Haven (FF, Mature)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Haven (FF, Mature)

Post by Athenea »

Hope

"Let's go talk to him," Dad says and I nod in agreement and follow him as he opens the door to Xavier's cell. Xavier doesn't move when we open the door, he doesn't even look up, but his whole body seems to tense up so I know he heard us come in. I can't help but think how a few months ago our situations were reversed. Now it seems I have a chance to pay him back for saving me.

In a second I am across the room and I kneel down as I throw my arms around him. I don't know why he's so sad but I want to make him feel better. "It will be okay." I whisper to his and I smile as he awkwardly returns the hug.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I watch Hope rush into Xavier's arms. I want to comfort him, too, but I don't think he'll allow it. I glance at Liz. "We have to tell the others that he's here," I say, my voice low so only she can hear. Then I move forward, kneeling near Xavier. I'm so glad I've had a chance to clean up and I'm no longer wearing Khivar's blood.

"Xavier?" I say, gently, wishing I could stroke his hair the way I would if Hope were as upset as he obviously is. "She's right. It'll be okay. Let's get you somewhere more comfortable. Will you come with us?"
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Xavier

"Xavier?"I hear Max say. He's actually here. Him and Hope and Hope's Mother. And they recognize me. And they don't seem mad or bitter that I choose another path instead of staying here in Haven. It's almost too much for my mind to process right now. "She's right. It'll be okay. Let's get you somewhere more comfortable. Will you come with us?"

I somehow end up nodding my head yes and slowly untangle myself from Hope as I stand. My eyes however never leave the ground. I don't think I could look Max in the eye right now.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I want so much to reach out and put my arm around Xavier's shoulder but it doesn't seem like a good idea. In fact, he never even looks directly at me. He must hate me right now. How are we going to do this? At least he lets Hope stay nearby. Those two seem to have a strong bond. It's almost enough to make me jealous.

"Come on," I say gently, leading the way out of the cell block. I stop and sign him out without updating his designation. He's listed as unknown and that's good enough for the moment. I'm not ready for anyone but my closest friends to know who he is just yet.

Now, where to go? My first thought had been to bring him back to my house, but what about security? Most of the military plans are kept out of sight but what if something was missed? He may be family but I still have to be careful. Not to mention what he might do as his powers return. Should we go to a hotel? No. That just won't do. It has to be home. We have TAG fields there in case of attack. It's really the best place. I hope Liz won't be mad.

"I'm taking him home," I tell her, feeling apologetic.
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Xavier

"Come on," Max says as he leads us out of the cell. Hope takes my hand and smiles up at me as I give her a shaky smile in return. "I'm taking him home," he then says to his wife and I am almost shocked enough at his statement to look at him. But in the end I look up at his wife instead.

I don't think I really got a good look at her the last time I was here. I can see why he chose her. She's pretty and petite with huge brown eyes that look wiser than her years. Her and my own Mother seem complete opposites is every way besides there size. I wonder how Max could have been attracted to two very different women.

I notice Max didn't make his statement sound like a request, but he did sound apologetic. I can't imagine what kind of predicament me being here has put on him.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

As we head to our home, I keep a close eye on Xavier although I keep an arm's length away. He seems to prefer it that way. Still, I wish I could hold him, comfort him the way Hope is doing. I wonder how this is going to end. How much of what I showed him last time does he still remember? What might Tess have told him?

We take the back routes to avoid the celebratory crowds. I keep my attention on Xavier and on the TAG device in my pocket. He doesn't seem like he's about to attack and run but he might if he's feeling desperate. I wonder if he knows how much safer he is here with me than out there in that crowd. They won't know he's the prince but he's still obviously an Antarian.

Before long, we make it home. I'm glad when the four of us are inside and I close the door behind us, but I don't relax. "Here we are," I say, checking for things that should be hidden, but aren't. Nothing in this room, thank goodness. I use my powers to shove a few things into my desk in the next room, even 'though the door is closed and he can't see them. At least, not yet.

"Are you hungry? Can we get you something to eat or drink?"
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Xavier

"Here we are, Are you hungry? Can we get you something to eat or drink?" Max asks as I take in our surrounding. The house has a very comfortable feeling to it. As if it knows it houses a family that loves each other and n turn radiates that love back out.

"No, thank you." Is all I can say. This day has been so strange. I'm not sure where we would go from here or where my future lies. A part of me wants to have died out there on the battlefield with my parents but the other part wants to get to know the family I never had a chance to b with.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Xavier declines my offer of food and drink. Is that a bad sign? He won't even accept food? Maybe he's just as nervous as I am. I've learned to handle stress and my stomach isn't turning as it might have been a few years ago. But I think I need something, anyway. "Liz? Could you get us all some ice water, please?"

Then I turn back to my son. He's still in disquise, looking a bit different than before. Six months ago, I didn't have any clue what he looked like but now, I wish I could see his real face again. But, as Hope has demonstrated, it's the boy inside that matters, not what his face looks like. "There's a bathroom right there if you want to get cleaned up," I suggest. He'd be welcomed to take a shower even, if it'll make him more comfortable. I just don't know what to stay to him. "Or go ahead and have a seat."