Can You Keep a Secret? (AU/CC-ish XO mature CASTING)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

“Alex? Why would he be with me?” she asks, batting her eyes. I've never seen anyone actually do that. It looks so phoney. Six months ago, I would immediately assume that she was lying but right now, I'm not completely sure. She says, “I haven’t seen Alex since right after Prom I think.”

I pinch my lips together as my hopes fade. As much as I couldn't imagine what Tess and Alex might have in common, I was really hoping that seeing her safe would mean that he was, too. I want to look to Michael to see his reaction to Tess's words but I stay focused on Tess. I pretty sure I don't want to see the look in Liz's eyes right now. She and Maria and Isabel have been hit very hard by this and it doesn't help that every time I look at her, my emotions are hard to control. I can't see her without thinking of her with Kyle -- but I think part of me will always love her.

"I don't know why he'd be with you, but he disappeared the same time you did. We didn't know what happened to either one of you," I explain. Alex is still un-accounted for and there's a burnt body in the morgue. The others don't know about that yet unless Kyle told them. They need to know. I'd like to suggest we all meet on Liz's balcony but Liz, Maria and Michael are working so that won't be possible.

"I know I barged in the middle here. I didn't hear what you said before. Where have you been?" I ask. I didn't hear her but I certainly did see her hugging Kyle. I'm thinking that's probably a good thing but I'm not completely sure.
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

we need a bones post! :D

Michael

Maria drags her feet as she comes behind the counter, a look on her face reminiscent of a three year old that wants candy but can't have it because it's dinner time. “Michael I want to see if she knows where Alex is.” she says matter-of-factly, pouting.

"Listen, Maria. Let Max deal with it, and just stay back here with me," I say quietly, pulling her close so I can rub my hands up her arms comfortingly.

"... so I just bolted without a second thought. It never occurred to me that you might worry. I’m sorry,” I hear from out front, and then I hear Max's voice. "Worry? Of course we worried! "Was Alex with you?" he asks, and I can feel Maria start, as if she wants to burst out and grab Tess by her hair.

I move us to the door, so we can see, and everyone else can see that we're listening, but stay a safe distance away. Safe for Tess anyways...

“Alex? Why would he be with me?” she says, batting her eyelashes, and I grip Maria's shoulders, holding her back.

"Relax," I whisper in hear ear, watching everything play out in front of me.
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

Kyle

A sense of relief rushes over me as I watch Tess turn in my direction. I watch a hint of excitement captured in her dazeling blue eyes as she quickly moves forward, wrapping her arms around me. I am conflicted as whether to be angry or relieved. Her warmth calms me and a realization hits me. My feelings for her run deeper than I have anticipated.

“Kyle.” She states as her embrace lingers. It’s crazy how my brotherly feelings for her have slowly began to develop into more of a romantic sentiment and how her presence causes a flutter in my gut that has never been there before. I wrap my arms around her, reassuring her that I am relieved to have her back safe.

She lifts her head up to meet my eyes and with a heartfelt gaze she adds, “I shouldn’t have just took off like that. Some of Nacedo’s old friends called and had an emergency they needed me right away. I’m not used to having to answer to anyone so I just bolted without a second thought. It never occurred to me that you might worry. I’m sorry.” She smiles at me and I smile back. I am happy she is home.

I hear Maria’s sarcasm, “I think I might actually shed a tear……or not.” My instinct to protect Tess kicks in. I turn to Maria, slightly angry. Yes, Tess may be the new girl of the group, but there is no reason for them to all be so suspicious. Before I can comment I here the door to the Crashdown open and turn to see Max rush in. I see Maria turn and head towards the back. If I know Michael, he’s called her away to keep her from causing a scene with Tess.

"Worry? Of course we worried!" Max says as he steps closer trying not to attract any more attention to us. "I thought something might have happened. Was Alex with you?"

My heart is pumping fast in my chest. I like the rest of the group I'm desperately hoping she'll know where Alex is. I look down at the petite blonde. I still have my arm draped over her shoulder. I can feel her tense at Max’s words. I know that his words have hurt her. She longs for his acceptance and love. I knot is forming in my throat. Is that jealousy I am feeling or sadness for her? She looks up at Max, masking her emotions well. She looks quiet confused as she answers, “Alex? Why would he be with me?” I haven’t seen Alex since right after Prom, I think.”

I catch Liz out of the corner of my eye. I know how being around Max hurts her. I am still confused on that relationship. But I can tell that Liz is trying to contain herself. I watch her head in the direction that Maria just took. I know they are both hurting, but I am so tired of them trying to blame Tess for everything bad that happens.

Max’s expression turns grim. I know what he’s thinking. They still don’t know about the burnt body in the desert. Oh god, please don’t let it be Alex. But my gut tells me that the likelihood of us finding Alex alive is getting slimmer and slimmer by the minute. Max continues. “I don’t know why he’d be with you, but he disappeared the same time you did. We didn’t know what happened to either of you. I know I barged in the middle here. I didn’t hear what you said before. Where have you been?”

I clear my throat and turn to Max. I squeeze Tess’s shoulder to let her know that I am here for her before I speak, “She was visiting some old friends of Nasedo’s." I move slightly closer to Max and whisper, " We are drawing a little attention and I think we really need to get everyone in the back. I know you were with my dad and I just got here seconds before you, I have not been able to tell the others what he found but I think we need to discuss this further in private, Max.”
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

*Maria*

Michael gives me this ‘be reasonable‘ look and I instantly want to pout. I know she has something to do with Alex‘s disappearance. Just give me fifteen minutes alone in a room with her. Freaky alien powers or not I will beat a confession out of the lying and manipulating bitch.

"Listen, Maria. Let Max deal with it, and just stay back here with me," He states his voice low and soothing. That’s not fair. He knows exactly how to calm me down. In one swift movement he pulls me into his arms. I have no choice but to allow myself to revel in how safe I feel in his embrace. His expert hands trace soft circles around my arms. Granting at least part of my wish he moves us to the door so that we can hear what is being said.

“Alex? Why would he be with me?” She feigns innocence. Grinding my teeth I start forward but am caught by shoulders. My strong if not caring boyfriend literally holds me back. My fists are now clenched and in the attack position. There is no way Alex would just take off without telling anyone. Tess did at the exact same time. That can’t be a coincidence. If there’s anything I’ve learned in Roswell is to expect the unexpected. That bleach blonde tramp knows what happened to my friend and I won’t let her leave until I get some answers.

"Relax," Michael whispers his hot breath dancing across my cheek. I shudder but not from anger. “I’m sorry.” I mutter clearly frustrated. “I just…” I let out a harsh sigh. “I’m worried for Alex. He’s been gone too long. With every passing day the probability of him coming home lowers. If he’s…” I can’t even say it. “I don’t know what I’ll do, Michael.” I admit my voice filled with sorrow. :D
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Tess*

Max scrunches his eyebrows together as if he’s debating whether or not to believe me. Where is the trust? A lifetime ago we were inseparable. Not even our untimely demise could keep us apart. Now it seems as if he’s ready to invoke the old ‘death do us part’ component of the vows. Do I really mean so little to him? I wonder if he had more memories of our past together would he feel differently?

“I don't know why he'd be with you, but he disappeared the same time you did. We didn't know what happened to either one of you," He attempts in vain to explain. "I know I barged in the middle here. I didn't hear what you said before. Where have you been?" I open my mouth ready to repeat my cover story. I am pleasantly surprised when Kyle jumps in to defend me. “She was visiting some old friends of Nasedo’s." He moves closer to Max to whisper something I can’t quite make out.

Still I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on his words because his arm is draped protectively over my shoulder. How I wish things could be different. In another place and time maybe Kyle and I could have been together. If I hadn’t been sworn into duty as a leader and Queen on Antar. I can’t let my people down and whether Max can remember them or not they still count on him.

I have to do the right thing for everyone involved. Michael, Isabel, Tess, and I don’t belong here. Our home is thousands of light years away. One day we will return to our rightful place and I don’t want to have a reason to make me doubt what I’ve known to be true my whole life. Wanting him to see that I appreciate his efforts I snuggle closer into Kyle’s arm. “Thanks.” I mutter in a voice that sounds far to meek and human. :wink:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

“I’m sorry. I just…” Maria lets out a sigh as she relaxes against me for a moment. I can tell how frustrated she is and it's frustrating me. “I’m worried for Alex. He’s been gone too long. With every passing day the probability of him coming home lowers. If he’s…I don’t know what I’ll do, Michael.” I can her the sadness in her voice, and know that she's thinking the worst.

"Maria, he's not...don't think like that," I whisper in her ear, pulling her closer. "Alex is a good guy, he's smart enough to stay out of trouble."

Speaking up to try to get more information, I clear my throat. "Where were you visiting these friends?" I ask Tess, staring right at her. "And why didn't you tell us you were leaving?"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Kyle answers for Tess but the explanation seems more than a bit weak. That could be because it's second hand or just because she can't explain fully here in public. She never mentioned any other friends. Are these protectors? People who would have information for us? We should all have been involved.

"We are drawing a little attention and I think we really need to get everyone in the back. I know you were with my dad and I just got here seconds before you, I have not been able to tell the others what he found but I think we need to discuss this further in private, Max.” Kyle whispers. His words echo my own thoughts. The sheriff told me that Kyle already knew but now it was time to share the dark news with the others, including Tess. We just have to keep hoping it isn't him. We can't do this out in the middle of the Crash. I nod in agreement.

I see Maria wrapped in Michael's arms and I know what she's worried about. I try so hard not to look at Liz and not to think about my arms wrapped around her the same way that Michael is wrapped around Maria. That's over. I wish I had better news. We can still keep hoping that poor body is some other person -- although that would still be a tragedy, it wouldn't be our tragedy.

"Where were you visiting these friends?" Michael demands, his chin jutting forward like a challenge. "And why didn't you tell us you were leaving?" I'd love to know that myself.

"Not here," I say, firmly. We don't need to talk about Nacedo and aliens out here. "Back room," I say, leading the way. I resist the urge to grab Tess's arm and hurry her. I want to get this over with but I don't want to cause a scene.

In a moment, I'm in the back room waiting as the others file in. I would rather go up to the balcony, but that's Liz's territory and it would mean going through her room, which I really don't want to do. Besides, Michael and Maria can't go that far when they're on duty.

Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

you guys, come on, let's get this up and running. And do we need a new Bones????
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

OOC: I hope this is okay. If it's not let me know and I will change it.

*Tess*

“Where were you visiting these friends?" The General demands his tone demanding. I fight to suppress a smile. I wasn’t afraid of The Commander in our last life. Nor will I be in this one. His temper quick to flare does not amuse me. I am his Queen and he will respect and obey me. One way or another.

"And why didn't you tell us you were leaving?" I do not have to do anything. I will come and go as I please. Still I must at least entertain his idea of equality if I want him off my back for the time being. I open my mouth to answer but Max silences me with a look.

"Not here," I try not to let the aggravation make it’s way across my stone cold features. It would do no good to argue. If the King has set his mind to something it is quite frustrating to lead him in another direction. I know this from personal experience.

"Back room," He rushes from the room and I can’t help but look around awkwardly. Isn’t it going to draw attention to us if we all suddenly exit the room? My love so pretty and yet so headstrong. I must break him of that flaw. When we are all gathered around I take the defensive position of crossing my arms over my chest. This shouldn’t be The Spanish Inquisition. I just need to keep my cool and this will all blow over. It has too. The Royal Four will reunite and rule once more. This time I will be calling the shots.

“First of all I am just going to assume that you are questioning me because you were filled with worry and not because you think that I can’t up and leave whenever I decide to.” I take a deep breath trying to curb the urge to throw things. “Max, you are not my guardian. Nor are you my boyfriend so you really have no right to the knowledge to which I am about to give you.” I steal a glance from Kyle’s direction for some much needed strength. I have to play this just right.

“I was in Las Cruces visiting some of Nacedo’s old friends. Now when I say friends I don’t mean aliens. Our protector was a cold and cruel man but he was brilliant strategist. He knew that there could come a time when he wouldn’t be around to look after me or you for that matter.” This is technically not a lie. For he really did worry about our survival.

“He wasn’t about to leave our safety to fate so he allowed several humans to believe that he was a sweet and caring widower with a young daughter. I never got to spend extended time there because he didn’t want me to be tainted by their human values and morals ,but I did see them enough so that they cared for me.” Running a hand through my blonde curls I swallow harshly.

“When Nacedo died it left me all alone. I did as I was instructed and notified them of Ed Harding’s passing. They of course wanted me to move there. The Hilton's offered me a home but I declined. I felt I already had one.” I flash Kyle a meaningful smile. “I honestly don’t know what this has to do with you but Bob...Mr. Hilton had a heart attack. His wife was distraught and phoned in a panic. She asked if I could come up there for a couple of weeks and stay with her twin boys, Chad and Brad while she stayed in the hospital. I couldn’t refuse. Not when she sounded that desperate.”

I tilt my head slightly to the left as if judging his reaction. “I just packed a bag and took off. I certainly did not see any reason to ask permission from people who do their best on a day to day basis to ignore me.” I narrow my eyes at Max. Turning to Kyle I let real sadness feel my eyes. Maybe not for what he thinks it is for but the regret and pain is there nevertheless. “I am truly sorry for upsetting you. I didn’t think. I’ve been trained to be self sufficient. I never even wondered what you would think it meant.” I do feel bad that I caused Kyle strife.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

*Maria*

Michael’s tormented expression breaks me. He wants so badly to comfort me ,but I see the fear in his eyes as well. "Maria, he's not...don't think like that," He whispers softly into my ear while drawing me closer to the heat of his body. My back pressed into his chest feels completely natural. His lips graze my neck as he states,

"Alex is a good guy, he's smart enough to stay out of trouble." I attempt to hide a shiver but to no avail. Have you ever felt that creepy cold sensation that causes your whole body to tense up for seemingly no reason? Well, there’s an old saying that when that happens someone has just walked over grave. Could it be that I am channeling something else? My head tells me to wait to freak out until we have some hard evidence as to Alex’s disappearance. Still my heart warns me that my best friend is lost forever.

I listen intently as my ever supportive boyfriend questions that bleached blonde tramp further. Then Max suggests that we relocate to more private quarters. Michael’s hands slip down to my waist as I guide him to the back room. This ought to be interesting. “This had better be good.” I say quietly to Michael before she begins explaining.
:D