Only Human (Adult,AU, Characters Needed)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I walk past the alien autopsy exhibit at the UFO Center but I don’t look at it. I haven’t been able to look at it since I got out of that place last month. So far, I’ve always been able to come up with something more important to do whenever Milton has suggested that I take care of something for that display. Someday I’ll run out of excuses. Maybe by then it’ll be easier although that’s hard to imagine.

I spent a week in that place. A week in Hell. Isabel and Michael and Tess kept up alibis for me so my parents never known I was gone. They did notice that they hadn’t seen me around but they didn’t know that I wasn’t there. Now I’m out and the place is gone and everything’s back to normal. … Except that it’s not. Every now and then, someone will touch me when I’m not expecting it, or a door will open in on me, or some other innocent thing will happen. I tense up and I’ll feel my heartbeat start to race and my breathing stop. I can control it, ‘though. Nobody notices. Well, not so much, anyway. My parents have noticed that I seem ‘troubled.’ I can’t talk to them about it and now they’re talking about taking me to a psychologist. Of course, I won’t be able to talk to him or her about it either so that’s not going to help.

Now why was I coming this way? I can’t believe how easily I get distracted these days. It seems that almost anything will get me thinking about what happened and what almost happened. It’s only for a few seconds. I’m not dwelling on it. But it won’t go away. I worry about what will happen if any of those agents escaped and decide to come after me or my friends again. Or if any of the information they had got out beforehand.

Strangely, sometimes, I wish it hadn’t burned down and then I feel guilty for even thinking that. I wish I could see the results of those tests and the reports. All those things that they were learning about me that I don’t even know about myself. We don’t know where we’re from or why we’re here or even what we really are. Isabel, Michael, Tess and I decided a long time ago that we were probably aliens and Peirce thought the same thing. But there were other people there, too. People who could do strange things that aren’t like the things we can do. Were they aliens, too?

“Hey Evans,” I hear a voice behind me and I do my best not to jump. It’s Milton. Turning to face him, I see that he’s grinning at me. “I know you like it here, but your shift ended fifteen minutes ago.”

“Oh right,” I say a bit sheepishly. That’s what I was doing. I was leaving. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Milton.”

I stop in the store-room behind his office and hang up my yellow vest. Then I head outside into the sunshine. It’s a beautiful day and take a deep breath. What do I do now? Isabel and Tess are probably shopping. I know a lot of people here in town but Isabel, Michael and Tess are the only ones I count as friends. I don’t know where Isabel and Tess are and Michael’s across the street, working. Should I stop by there or maybe just go on a long drive? Well, maybe it wouldn’t hurt to get something to eat.

Last edited by isabelle on Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

ooc: here's Maria's to start, hope this works.

bic:

~Maria~

I still can hardly believe I’m free, that I’m not in that place anymore. It was home, the others like me, were my family. Yet, freedom had been something I thought of often. When the fire began, I’d just barely rushed from the room where my door had unlocked. I don’t know why, but it had taken me several minutes to make myself believe that the doors truly were unlocked.

The screams of others sounded and I wanted to help, could feel the pain and agony that they were in. But it was too much, it was so overbearing all I could do was run. And run I did. I ran through the desert, hearing the final explosion caused by the fire and then entire time I wondered if any of the others had escaped. Surely, my unit had survived. Surely we had all managed to get out.

A week later and I still don’t know if they have or not. What I do know is that I ran into a woman on the side of the highway the other day and she was in need of help, I helped change her tire and she took me in. Strange, she told people that asked that I was her daughter. According to what she told me, she used to live in a town called Roswell but hasn’t been back since she had her daughter, but her daughter died. So, she’s on her way back now and if I want, I can just let people think I’m her daughter.

The cover story works for me, as far as Amy is concerned I don’t know who I am or anything about my life other then the name Maria. “We’ll be in Roswell in about an hour, Maria.”

“Sounds good, Amy… I mean… mom.” I replied, trying to remember that I’m supposed to be acting like a normal young adult. Thankfully I’d seen a few at the different stops we’d made.

Amy smiled as she patted my arm, “We’ll be fine here.”

I didn’t know about that. I was a soldier and I didn’t know quite how I was going to make it without something to train for.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

Soldiers have to remember their identitys. An old rule comes back in my head as I look around the newest place. Roswell, New Mexico. The perfect little town place where my enemies can't find me.

I then mentally shake myself. I know my identity because it is me. I'm a Alexander Witman not XY-5 494. I'm not a soldier.

I'm not a soldier.

I still have to wrap that around my head. I'm not a soldier but it was my life. It was what I was made to do. I eye a sign saying The UFO Centre and I laugh slightly. I can't belive they actually think there are aliens out there. I stare at it for a while and then finally decide it's not really worth it. My stomach quenches my interest and I notice a resturant named the crashdown across the road.
Last edited by Luvya on Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

As I walk out of the building, I notice a guy standing outside staring at the sign for the UFO Center.

"You wanna go in? They're still open," I tell him as I try to read his expression, but he's already turning away. He's heading for the Crashdown, too and in a moment we're moving in parrallel a few yards apart.

There's something odd about this guy. He's definately a stranger so why does he seem familiar? Seeing his face makes my stomach clench. What ever he's reminding me of, it isn't fun. Still, I'm sure I've seen him before...

"Do I know you?" I ask.
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

"You wanna go in? They're still open," A voice asks but I've already started to ignore it. It's not wise to make friends. I think to myself. But it seem he's heading towards the Crashdown.

The guy does seem semi familar and then I flash back to the guy in the white room. I'd only seen him once which had made me realize this wasn't a place I wanted to be. But it couldn't be him. Maybe he has a twin out there somewhere.

A soilder never forgets though. A voice sounding suspisiously like Liz says in the back in my head.

"Do I know you?"The guy askes. I bite my lip though. If he can reconigze me.. what would Liz do or the other two? I finally force a laugh.

"Probably just someone who looks like me." I say with confidence I'm not really feeling, "anyway I just came into town last night."
Last edited by Luvya on Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

"Probably just someone who looks like me," he says. The voice isn't familiar but I know he's lying. I've seen him before. I think it's the clothes. They're not right, somehow. Just the same, I drop it for now. I'm feeling more and more uncomfortable and it's pretty clear he's not interested in talking. If I think of it, then I'll say something.

I continue across the street with him and then open the door to the Crashdown, entering a few paces before he does. My eyes immediately go to the pass-thru window where I expect to see Michael's not-so-smiling face.

He's there, but I barely register it. In front of the window, facing the other way, is a girl with long, straight brown hair. The shade is one I remember well. The girl who brought food to me. The one who looked at me and I could feel her ... I could feel her touching my mind. I tried to push her out but I didn't know what to do. The drugs blocked my powers and all I had was my own determination. I tried to talk to Michael, Isabel and Tess about that only once, but I could see that they didn't understand and I've never brought it up again.

I try to stay calm, walking forward to a booth. It's only hair, right? I don't want to freaking out over nothing. It's almost more than I can do to walk towards that hair. But then she turns, holding the food that she just picked up from Michael's counter. And I see her face.

I freeze because it's HER.

Time seems to stop. I want to fight. I can feel my energy rising, ready to be launched against her. I hold it back, 'tho. I won't use my powers in public again. Not after what happened to me last time. My whole body remembers what it was to be grabbed and thrown into that place, held for days and days and days. All because I tried to HELP someone. But I can't do nothing.

A split second after seeing her turn, I shout. "YOU!" My lip curls into a snear and I launch myself at her physically. Without even thinking about it, I'm calculating how close she is to the back room. I'll shove her back there and THEN I'll make her pay. She's not the one who hurt me the most, but she is the one who's here.

It only takes two steps to reach her, my hands reaching for her shoulders. The food in her hands goes flying, but I don't care.
Last edited by isabelle on Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Liz

I’ve decided soldiers weren’t made for waitressing. I’ve also decided to kill whoever invented dresses and also that humans are idiots. These are the simple minded individuals we were created to protect. At this moment I say kill them all.

“Hey, sweet cheeks, this burger is medium well and I asked for well.” Says the human slob. I’m not really sure what a burger is much less the difference between medium well and well. But I just smile sweetly and take the plate with the high fat meal on it and take it back to the cook.

It didn’t take very long for Nancy to decide I was a fast learner and leave me to my own tables so she could man the cash register. “The gentleman at table four seems to think his burger is not up to standards.” I tell the cook who looks about as happy to be here as I do.

I get the food back but as I’m turning around I here someone shout “You!” and for a split second my hearts stops thinking they have found me. Before I can even think I’m being shoved into the backroom. But I’m not giving up, I can’t go back there ever I’m enjoying my freedom too much and I don’t think my body can take anymore experimentations.

The food drops to the ground as soldier instincts kick in and I shove my attacker to the wall and grab hold of his throat. With my super strength I can snap a neck with one hand but I as I look into the eyes of my attacker I realize just who it is and all my strength leaves me.

It’s Amber Eyes and from the look on his face I know exactly what he’s here for…revenge. I quickly drop my hand from his throat and take his hand and wrap it around my own throat. I remember the warning back at the base not to let the prisoner touch us, that he was dangerous. Well I guess this is it then.

“Do it.” I tell him softly my words barely audibly but to the two of us. I do deserve it after all don’t I? I practically betrayed my own unit, the only family I’ve ever known and I hurt this boy, I raped his mind. I do deserve whatever he does to me..
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Almost before I realize what's happening, we're both in the back room and I'm pinned to the wall, her hand wrapped around my throat. I gasp, my hands flying up. I barely start to raise on knee to try to kick free when suddenly, she lets go.

In the next moment, she's put my hand around her throat. "Do it," she says.

I grit my teeth together. Hating her. Hating everything that happened to me. It won't take much. A quick burst of power and she'll have a brain hemorage or a seizure. Easy. So easy.

Except that I've never killed anyone. I've never used my powers to hurt anyone. I want to do it. I want it more than anything but I freeze again. Just staring. A hard growl rises in my throat. Anger at her for what she did. Anger at myself for hesitating. I don't think I can do it but I have to.

"Max! What are you doing?" Michael says as he appears from the kitchen. I know he's running but it feels like he's moving in slow motion.
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

ooC: One thing I forgot to add is that the x-5's all have cat like pupils and the ones from the Y project have ususual colored eyes that developed during the experimentations. Liz's eyes are a unnatural bright green color with the same cat pupils but since the escape she wears dark brown contacts to cover them up. The other XY-5's can decide how there eyes look naturally

Isabelle in awnser to your question before Yes it is summer time. I missed seeing it the first time :oops:
Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

OOC- out of curiousity did the XY's give them their names like the others or did they make them up when they excaped?

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

As I walk in the door it seems like the guy suddenly went nuts. Or something he rushes up to a waitress who looks semi like Liz infact if I could see her propererlly I could hazard a guess and say it was her.

I speed up a little bit so I'm nearlly behind him. I shouldn't be doing this because I don't want to draw attention to myself.

"Hey, hey listen buddy you really don't want to do this," I say sounding calm and trying to be focused. Even if it isn't Liz I still need to do something, "look, she's an innocent girl. Just doing her job. You probably think she's someone else or something."

I then realise I said the same words moments earlier in refering to myself. I then look over at the girl and I nearly stare at her in amazement.
Last edited by Luvya on Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.