You Give Me Fever (AU/CC) Adult

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Dr. Max Evans~

I can’t say that I’m not looking forward to my first official day at Roswell Grace but I’m also a bit nerved because it has been some time since I’ve dealt with students. Still, neurology has a large aspect with possibilities and having an intern will help lower the case load. If I show the Chief the extent to which I can guide a student, it will only enhance my promotional view. Being the Chief of staff is definitely something I’ve been working toward for years and I was almost certain that leaving my position in New York was going to be a mistake.

Still, coming home to Roswell had been a saving grace, familiarity is exactly what I need after being betrayed by my wife. “Dr. Evans, the results for the test from the patient in room 412 has just come back.” I hear one of the nurses inform me and turn, nodding. I’ve only been on for a couple of hours but I’ve already seen six patients that needed specific testing and have one getting prepped for a procedure that’s scheduled in three hours.

“I’ll take a look at those, if you should see an intern… Parker, direct her my way.” I tell the nurse and walk toward the station and behind the desk looking up the patient’s name. Finding the results, I begin looking them over and sigh. It appears that this one is going to need pressure removed from the spinal chord right at the top vertebrae’s. She’s so young, not even twelve years old. It always gets to me seeing someone so young having to go under the scalpel.

As much as I’d like to put off giving this news to the girl and her mother, I know that the quicker I have the orders made the better. With the results in hand, I pick up her chart and make my way towards the room. When I knock lightly and enter, I find Mandy and her mother in silent prayer and wait until they both open their eyes.

“Dr. Evans… what is wrong with her?” Her mothers voice, choked with worry sounds and it tugs. I became a doctor to help people and sometimes knowing what needs to be done isn’t easy.

“Mandy, Elise, the results have come back and it appears as though there’s some pressure building along a central nerve just inside the spinal column. If this pressure continues it could cause severe brain damage or even death if not paralyze. Now, there is a surgical procedure that can be done to alleviate the pressure, but it would need to be set up quickly. The longer this goes unchecked the worse it could become.”

I look between them both, see the news sink in and continue, “Elise, I’ve known you for a long time and I remember when Mandy was born. I can’t say that this procedure is without risks, but I can say without it, we won’t have Mandy here long. I know you told me you’d rather not hide things from her so here’s the facts. You two need to decide whether you’d prefer a procedure or a medical regimen which could take up to forty eight hours to begin easing the pressure.” Placing a hand on both of them for a moment, I show my concern before stepping back. “I’ll give you two the chance to discuss it and come back in about an hour.”
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
Liz_Parker
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Liz_Parker »

~*Liz*~

Well, it appears everyone's heading off to find who their with so I figure I better do the same.

I walk around the hall for a few minutes and walk up to a nurse at the desk.

"Excuse me. My names Elizabeth Parker, I'm a new intern, and uh...I'm looking for Dr. Evans?".

The Original Rivalry that we all love :)
http://www.roswellfanatics.net/archive/ ... 24523.html

check it out if you wanna read it again, I did :)
Fehr'sBear
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Fehr'sBear »

Michael

Maria clears her throat and takes a look at the chart, as if trying to psych herself out. “Ken Michaelson, mid-thirties pedestrian, hit by a motorist swerving to avoid a bike, GCS 3. Um pupils fixed and dilated. Atropine given for an inconsistent pulse in the forties. BP 183 over 112. Pulsed at 98 percent.”

I look at her curiously. She got all that and only glanced at it for a moment. She seems to be competent. I'm impressed. Of course, I won't show it.

"Good job, Deluca," I say with a small smile, placing the chart by Mr. Michaelson's bedside.

"I'll be back to check on you later," I tell him, and then usher her out of the room.

"So, since you are so good apparently, why don't we visit another patient." I tell her with a smirk. Walking into the room of a stable Jane Doe, I point and look at Maria.

"Now, without a chart, what is your diagnosis for our Jane Doe?"
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

*Maria*

My scrumptious looking superior flashes me a pleased grin and I just about melt into a puddle. Where is the cold professionalism that I strive to convey? "Good job, Deluca," I watch in awe as he replaces the charts. "I'll be back to check on you later," He assures the trusting patient. He truly is an inspiration. I’ve heard that he is one of the most talented physicians in his field. A real visionary. There’s a lot I can stand to learn from him.

I allow him to usher me out of the room and back into the hall. "So, since you are so good apparently, why don't we visit another patient." His mischievous smirk tells me that this one is going to keep me on my toes. I mentally prepare myself for what’s to come. We walk a piece before he gestures for me to enter a room. I do so a tad hesitatingly. Why do I feel lie he’s testing me?

The room is fairly bare. No balloons or cards. Just a single solitary bed with a woman lying unmoving. "Now, without a chart, what is your diagnosis for our Jane Doe?" My eyes grow as wide as saucers. How could I possibly know what’s wrong with her without referencing her chart? Relax Deluca Don’t forget to use what you’ve learned.

Putting on a brave front I walk over to the woman and begin to take her pulse. “Well, obviously she is unconscious but her heartbeat is stable. Tests would indicate whether or not she has a concussion.” I gesture toward her bandaged head. “Though it appears to me that there is no swelling or abnormal coloring. That’s a good sign.”

I notice that her lips are chapped and she is a tad paler then I would like. ” We need to keep a look out for possible dehydration.” I finish unsure as to what he was looking for exactly. “Do we know what caused the injury?” I question suddenly curious as to how the woman got in this condition. :wink:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

I’m sorry for the inconvenience but I will no longer be involved in RP’s here on RF. I want to thank everyone for having given me the chance, given me a home and for the friendships I’ve forged here.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

I am sorry that you have to leave Storm we will miss you.

Does anyone want to temp or keep Max?
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

If I may, I would like to take Max....
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

Madroswellfan has graciously accepted the role of Max. Thanks Mad you are awesome :D
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

Thanks for the role Faith! Sorry if this isnt good...
~~~~~MAX~~~~~
I calmly walk out of the room, leaving them alone to make there decision. Where has that Parker girl got to? I start to walk down the halls to another patient when I overhear an intern at the desk say "Excuse me. My names Elizabeth Parker, I'm a new intern, and uh...I'm looking for Dr. Evans?".

I cough and say, "That would be me Parker," I tell her stiffly standing behind the petite brunnette. For a moment I almost thought she was my 'friend for the night' last night, but Im sure its just a coincidence. "If you would kindly turn around we have things to discuss and I have patients to see...." I say as I look at my watch hanging from my lapel. "Time is of the essence..."
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic

I think we should do a roll call and make sure we are all still in....