Haven (FF, Mature)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I nod as Xavier says he can get aboard the command ship. I’m not sure if it’s true or if he’s just saying it to get out of here, but I hope it’s true.

“Fine,” I say. I pick up the Destiny book that he has obviously ignored. “You should have taken a look at this.” I flip it open and a page appears that shows the Royal Four as we appear now. He’ll recognize me and Ava, although I’m sure his mother looks a little different. “This has the whole story but we don’t really have time to read all of it right now.”

I close the book and move to the nearest wall to hide it again. I leave the orbs out because I expect a response from Khivar. I also remove a TAG device and put it in my pocket, hoping that Xavier didn't notice.

Then I turn to Xavier. He looks up at me, expectantly. I know I implied that he’d be freed but that’s not happening just yet. I move over to him, and use my powers to unlock one of the shackles on his wrist. As we waits for the second to be opened, I instead fasten the first onto my own wrist. “We’re partners now, Xavier. I’m staying with you until my daughter is safe. You’re going to get me on that ship.”

CalLen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by CalLen »

Michael-

I use my last rounds of bullets on the surrounding skins. Tossing it to the side I pull my knife from out of my pants slicing it deeply into an insanly large one that refuses to fall down. I pull it out wiping the blood on my pants, "Welcome to haven bitches." I can hear Max barking for me, isabel, and Ava over the speaker. I grab it, "What Max were dying out here!"
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC --Max was talking to Michael, Isabel and Ava telepathically. No speaker. And since Haven (Roswell) is surrounded by a shield that keeps the Skins out, I'm supposing that Michael is outside the wall???

*Max*

Before Liz or Xavier respond to the change, I hear Michael finally answering my call. *What Max? We're dying out here!* he says, sounding like he's on the edge of a berserker assault. He must have gone outside. No matter how great he is at directing assault squads, he always seems to prefer to be out there getting his hands dirty, one-on-one. I have to admit, there's nobody better at that than he is, either.

*I bet they're the ones who are dying,* I say, telepathically. Still, I'm more relieved than I can say to hear him. To know that he's alive and apparently all right, in spite of his dire predictions. *Hope's been captured again. She's aboard the Skin's command ship.* I send telepathically to him and Ava and Isabel at the same time, hoping the girls will hear me, too.

*They're attacking because of the boy that brought her home. I'm going on board the enemy ship with him to get my daughter back,* I send. And maybe to get my son back, too, I add in my own thoughts only. Michael's obviously much too deeply involved to hear all the details, but I need him to know where I'm going to be.

CalLen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by CalLen »

OOC: well you see I'm really lost since you and liz and xavier keep posting so fast so nobody else has time to even get a word in. I just tried to start somewhere and I'm sorry I was wrong on a few facts...if you could would you please fill me in.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

CalLen -- Sorry. Don't be distressed. It's no big deal. I'm just trying to keep things straight, too. Michael should be filled in by what Max told him.
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Ooc: I guess I’m going to say that since Liz’s vision hasn’t happened as of yet then Khivar’s ship is about to take off but doesn’t when he notices Max and Xavier and whoever else comes along with them. I hope this is okay, if something needs to be changed just let me know and I will edit it to fit whoever comes with them also

Xavier

I roll my eyes (a habit my mother has tried to break me of) when he mentions the book again. Like a book is going to make me believe his crazy story. I am hopeful, however, when I think he’s actually going to let me free but my hopes are dashed when he just handcuffs us together.

“We’re partners now, Xavier. I’m staying with you until my daughter is safe. You’re going to get me on that ship.” He says, ruining any plans of escape I might have had.

“But…” I start to try and come up with some kind excuse but I can’t think of any at the moment so I just follow close to him as we make our way back up to ground level. Once there we go through a door in the wall that I swear wasn’t there before and then we are outside the shield. It must have been a secret exit.

Once outside that retched shield I close my eyes and search out with my mind. I smile as soon as I feel the familiar presence of my Mother. “This way.” I say leading us through the wooded area to a small clearing where one last patrol ship is waiting to take off.

The doors slowly open and my Father steps out along with several of his personal body guards and my Mother. She almost runs to me as soon as she spots me but my Father’s warning keeps her at his side. I also notice Hope is being held one of his guards.

“Well, well, it seems we have ourselves in a bit of a predicament, Max.” My Father says placing his hand on Hope’s shoulder. “I think we should make it a fair trade…your beautiful daughter, for My wayward son… you were one for always being fair, after all.”
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- In the last 12-15 years, Ava has become a martial arts and weapons expert, too. As for Liz’s vision, maybe they changed the future when Max contacted Khivar’s ship?

*Ava*

I hear Max's plan and I immediately bolt from my battlestation. Someone-else can shoot down the damn ships.

*You're not going in there alone!* I shout to him telepathically as I grab somebody's horse and race through the streets. Max isn't my Zan but he is the king. I've come to trust him even more than I ever trusted Zan. I'm not letting him go into the enemy's command-ship without any sort of back-up. Khivar killed us once and I'm not going to let him do it again.

In a few minutes, I'm at the west gate. I catch up with Max just as he and Xavier are getting to the shield. I hop off and run to catch up. As I slip out of Haven behind them, I notice that the two of them are cuffed together. He's not letting the boy escape, I see.

"This way," the prisoner says, and I follow silently.

Max seems to notice me. I hear his mental voice in my head. *He's my son but they told him his father is Khivar. Tess is his mother. His name is Xavier.* I frown, not sure what to say or do about that. It's clear this is going to be complicated.

Max and the boy stop in a clearing where one of the enemy scout ship waits. It has only minimal armament, I know, but that would be more than enough to destroy us if Max didn’t have his shield. I reach out with my mind, finding three short-range weapons on this side of the ship, aimed at us. I hold and twist them on the inside. If anyone tries to fire them, they’ll blow up. *Got them* I tell Max as I continue to look for hand weapons and more threats.

I move up next to Xavier although Max is the one I look to. He seems grim and determined. Only then do I look at the boy. Tess's son. Genetically, he could be mine, but I don't feel any sort of connection to him. All I see is an enemy.

*Max*

I let Xavier lead as we walk through the desert. I’m glad that Ava’s joined us. I’m even more glad when the ship’s doors open and I see Hope. She’s being held by a guard who appears to be unarmed. She looks scared, as I’d expect, but she’s not crying or screaming. I nod at her, not smiling, but reassuring her that I’m here to help her and that I’m proud of her. *Good girl. Are you okay?*

*“Well, well, it seems we have ourselves in a bit of a predicament, Max.* Khivar says. His oily voice makes me tense up and I press my teeth together. *I think we should make it a fair trade…your beautiful daughter, for My wayward son… you were one for always being fair, after all.*

The last comment only makes me angrier. It’s like he’s telling me I was a good leader but that apparently didn’t stop him from his illegal attack. He’s trying to tell me to be fair after he’s killed me and my family? And now he’s stolen my children?

“Come out of the ship,” I tell him, my voice hard. I’m not going to deal with him from out here while he stands inside. Nor am I going to walk into his ambush. As Khivar steps out with Hope and Tess, I spare Tess a stern glare. I’m more glad than ever that my training with Ava will prevent her from mind-warping me again. My hand hovers for a moment over the TAG device but I wait for the right moment to activate it. I see the portal close which makes me a bit more comfortable.

“I would have no objection to returning your son to you but you have none. This is my son, as you well know.” I may yet have to let Xavier go back to Tess but I won’t accept Khivar’s lie. My gaze goes back to Tess. “You stole him from me."

M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple days, RL has been kicking my ass. I was planning on getting something in last night but work went to hell in a handbasket from the moment I stepped in the door. I'll for sure have something in by tomorrow morning!!! :)

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

*Liz*

“We’re partners now, Xavier. I’m staying with you until my daughter is safe. You’re going to get me on that ship.”

I watch in a haze as Max and Xavier leave me standing in the room and make their way out of the building. I stay there weighting over my options, follow them and help Max get Hope back or stay here and wait it out.

Could I really not help get Hope back? As fast as the thought enters my head, I’ve answered it. I begin walking out of the barracks and into the sunlight in order to catch up to Max. I look toward the West gate and see them, as well as Ava. I decide to stick back a little and let them make there way first. I run the plan through my head, what to do in case everything goes to hell…

I walk up to a clearing and see Max, Ava and Xavier standing in front of a ship. I stop behind a tree close enough that I can see and hear what’s happening.

“I would have no objection to returning your son to you but you have none. This is my son, as you well know.” I may yet have to let Xavier go back to Tess but I won’t accept Khivar’s lie. My gaze goes back to Tess. “You stole him from me."

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Tess

“I would have no objection to returning your son to you but you have none. This is my son, as you well know. You stole him from me."

Oh God he knows. I should have known he’d figure it out eventually. My anger at him gets the best of me and I can’t help but say. “I couldn’t steal something that never really belonged to you in the first place, Max.”

“Silence!” Khivar says and I obediently hold my tongue. “Enough of this.” He says pulling Hope close to him and putting a knife to her throat. “Let him go or I kill slit her throat.”