Slipping away (Adult CC AU) *Started*

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Slipping away (Adult CC AU) *Started*

Post by madroswellfan »

Under NO circumstances can anyone under the age of 17 read or participate in this RPG. NO if's, and's or buts...

Title: Slipping Away
Rating: Adult
Authors: MadRoswellfan
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything from Roswell, period.
Couples – CC
No aliens

Imagine a Roswell identical to the beginning of season 1 with the exception that there were no aliens, and all the characters are seniors. Michael is not close to Isabel and Max. There is no shooting. Just 6 normal teenagers, whose time is running out.

Max Evans, like the show, is head over the heels for Liz Parker. Except now there’s a much different reason as to why he hasn’t made a move. Until a few days time his reason was because of her boyfriend. But in a few days, Max will find out that he terminal lung cancer.
His mother has noticed he's not been well and is paler and out of breath. She books a doctors appointment but it will take a week. But when Max coughs up blood she makes him an emergency appointment. The next day he has a body scan, and the day after he is pulled out of school for the news.
When he finds out he decides he only wants his parents to know. He doesn’t even told his sister. He wants to only ever be normal. He decides it not fair to ever be with Liz now as he’s dying. Can Max find a way to enjoy his last 6 months?

Liz has the most popular guy in school as her boyfriend. She's going to be valedictorian, and work at the crash. Ever since she was a child she had dreamt of the perfect senior prom. Even though the rest of the school would think of Kyle as the perfect guy for the prom, and even the prom king, recently Liz has had a recurring dream of her lab partner at school, Max Evans, taking her to prom. They have such intellectually stimulating conversations that Liz has started to wonder if Kyle is who she actually wants to be with. Can Liz have the perfect prom with the perfect man?

Alex and Maria have always shared the dream of creating a band in school that would perform at there prom, becoming big and famous for a few years and then they would play once more at there reunion.
Maria has always wanted to sing. But her mother thinks she’s just a dreamer and needs to get serious with life. So her mother has told her either something starts happening for her singing before she leaves school, or her mother will no longer support her. Can Maria make her dreams come true?
Alex is hopelessly head over heels for Isabel Evans. He’s always wanted to write her the perfect song and perform it to her. But as of yet he hasn’t written anything he likes, let alone be worthy of Isabel Evans. Since she’s planning on going across the country after graduating, Alex only has a limited time to play to her. Can Alex step up in time?

Michael’s abusive father has been slowly getting worse. Over the years Michael has sustained several injuries. But Michael just blends into the background. He’s not got anyone he would call his ‘friend’. He’s acquaintances with Isabel and Max, but that’s about as far as it goes. With his injuries becoming more frequent, can Michael reach out before something really bad happens to him?

Isabel’s graduating at the end of the year, and has decided she wants to go far away to a very prestigious college. But that requires money. The Evan’s have some money, but after her fathers firm losing a lot of money this year, they can only provide some of the funds. Isabel does tons of charity work and works her but off even though everyone calls her the ice princess. But can Isabel find the funds to fulfill her dreams?

Kyle is Liz’s boyfriend and thinks he has everything at school wrapped up. He has the girl, he has the schollarship for football for next year... But why does he feel like he’s missed out on something at school? Can he find it before he leaves?

Tess is the new girl. Her dad and her have just moved here but her dad is distant and she feels completely at arms length. She wants to finish school this year, but she’s so very far behind in school. She's been travelling so much with her dad that shes never really settled at a school and besides her pen friend, who as late has written less and less, she has no real friends. Can she find someone to catch her up in time?

The Evans - Smaller characters who are the only ones for a period who know about Max's condition.

Outline of roleplay
The roleplay will cover the 6 months leading to prom. Things to remember:
People will eventually find out about Max after Max being rushed to hospital (but being let go after a few days)
Liz and Kyle wil break up.
There will be a prom when we have built to it.
They will graduate
We will have a reunion
Max will die at some point – no aliens are going to sort him out and no miracles are gonna happen.

Start couples:
Kyle/Liz

Most of rpg:
Max/Liz
Michael/Maria
Alex/Isabel
(Kyle/Tess)

End couples
Michael/Maria
Alex/Isabel
(Kyle/Tess)
Liz/(New character I will introduce for Liz as its ten years on!)

Cast:
Max – MadRoswellFan
Liz – DreamWeaver
Michael – Fehr'sBear
Maria – M&M<3
Alex – MadRoswellFan
Isabel – LizandZackFan
Kyle – M&M<3
Tess – Alizaleven
Philip Evans - DreamWeaver
Diane Evans - M&M<3

Rules:
1) Long posts (at least two paragraphs) with expression.
2) I want this realistic. This is meant to be a emotional yet normal roleplay. I don’t want amazing things to happen so that Isabel wins the lottery or Maria bumping into someone who offers her a contract. Realism please!!!
3) No rushing! I want the emotion to build.
4) If you aren't going to be a round for a while, please say so we can arrange a temp. If we don't here for you for a while and you don't tell us we will recast.
5) If I have both with you on a rpg before there will be no need for samples. However if you are fairly new to rpging I will ask for an audition piece.
Last edited by madroswellfan on Thu May 10, 2007 6:52 am, edited 14 times in total.
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

Hey Mel, I'd love to take Liz! :D
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

She's yours hun.

Also guys I'm changing Max a little... I'm going to make it so its a few days before he finds out. So maybe his Mom can start saying she's making an appointment with the doctor, but they say it will be a week but then Max could cough up blood and Max gets an emergency appointment and they book him a body scan the next day. The day after he can get pulled out of school because the doctors want to see him immediatly.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Absolutely!!! I will make Tess and Kyle's bit above more in depth :) I didn't before as I didn't think people would wanna do this one :D
lizandzackfan
Addicted Roswellian

hey

Post by lizandzackfan »

Can I be Isabel?
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Sure hun :) Just send me a sample post :)
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

Wow guys! I'm amazed we've filled all the roles almost so quickly! As we have I'm gonna start this
We really only need a Kyle now. If anyone wants to take Phillip off me please say! I would love someone else to take him.
Also if anyone really wants to be Alex I'll more than happily let someone else take him and I'll take Kyle - Im happy either way!

That said here's my first post for Max and Alex is in the next post ;)

~~~~~~MAX~~~~~
She comes towards me, her hips swaying sexily as she walks. She’s a total dream come true. Every move bewitches me and makes me fall further under her spell. When she reaches me before she has time to react I gently pick her up and lie her down on the bar of the Crashdown Café. She is perfection. She is everything I’ve ever wanted all rolled up into one.

“Do you want… fries with that?”

I slowly let my hands trail over her beautiful body. She moves her head back slightly, letting a slight gasp escape her. “Oh Max...” She swallows and then murmurs huskily, “Kiss me Max…”

Immediately I lean down towards her, my lips inching towards hers…

And that’s when I wake myself up by coughing. I sit up quickly annoyed that my body would wake up when I’m dreaming of Liz Parker… but then again I shouldn’t be surprised. This has happened a lot over the last few weeks. I lean forward as I cough loud and hard, my body feeling un-usually sluggish. I cough for several minutes, until my body starts to feel semi normal. I take in a wheezy breath as I pull myself up out of bed.

Liz Parker… she could only ever be mine in my dreams. She has this totally perfect boyfriend – he’s like the king of the school. There’s no way I could ever compete. I’m just the normal guy. I’m not invisible and I’m not a geek. People seem to think I’m nice enough. But it’s not as if I’m popular. Not like Kyle Valenti. He’s got it all… I’ve even heard rumours that he’s got a football scholarship.

I’m certainly no Kyle Valenti. And therefore I’m not good enough for the likes of Liz Parker. Which is why I am content to spend my time after school at her parents’ café. I just watch her, and wish that she was mine. I get up and look at myself in the mirror. “Not looking good chief…” I mutter to myself. Okay, I’ve been a little off colour lately… but I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about. I’m probably just not sleeping enough.

I sigh as I walk round to my cabinet and pull on some clothes. I then walk into my bathroom and freshen up for the day. As I do my hair I can’t help but wonder what on earth it is I’m gonna do with my life. Everyone else just seems to know what they want. Isabel wants to go to her amazing college… I hear on the grape vine a couple of Liz’s friends Maria and Alex want to be a famous band. But for the last few years I haven’t had a clue. All I’ve wanted was a girl named Liz Parker.

At least she knows I exist. You see, Liz and I are lab partners. She’s going to be valedictorian. Everyone knows it. She’s the smartest girl in the school. I love our intellectual conversations in class… but I’m pretty certain Liz Parker has never even thought about me outside of Mr Seligman’s class. Why would she? She has Kyle. She even has Maria and Alex.

I’m not a stalker or anything but I do know who Liz’s friends are. When you’re at the crash as often as I am you start picking up on these things.
Okay so maybe also staring at her whenever I see her might have something to do with it…

I have got to get going or I’m gonna be late for school. I sigh as I walk down the stairs and hear Mom making something in the kitchen. I smile to myself. Normally her food is either great or disgusting. But either way, for the last few mornings I haven’t felt hungry. Actually I haven’t felt hungry period. Maybe I should start working out more…

“Hey mom…” I call out as I reach the bottom of the stairs as I walk over to the kitchen I start to wheeze. I don’t understand… I didn’t think I was that out of shape… I mean I’ll be honest I’m quite proud of my six pack… so why am I wheezing? I shrug it off… maybe I’m just getting hayfever or something…

Of course it’s like mid November…

Ah well…more press ups I guess…

I sigh as I head over to my mom and give her a kiss on the cheek. I head over to the fridge and say, “Sleep well? I’m not hungry so I’m just gonna have a glass of orange juice and get to school…” I pull out the orange juice out of the fridge and start to get myself a glass.
Last edited by madroswellfan on Tue May 08, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic

Post by madroswellfan »

~~~~~~ALEX~~~~~
I sigh as I get up from my desk. Okay, so I have been up about an hour. I’ve been trying desperately to write a song… one song… for the one woman I care about who probably doesn’t even know I exist. I sigh as I bite my lip and think to myself… what if she heard this and she liked it. Would she even know it was all for her? Everything was for her?

People around the school called her an ice queen – but to him, Isabel Evans was a goddess. Okay so she never really looked in his direction and she seemed to have a social life where as Alex just had school and his band and of course Maria and Liz.

Maria and Liz… you know I would never have thought I would be someone with two best female friends. They are totally amazing. It’s like having your own two safety blankets. They can tell me what I’m doing wrong and tell me how to attract girls… or they can TRY to tell me to get past my Isabel Evans crush. Not that that’s worked…

I sigh as I look at my clock. Yep… I’m gonna be late to school. I wonder if Maria could give me a lift in the Jetta…

Quickly I flip my phone open and speed dial 2. Well – the crash is number one, Maria is two and Liz is three. Home comes fourth. I think its rather accurate of my life really…

It starts to ring, so whilst I wait for her to pick up I head to my closet and have a look at my clothes. I could always wear the green shirt that Maria always says looks like someone threw up on me… I know she hates it but its one of my favourites! And if my two best friends win every battle, when do I get to win one?
Dream Weaver
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Dream Weaver »

I can take Phillip.....I would say Kyle but since I Liz.....wouldn't work!

:D
My all Genres RPG and Fanfiction board: Champagne Wishes and Cocktail Dreams
The Champagne Wishes Luna Lounge Discussion Board: Champagne Luna Lounge
My personal writings, RPG's, and fanart board:Dream Weaver's Web of Fantasy
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

*Maria*

I sign, knowing what’s coming; we’ve had this discussion many times and I never win.

“Maria it’s a pipe dream. You need to figure out what your going to do with your life.” I nod and continue eating, maybe if I just agree she’ll stop talking. This all started up again when she got my report card. But hey I’m going to be a famous; I don’t need to know about events that happened before I was born! “I’m serious! You have six months until you graduate. That’s six months to decide what you want to do with your life!”

Urge she’s driving me mental! “Exactly mom, six months. Six months and my face could be on TEEN! I’m good, really good and I love singing. It’s the only thing I ever want to do!” From the look on her face I know she won’t back down if I stay here. I pick my spoon filled with milk and spill it on my shirt. “Opps.” I walk out of the kitchen and down the hall to my room hoping she’ll leave it at that.

“Maria we’re not finished here.” Not that lucky. “ You spend all your time with the band and not enough on your schoolwork. You come home after curfew, with no call I might add; and your science teacher called me last night and said you’ve been failing asleep in class!” I try to ignore her as I pull my shirt off and look through the closet and choose a different one. “Shit I’m going to be late, we’ll finish this when I get home from work.”

I listen for the door to close before I let myself rejoice. I sit down on my bed and start putting my books inside my bag getting ready to go, hoping by tonight she meant never.

If you wanna be with me, baby there's a price you pay I'm a…

I pick my phone up off the nightstand and look at the ID, Alex of course. “Ya so mom’s gotten the new idea that being famous isn’t a realistic future.”

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.