Only Human (Adult,AU, Characters Needed)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

StormWolfstone
Roswell Fanatic

Post by StormWolfstone »

~Maria~

As Amy and I pull up to a gas station inside Roswell limits I hear a backfire and jump into attention, glancing around instantly for any sign of danger. Then, I have to remind myself that I'm free and I have to keep up an appearance. I'm already questioning how well this is going to work, trying to fit in, pretend I'm this woman's daughter... I don't know why I'm even trying. I should be doing something else. I don't know what else, but I am XY-5 656. I am not a normal human girl, I was trained for combat.

I don't like the way these males are looking at me, not to mention the emotional response I can feel from them. I picture getting out of this vehicle, going over to where they are standing and snapping their necks to stop them from looking at me. Except as I reach for the door handle, I see a law enforcement officer pull into the station and feel panic rise in me. What if Manticore had contacted every state and government agency, sending out bulletins?

Slinking down in the seat, I close my eyes and feign sleep. As long as I'm careful I'll be alright. At least I'm not simply hitchhiking like I was at first. I don't know how many people were almost killed and remembered the one I did kill very well. Dirty bastard, he thought he could try and rape me, but he didn't figure on me being capable of killing him.
A List of All My Fics

My Avatar is an amazing Thai actor named Earth, he also goes by Cooheart and the BL's he acts in inspire writing.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Tess arrives and I wonder how she knew to come here. It's a good thing. We need to be together now. When Tess asks what happened and Isabel speaks up but she doesn't answer the question. She only gives instructions. "First, can you mind warp the customers and staff in the cafe, make them forget the last half hour or so. They saw something that could be a bit strange and cause for suspicion."

I'd be pissed off at Isabel if she wasn't right. If I wasn't already pissed off at myself for not stopping them.

"Then, we need to figure out some sort of plan... I mean... if they turn us in... we're toast. I can't believe they are here... I thought they'd be gone... maybe all dead from the fire..." Isabel goes on. Another good idea except she still hasn't explained anything to Tess.

"They were here. Three of those ones from Manticore; the kid soldiers with the inhuman abilities. I saw them up close. Their eyes -- they're not humans. They'll be tracking us. We can't go home right now," I add, sadly, shaking my head. Home isn't ever completely safe -- we still have to hide from my parents -- but it's a good life and I don't want to lose it. I tell myself it's only temporary. I'm not letting those people steal my life.

Looking back at Tess, I suggest. "When you're done out there, we should all get out of here go up to the Pod Chamber so we can talk."

Michael gives me a baleful look, almost another accusation but he doesn't say anything-else right now. I have a feeling I'll get an earful later. "I get the stove and then tell the Parkers that I'm not feeling well," he says. He walks back to his station and rescues the food that's been getting a bit more done than it ought to be and sets up the orders they're intended for.

Loxyanissa14
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Loxyanissa14 »

~Kyle~

"Liz is right. We are stronger as a team than we are on our own. It's up to you two to decide but personally I think our first main consern is Max and our second would be finding Ria," Alex says. He never did forgive easiy. I look at liz.

"For now I will forgive you and your actions but I want forget what you have done and the respect and trust I had for you is gone now." I say with a little more anger than I would have liked. It's hard not to be angry at Liz but she is my family. As much as I hate to say it I haven't been this happy in a month. It's nice having your family.

"Lets Find Maria first. I want her here with us." I say. I don't find this Max person a threat and I miss Maria.
Not all who wander are lost
~Tolkien~

Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

I decide the best way is to keep quiet and let Liz and Kyle to decide. Finding Maria would normally be my first and formost thing but I don't know what this Max guy knows.

Or how much he could reveal.

Then I wonder about their secret. They had to be worried about something if they where scared we where going to the FBI. Suddenly light comes on in the room we're in and I smile.

"And then there was power" I say cheefully.
Loxyanissa14
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Loxyanissa14 »

Hey Guys I'm going on Vacation for a week.....Just wanted to let you guys know....
~Tolkien~

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Liz

I accept that I will have to earn my trust back where Kyle is concerned and it is something I am willing to do. I smile at Alex when he gets the electricity in the building working.

"We need to be careful around those people though. I know they had that prisoner there because he could do things and they wanted to know how but I'm not exactly sure what they are capable of. I think its best if we just stay away from them and not start anything."

"As for Maria I tried to contact her through telepathy a couple of days ago but she was too far away for me to reach but i'll try again."

I close my eyes and consitrate on finding my sister, I have to block out all the other minds in the area and I even accidently brush against the prisoner's mind for a second before quickly retreating. Once I enter a person's mind I always form a connection and it gets easier to locate them but I definately don't want to enter his mind again.

I finally find her and smile when I 'feel' her mind against mine. She'll know its me right away just for years of working on this togther. I show her Ales and Kyles face along with our location. I also show her the prisoner's face along with the cooks and the blonde girl's and put a warning there so she'll know to stay away from them if she sees them.

I cut the connection off and say with a smile, "I found her."
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Tess is quiet after I explain what happened. Maybe she’s already working on the mind-warp for us. I shake my head, looking around. I had her right here. My hand was around her throat and I let her go. Now there’s no telling where they are or what they might be planning. Three of them. They’re all faster and stronger than we are. We have our special abilities but they can do things, too. That fire – the way Liz was touching my mind… I don’t know how to counter that but we’re going to have to figure it out if we’re going to stay safe. Sure, that guy Alex didn’t sound like he was anxious to talk to the FBI but I don’t have any reason to trust him. And why didn’t Liz try to kill me? Why did she ask me to kill her, instead? There’s so much I still don’t understand.

“Wait a minute,” I say as my eyes light on the small bank of lockers. Liz was dressed as a waitress when she ran out of here. She’d been working here. So it stands to reason that she might have street clothes and a purse and fun stuff like that in a locker. Things that could give us a clue how to find them. Behind me, I can hear Michael asking one of the other waitresses to get Mr. Parker because he’s not feeling well. I wait a beat for her to go and then I call out. “Michael? Do you know which of these lockers was hers?”

Even as I ask, I’m walking along the row, running my fingers over the doors. “I don’t know, Max,. I think the second one from the end was unclaimed before,” Michael says, looking out from the kitchen.

“Okay,” I say. My fingers have just found that one and I got a quick odd flash. Something very different from the others. Not the usual muted feelings of fatigue or boredom or even occasion bits of lust. No. Here I caught something like fear but more like … determination. I don’t bother to try to analyze it. I just put my hand over the lock and use my powers to open it up.

Inside, I immediately see her clothes but they’re not the normal street clothes I was expecting. Not jeans, but slick black leather pants and a leather jacket. The top is stylish and sexy. I touch the clothes to move them aside, hoping to find a purse. As I do so, I’m hit with an image. It’s her, sitting alone in a large room like a warehouse. She’s sitting on a old chair, her feet up on a crate, eating beans straight from the can. I feel that determination again and I wonder what it is that she’s trying so hard to do. I also wonder where all the rest of them are. The rest of her army of teenaged FBI soldiers. There had been dozens at Manticore and two of them here today.

“No purse,” I observe as I pull out her jacket to check the pockets. “She’s living in some sort of warehouse.”

Just as I say it, I feel something. A feather-light touch on my mind. It’s not a clairvoyant flash; it’s something-else. It’s something like what was happening at Manticore but this time instead of pressing in, it’s gone so fast I’m not completely sure I felt it in the first place.

Luvya
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Luvya »

~*^*~Alex~*^*~

I know I have a smile on my face as soon as Liz says she's found her. I can't wait to see her... that is if she comes. A thought comes into my mind. If she's pissed off with Liz like Kyle is she could not want to come.

I'm not sure so I don't say anything. Then my stomach rumbles again making me realize that I'm still slightly hungry. My contacts are irratating me so I decide to take them out- both Kyle and Liz know what colour my eyes are.

"Any idea on what we do now?" I'm better at following then trying to lead myself. I know that now.
Loxyanissa14
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Loxyanissa14 »

~Kyle~

I’m grateful that Alex gets the lights on. I wonder why Liz has been living in the dark. Liz makes contact with Maria giving her our location. “So we wait. We are going to need some supplies though. I guess I’ll go get some food and stuff. Do we need anything else?”

I’m ok with being errand boy. It gets me out of this warehouse. “Maybe we can get some cable hooked up to this place. I mean who picks a hide out with no cable?”
~Tolkien~

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Liz

Kyle mentions getting supplies and I agree that I am definitely running low on things. I’ve sort of just been barely getting by.

“Food should be good for now. I don’t know how long we can actually stick around for.” I tell him, “Be careful when you go out and don’t attract attention.”

“Maybe we can get some cable hooked up to this place. I mean who picks a hide out with no cable?” Kyle says and I roll my eyes. I obliviously missed the lesson about having TV assessable while on the run from the US government.

I notice Alex took his contacts out and I follow suit. These damn things itch like crazy. I sit down in a lawn chair I snagged from someone’s yard and prop my feet up on a empty box. I lean my head back and close my eyes for a second before they flew back open again when I feel my hands start to shake. Then I remember I left all my stuff at the Crashdown including my Triptophan supplement pills.

“Shit” I curse when I realize what an idiot I’ve been. I should have had those pills on me at all times. I quickly change into a pair of dark jeans and a black tank top. I pull on a black hoodie on and pull in over my head.

“I’ll be right back you guys go get supplies and be careful. Alex you can stay here and wait on Maria if you want or you can go with Kyle. I’ll just be a few minutes.” I say and I don’t tell them were I’m going because I feel like a big enough idiot as it is. It took forever to find those pills and the Health Food Store in Roswell doesn’t even carry them in stock I had to order them and there is no way they have more in already.

I run out the door before they can question me more and jog to the Crashdown. I hands are already shaking violently and I know in a few minutes I’m going to be screwed. I listen at the back door and hear that Max and his gang haven’t left yet. Shit. Well time for plan B.

I walk around to the front and in the front door. I wave at Mrs. Parker and she comes over to where I’m standing. “Liz, honey, where did you go. We thought you were just on a break.” She says and I have to look away from the concern in her eyes. It’s not something I’m used too.

“I’m sorry, the waitressing thing just isn’t working out for me.” I say handing her back the uniform. “I was wondering if you could walk back with me and unlock my locker for me, I already forgot what the combination was.” I say hoping she would buy the lie. She still has that worried look on her face.

“Liz, are you feeling alright you look like you’re running a fever?” She says and reaches out to touch my forehead but I jerk back.

“I’m fine, really. It’s just a hot in here.” I lie, of course I’m running a fever and my hands are jammed so deep in my pockets the fabric is ripping.

She looks unsure but turns around to walk to the back and I follow behind. Surely they won’t try anything with her standing there right? Well we are about to find out. She walks in ahead of me but I feel my convulsions start to get worse and reach out for the door frame to steady myself. This isn’t good. Kyle’s going to kill me, is my last thought before I hit the floor and my seizures start full force.

“Someone call a ambulance!” I hear Mrs. Parker say. And I want to scream Hell NO!!! But I can’t seem to do anything but shake…