Rise of The Phoenix [MATURE-AU-CC]

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Rise of The Phoenix [MATURE-AU-CC]

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Under NO circumstances can anyone under the age of 17 read or participate in this RPG. NO if's, and's or buts...

Title: Rise of The Phoenix
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or anything to do with Roswell. The idea of this story is loosely based on the show Firefly.
Genre: AU
Rating: Mature.
Author’s notes: A huge thank you to Bre and Nadine who both listened to me ramble about this role-play for ages. And lots of love to Bre for making me the character banners. *kisses*

A prophesy was written that a great war would start between Antar and Janos and that peace would only be restored when the chosen one was found. She who bears the birthmark that is shaped like a phoenix rising from the ashes is the chosen one. Only she has the power to reunited the planets.

The year is 8616 and a prophesy has began to be fulfilled. The war that has raged between Antar and Janos for over a hundred years has finally come to an end and the chosen one has been found. And kidnapped!

Captain Max Evans couldn’t careless about the chosen one, all he cares about is his ship and crew. Now that the war is over, they are struggling to make ends meet. The crew of the Phoenix are having to take most jobs (legal or otherwise) just to survive. They are a group of misfits from all over the universe.

The crew is made up of Isabel Evans, Max’s sister and second in command. Michael Guerin, Max’s best friend and other second in command. Alex Whitman, the ship’s doctor. The siblings, Aphrodite and Byron. And last but not least, Kira, the seer and Max‘s lover.

While on the planet Janos, Max agrees to take three women aboard for a ridiculous fee. The women in question are called Liz, Maria and Tess. They don’t give their last names. The only detail they mention is that they are sisters. Had Max investigated into his passengers pasts, he would have discovered that they aren’t sisters at all. Tess is, in fact, the chosen one and Maria and Liz are her protectors.

Tess is on the run. She doesn’t want to be the chosen one. She doesn’t want the responsibility. Liz and a reluctant Maria agreed to help Tess escape and that is how they find themselves on The Phoenix.

The Crew of The Phoenix

Captain Max Evans
Michael Guerin, Second in Command
Isabel Evans, Second in Command
Dr. Alex Whitman
Kira, the Seer
Aphrodite, mechanic
Byron, pilot

The Passengers

Liz, protector
Maria, protector
Tess, chosen one

Pairings

Max/Liz
Michael/Maria
Alex/Isabel
Byron/Tess
Aphrodite/???
Kira/???

Profiles

Name: Captain Max Evans
Planet: Antar
Bio: Max won his ship in a game of cards, which suited him just fine. For six years, he has been roaming the universe. He is an outlaw on his planet because he refused to join the army. He doesn’t believe in killing innocent people just because his government told him so. He also doesn’t believe in fighting other people’s wars. His crew are his family and he believes that he is in love with Kira. There is something about the seer that makes him want to protect her.

Name: Isabel Evans
Planet: Antar
Bio: When Max left Antar, Isabel followed. She left behind her life of luxury for the not so comfortable life of The Phoenix. She was quick to settle into her new life and proved herself on a numerous occasions. Max made her his second in command because she balances out Michael. Isabel loves her life but she feels that there is something missing.

Name: Michael Guerin
Planet: Urantu
Bio: Michael is Stubborn, quick tempered, sarcastic and impatient. And those are his good points. He enjoys his life on The Phoenix because he loves the danger. He is always taken stupid risks that drive the other crew members crazy. Michael spent most of his childhood on Urantu but was sent to Antar to attend school. This is where he met Max and the two soon became friends. Deciding that there was nothing left for him on Urantu, Michael joined Max’s crew.

Name: Kira
Planet: Unknown
Bio: Not much is known about Kira. Max found her being held prisoner on Janos and rescued her. She was in poor shape and had it not been for Max she would have died. Since recovering her health, Kira has been using her gifts to help The Phoenix’s crew. She is also Max’s lover and although Max believes different, she knows that it isn’t a love match between them.

Name: Dr. Alex Whitman
Planet: Janos
Bio: Alex is the newest member to the crew. Before he joined them, he was working as an army doctor. Once the war had finished, Alex wasn’t sure if he wanted to be a doctor. What he had seen during his years in the army had left him scarred but when he was offered the job on The Phoenix he accepted. He likes the crew and the way that they are a family. A family is something that has always been missing from Alex’s life. He finds himself drawn to Isabel but hasn’t done anything about it because he doesn’t think that a girl like Isabel would find anything interesting about a ship’s doctor.

Name: Aphrodite
Planet: Abydos
Bio: Aphrodite is the youngest member of the crew and finds it ever so annoying when she is babied by the other members, especially her brother. She is the ship’s mechanic, a trade that she picked up from her late father. She loves being able to fix things. She loves The Phoenix as if it was a person and she would die to protect every single member of the crew.

Name: Byron
Planet: Abydos
Bio: Byron is the pilot of The Phoenix and has been a part of the crew since the beginning. He is a complete smartass and loves getting under Max and Michael’s skins. He is overprotective of his little sister, Aphrodite, even though he knows that she can take care of herself. When the ‘sisters’ arrive, Byron makes a bet with Michael that he will be able to sleep with at least two of them.

Name: Liz
Planet: Janos
Bio: When Liz was sixteen, her village was butchered by the Antarian army. Before her family were killed, Liz was a lighthearted, easy going girl. Now, she is a killer. Her reputation has spread throughout the universe. This is why she is assigned to be one of Tess’s protector. She hates all things Antarian and take an instant dislike to Captain Evans.

Name: Tess
Planet: Lamia
Bio: Tess was a simple girl from Lamia before it was discovered that she was the chosen one. She had never realized how much trouble a small birthmark could get you into. At first, the idea of being the chosen one was exciting but it soon became too much for Tess and she begged her guards to help her escape. She doesn’t believe that she is the chosen one.

Name: Maria
Planet: Lamia
Bio: Maria is the opposite from Liz. Spunky, energetic and humorous. The only thing the women have in common is their fighting skills. If someone gets on the wrong side of Maria then they better beware. The only reason, she agreed to be one of the chosen one’s protector is because the pay was excellent and she knew that male guards would probably have trouble keeping the chosen one pure. She is somewhat reluctant to help with Tess’s escape but agrees in the end when she see how Tess is being treated.

The Cast

Alex - Bre
Aphrodite - alizaleven
Byron - alizaleven
Isabel - FaithfulAngel24
Kira - Ruby
Liz - Lizzie_Parker17
Maria - Bre
Max - OnDragonflyWings
Michael - OnDragonflyWings
Tess - Ruby

I haven't gone into too much details in the profiles so if you want to add something just say. :)

Rules
  • Please do not take a character unless you are willing to post.
  • Please post at least two paragraphs for your character.
  • Please reread your post before you post it, checking for typos and spelling mistakes. If your post is riddled with mistakes, I will ask you to correct them!
  • Have fun!
Last edited by ~Ruby~ on Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Can I have Byron?
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Yes! Thanks for joining. :)
Lizzie_Parker17
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Lizzie_Parker17 »

Liz please?!
britt

"Check it out! The watchers back on clock. And just when you were thinking career change. Maybe becoming a "looker" or a "seer"
Classic line from Xander
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Yes to both of you. Welcome aboard. :)
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

May I have Isabel? :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Yes! Thanks for joining.
baby_bre
Addicted Roswellian

Post by baby_bre »

I can't wait for this roleplay to begin!
~Ruby~
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by ~Ruby~ »

Nor can I! :D All we need now is Max and Michael. I might temp Michael. Is anyone willing to temp for Max so that we can get started?
Dying_Hearts
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Dying_Hearts »

I'm willing to give Max a go, if that helps. I've not RP'd in a while, is that a problem?
<center>Image
Underneath it All

</center>