling a cab? Oh, and how do I get in touch with you? If...If you want me to get in touch with you that is." Boy, for someone who is considered one of the finest doctors in oncology I really sound like a total idiot today!
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~MAX~~~~~
"Oh..."
I quickly pull out a card from my pocket. "Here...thats my direct number... I'll always answer it so... I'm at your disposal...whenever you wanna... um...talk."

I smile at her. "And a cab? I don't think so... I'll get one of my drivers to drive you home." I say standing up. "Least I can do."
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

Occ: I hope this is ok, Mel. I just thought we could move this along a bit.

~LIZ~

I smile at him and tuck the card in my pocket. "Thank you, Max, that's very nice of you." We start to walk back into the house and he asks one of the servants to have a car brought around. We continue to walk through the house to the front entrance, throwing shy glances and smiles at each other. My feet start to feel heavier the closer we get to the front door. I don't want this meeting to end. I feel like I'd be leaving a part of myself here...which is of course crazy.

As soon as the driver pulls the limo around in front of us, he hops out and opens the door for me. I turn to Max and twist the strap to my purse in my hands nervously. How are we supposed to say goodbye? I mean do I kiss him or shake his hand or what? I just met him today but then he did propose to me as well. I have the sudden urge to giggle at the situation.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~MAX~~~~~
She's clearly nervous about how to end this... As a King I should know how to handle these matters but... as an alien on a foreign world who just asked this girl to marry him... I don't.

I lean in and kiss her cheek gently. It seems midway between a real kiss and a handcheek. "It was a pleasure Miss Parker.... I really hope this isn't the last we'll see of each other." I swallow hard before adding, "And um... if you.... if you make up your mind... whichever way... feel free to call me or come here or....something. Whatever your decision I want you to be happy with it, and I mean that Liz. Whatever it is."
littleroswell
Roswell Fanatic

Post by littleroswell »

~LIZ~

I nod, unable to speak at the emotions and fog in my brain at the moment. I climb into the limo and let the driver close the door. For some reason, my throat gets a big lump in it and my vision blurs. Why am I crying? Just as the car starts to pull away and my eyes are still glued to Max's, I hear myself shout to the driver, "STOP! Stop the car!"

The car jerks to an abrupt stop and I jump out of the car and run back to Max. Throwing my arms around him, I'm not really sure of what I'm doing but I kiss him on the lips surprising us both. "Yes!" I tell him. When he looks a little bewildered, I add, "I don't want to think about it. I'll marry you, Max Evans. Because I know it sounds crazy and we just met but this feels like the right thing to do and it feels more right than anything else in my life ever has." Ok, I know I'm starting to babble but my mind is catching up with what the rest of me is doing and I'm starting to get nervous.