Haven (FF, Mature)

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Haven (FF, Mature)

Post by Athenea »

~Xavier~

I don’t know how long I have been in this TAG cell. It could have been hours or days for all I know. As soon as my Mother’s look alike put me in this power sucking cell all I’ve done is sit on the bunk with my head in my hands. My Mother. My beautiful Mother. Dead. I just can’t seem to grasp it; I may still be in shock.

I hear the humans outside celebrating their victory, a victory that cost me my family. Well, not all my family. I wonder sometimes if I made the right decision that day all those months ago. "You have family here, too." Max’s voice still haunts my dreams.

Max killed the one who raised me, his sister killed my Mother. If I had accepted Max’s offer that day would my parents still be alive? And what kind of loyalty would that have shown them. My parents had lied to me but they claimed they did it to protect me. That Antar wouldn’t have accepted me as heir if I was Max’s child, but that doesn’t make sense. Even now, on Antar, there are Rebels fighting against my Father, claiming he has no right to the throne. Maybe there right and what Max said was true.

And then there’s Hope. She was the start of all this. I’ve felt her a few times in the months I was away but she felt so very far away. Now thinking about her I feel that strange connection open up again. I smile as I feel her surprise and then her happiness, but then I frown and quickly shut her out when I realize that she will know I’m nearby.

As the connection shuts off and I feel her presence fade the other emotions of the day hit me full force. In one battle I’ve lost everything I’ve ever known. I lay down and stare at the ceiling as the Humans start to set off fireworks.

*Hope*

I weave through the crowd of people celebrating the victory. I don’t think I’ve ever seen everyone so happy before ever. I would celebrate with them but I have a mission. I have to find him now that I know he’s here. The loneness I felt from him is scary, especially when I haven’t seen him in so long. So I snuck away from my caretaker the first chance I got. I hope Dad will be too caught up in the victory to punish me for that.

Finally I spot my Dad and push through the crowd until I can fling my arms around his waist. “Where is he?” I ask excitably. “I can’t believe you found him! Is he okay Dad?”
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

Liz

Tess is dead. I never thought I could be so happy at the thought of someone else’s death but I have to admit it’s a great weight off my shoulders knowing she’s no longer out there. The town is in celebration at the death of the King who stole Antar’s thrown and his evil Queen. Hope is with the caretaker for the children and the child we picked from Tess’ body is locked away safe in a TAG cell. Celebration is what is called for on an occasion like this, new hope has been brought to Earth and we can only hope that the skin’s will pull the remaining armies back to Antar and leave us to start a new.

I mingle among the many friends we have made since the being of the war. Their laughter and joyfulness helps me see a new side of them. I stop when I see Hope weaving thru the people, then run towards Max and wrapping her arms around his waist.

“Where is he? I can’t believe you found him! Is he okay Dad?”

I run my fingers thru her hair from behind her and go to my knees in order to hear what she has to say. “Baby, found who?”

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Tess and Khivar are dead. Khivar by my own hands. Hard to believe.

I don't even feel happy about it. I feel... I feel tired. I've never enjoyed killing. Not the way Michael has. It was necessary, that's all. And now, there's so much to do. My mind is racing into the hours and days ahead. How to contact Xavier. Will he listen? I wasn't surprised when he left us all those months ago but I only pray that somethings I told him were able to take root. That he'd believed me a little. That Khivar and Tess hadn't killed all of it. Then maybe, just maybe, we will be able to talk again, to make this conflict end. To end all the needless death.

I watch all the revalry and I wave, giving a nod and a small smile, sharing the victory. It's important to be here, to be part of this, even if there are going to be more challenges to face. Right now, these people have earned this.

Hope appears out of nowhere. She's not supposed to be here. I look up for her caretaker, but Hope is alone. “Where is he? I can’t believe you found him! Is he okay Dad?”

“Baby, found who?” Liz asks.

I step closer, dropping to one knee to see her face-to-face. Putting one hand on her shoulder, I wait for her to answer her mother. She looks excited and scared at the same time but I don't understand what she's asking. "What do you mean?"

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

OOC I don't know if Max and Liz would have explained about Xavier or not, but if this needs to be changed let me know.

Hope

“Baby, found who?” Mom asks me as Dad drops down to one knee so we are face to face. "What do you mean?" Dad asks and my face falls. Why doesn't he know? Is it supposed to be a secret, I'm not sure. But I've never lied straight face to my parents yet, and I'm not even sure if I could.

"I thought I felt..." I say trailing off and looking around again. I close my eyes and consintrate, searching out through the connection. I've never tried this before but its worth a shot. I have to know for sure, and then there...it's him. I feel his surprise that he can't block the connection anymore and his sadness and loniness. I smile before opening my eyes again.

"My Angel, he's here, in Haven. I'm sure of it, Dad." I tell him
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- I'm thinking Max would have told Hope who Xavier was. But that wouldn't mean she wouldn't still call him her angel.

*Max*

"Xavier? In Haven?" I'm instantly six times as alert as I was a moment ago. I wanted to contact him yes, and I didn't know how. But for him to be here in Haven without me knowing about it -- That can't be good. He's a mind-warper. He could look like anyone. But we had the TAG fields on at the gates. How did he get in?

"He was supposed to be off-world," I say, straightening up and scanning the crowds although I'm sure he's not out here in the open. I'm also sure that Hope knows exactly what she's saying. If she thinks she felt her brother, I'm sure she's right.

I stoop again to talk to Hope. "Where is he sweetheart? Show me."

Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

OOC: K, I left it open to be used both ways, so that works for me. :D

Hope

"Xavier? In Haven? He was supposed to be off-world," Dad says looking around at the crowd as if Xavier will just suddenly pop up. I almost giggle at the thought. "Where is he sweetheart? Show me." He says as I know its time to get serious.

I grab both Mom and Dad's hands and start through the crowd, just letting my feelings lead me. I can almost do it with my eyes closed but then I would risk running into someone. Luckily with my parents, people pretty much tend to step out of the way.

I don't even really realize I'm leading them to the TAG cells we use for the POW's until we are inside and heading down the stairs here I let go of my parent's hands and take off at a run. I think I hear them call out my name but I'm too focused on finding him I just keep running. I come to a halt in front of one of the observation windows. It's pretty cool because the prisoners just see a mirror while we can see straight through.

And he's there, lying on the cot with his arm over his eyes as if trying to sleep. He looks different than last time. He sits up as soon as I catch a glimpse of him, as if he can feel me looking. He's looking at the two way mirror with a confused look on his face. He looks different than I remember, darker hair and eyes, even his skin seems a shade or two darker.

I place my hand on the glass as I look at him and he's up instantly and kneeling by the mirror. He still has that quizzical look on his face, as if he can't understand why he's doing what he's doing. He lifts his hand and places it right over the spot where my own hand is. I giggle when I see a small smile on his face. It's funny to see that he has Dad's smile. I bet he doesn't even know he does.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

Liz and I follow Hope as she hurries, then runs, through the crowd to the prison. I glance at Liz, eyes wide, wondering what this means. Had someone captured him? Why didn't they notify me? Hope races ahead and it takes a moment for me to catch up.

I find her with her hand on the glass and a confused looking prisoner getting up and slowly moving to put his hand over hers, even 'though he can't see her. But this boy, the prisoner on the other side of the glass -- it's the one we found with Tess and Khivar. Isabel, Ava and I captured him. I remember his unusual show of loyalty to Khivar and Tess. I'd taken him to be a favorite lackey. How could I have not recognised him, my own son?

His face is only inches from the glass. His hair is different; His nose is all wrong; Even his skin is the wrong shade, but I have to believe in Hope. As I look more closely, I see things that are similiar, but it's not obvious. It's a fantastic disquise. If we hadn't been in the TAG fields, maybe I would have felt him, known him. But we couldn't have fought and won without them. But Hope can feel him, even in the TAG cell. I'm sure that I can too if I try. Our connection is different from the kind of power affected by the field.

"Good job," I tell Hope, laying a hand on her shoulder. Then I focus on Xavier, seeking that connection that we've shared since before he was born.

*Xavier,* I say silently, pushing my thoughts towards him, reaching for his feelings. I remember the day I saw him last. It almost killed me to let him go, but I didn't let it show. Nobody but Liz knew how much I regretted it, although I knew it was the right thing to do. Liz was there through the days of sleeplessness, nightmares and the tears I'd hid from everyone-else. And here he was again. I felt excited, scared, happy and worried. He'd seen me kill Khivar, his 'father'. What could he be thinking? He'll hate me. Can we possibly find peace?
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

Liz

"Xavier? In Haven? He was supposed to be off-world. Where is he sweetheart? Show me." I hear Max talking but I’m still a little shocked Xavier could have gotten thru the gate without being seen. I’m look around a little nervous before I feel Hopes hand in my own as she pulls Max and I thru the crowd. I look up at the building we hold the POW’s in as she pulls us thru the door. Max and I share a disheartening look as she leads us down the stairs before letting us go and running off.

“HOPE!” I call after her and follow running down the hall at a speed I didn’t know I had till now. I can see her down the hall stopping in front of a cell. Her hand on the glass, and she giggles. I look thru the mirror closely at the young prisoner and instantly remember him as the soldier who’d thrown himself on Tess’s body. I gasp seeing the small similarities in his face to the boy who was my husbands son.

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
Athenea
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Athenea »

Xavier

I must truly be going mad. That's the only explanation. Earth air has made me crazy. As soon as I put my hand to the glass it was...odd. When I felt something else, something more to what I was already feeling I jerked my hand away from the glass. I backed up until I felt my back hit the wall. Then I just slid down until I am seated on the floor where I crossed my arms over my bent knees and buried my head in them.

Then its like I can't handle my emotions anymore and the tears come. If my Father could see me now he would tell me I was acting weak, acting human. But he's not here, he's dead, along with Mother. I'm pathetic, crying silently on the floor of a cell. At least, since my face is covered the only evidence of my crying is my shoulders shaking slightly.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Max*

I feel a pang of dispair as Xavier suddenly backs up and curls up against the far wall. He looks miserable. Who could blame him? He's just lost the only family he knew and he's locked up. He's in pain. Not physical pain, but something worse. He's lost. My heart goes out to him and I just want to make it stop.

"Let's go talk to him," I say. I don't have any idea what to say to him, but I have to try. I'm going to get him out of this cell and bring him someplace more comfortable.