Future's Promise*STARTING*(FF, Adult) SPOT OPEN

Like to Roswell Role Play? Like to roleplay for other shows too? Like writing fic, but want to write with others and play off their writing? Then you'll like this place

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Future's Promise*STARTING*(FF, NC-17) SPOT OPEN

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: Welcome to the game, Lyrics! Great to have you on board! :D

Lana

The tension is rising and I don't like it. Dominic has stepped away from me and started talking to Zan, but he knows that his mannerisms will only provoke him. Why is he acting this way? Just yesterday he was his usual self. I know he's hurting, I know that he must feel so alone when all of us but him have been reunited with our parents. But he knows how much this means to all of us, how much this means to me.

Finally he backs off, leaving Max to do what he must. I immediately go to his side and touch his arm for a second time, this time feeling almost betrayed. "For Pete's sake, what on earth has gotten into you?" I hiss, forcing him to look into my eyes. "This is our only chance, you know that."

But I feel my anger fade even as I speak. We've all been deeply affected by our experiences, and Dominic is just like the rest of us. It pains me to see the man I love like this when he's usually so strong and in control. I sigh, knowing that I can't really blame him for his outburst. "I'm still here for you, Dom."
LyricsToMyLife
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LyricsToMyLife »

OOC: thanks, nice to be here :D

*Dominick*

I look at Lana and feel my heart ache again, only this time it's not for me, it's for her. I sigh and pull her aside. I smile a bit and look her in the eye, "I know that...its just thats it! It's YOUR last change, if we do this all of you will have a better live but me....Nothing will change for me, Lana. My mom dies no matter what. And I won't be able to handle that...to be in that place alone....without you here for me. Lana, I love you so much and will give you up if it means you can have the live you should have had......I know I'm being out of line but I think of Zan as a brother, I worry about him and you....I don't even know how to sum what you are to me into words..." I let it trail off and turned awy from her, hugging myself. I knew now that I could NEVER go back, I let her see the other side of me...and thats the one thing i promised i would never do after what happened to mom...
They were all linked. Everyone in the group. But Max was the leader, not because he was a King, or ruler in another time, it was because Max was the glue, it was unspoken but true. Max was the one that brought them all together, that KEPT them together. And Liz is what held Max together.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

*Lex*

I can't help but feel a bit bereft as Zan releases me. I promised that I'd be with him but it was his choice. If he needs me, I'm still right here. I watch closely as Max does his thing. I see the lights appear from Zan's forehead and I my eyes go wide. I try to hide my surprise and almost as soon as it starts, it's over.

Max looks stricken as he stares at Zan, whispering his name. Suddenly I feel jealous. I know it's wrong. This is his father. But I want him to feel MY love.

"I ... I guess you passed," I say. I didn't really doubt that. I knew our story was true. I knew if Max's method was a good one, he'd see the truth. I didn't expect it to be something we all could see. That was amazing.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Lana

"...Nothing will change for me, Lana."

I know that Max is connecting with Zan even as we speak, but right now it's Dominic that I'm concerned about. I understand why the others would be upset with him, but when I look at him I see more than just the facade that he puts on.

"...I love you so much and will give you up if it means you can have the life you should have had..."

I feel my heart ache when he turns away. It has always been hard for him to reveal himself to others, even to me at times. Taking a step so that I'm in front of him again, I reach up to touch his cheek. "Don't you dare turn away from me, Dominic," I say to him almost fiercely. "You know I'll die if you ever do."

"Look, we're all in this as a team," I remind him. He was the one along with Vega who led us down this road so that we could change the future. And now, all of a sudden, he just seems so vulnerable. "We're going to find and save your mother too. Dom, we're not going to save ourselves and leave you to the wolves."
LyricsToMyLife
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LyricsToMyLife »

*Dominick*

I feel tears come to my eyes as I hear Lana's words, I hear her heartache and her pain, her love and her confusion. I can't help but get a weird but great felling down my spine as she touches me softly. I smile and blink the tears away. I take her hand in mine, kissing it and then kissing her head, hugging her close. I pull away after awhile and look at her, "You may be the only one that feels that way..." I didn't get to finish my thought as a bright light appeared and then faded. I stared at Zan for a long time, not hearing anything going on around me. I knew it was set in stone now, we were all here, we proved who we were and that was enough for now. I turned back and faced Lana, at a lose for words...
They were all linked. Everyone in the group. But Max was the leader, not because he was a King, or ruler in another time, it was because Max was the glue, it was unspoken but true. Max was the one that brought them all together, that KEPT them together. And Liz is what held Max together.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

Isabel

The moment Max utters his son's name, I feel as if our world has been turned upside down. I note how his eyes have misted over - he must've seen the horrible things his son has been through. He gave Zan up so that he could have a carefree life, but that plan has just backfired.

"Max, we've got to find him now," I say to my brother even though I'm sure I'm only echoing his thoughts. It might already be too late, but we've got to find him. We can't subject our kids to the hell they've been living in for a second time. "We need to call Dad."

Dad was the one who sorted out most of the legal matters with his friend in New York. He'd be the first person to go to right now if we want to find out any information about Zan's whereabouts.
nickimlow
Addicted Roswellian

Post by nickimlow »

OOC: Double post, sorry.
LyricsToMyLife
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by LyricsToMyLife »

*Dominick*

"Max, we've got to find him now, We need to call Dad."

I took a deep breath, not really knowing what had happened in the time that Lana and I had pulled away from the group. I saw the look in Zan's eyes and it was mirrored in Max's. In that second I knew that Max didn't mean to hurt him... and I also knew that what I said must have hurt.

"Listen, Max, I must say that I really am sorry about what i said. I was just being...well, a jerk. And I was just watching out for Zan. We DO have to find him and we can't waste any more time. We all know one thing, that Zan was sent to New York, and that he stayed there for a while, it's our best bet, we can call you dad also but we have to leave now, before it's too late." I turned to Lega,and smiled weekly, "Listen, Lega, I don't know what came over me, I, of all people should know whats it like to have your fatehr thrown in your face, I really..just, well, I'm sorry."

I looked at everyine and squessed Lana's hand lighty, the silence that was building in the room was killing me
M&M<3
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by M&M<3 »

*Maria*

I sniff quietly on my oils and stare at Max with baby Zan, well the all grown up baby Zan. I let go of Michael’s hand, “I love you.” I whisper to him as I walk to Liz putting my arm around her shoulders. I pull her close and watch the scene unfold in front of me.

"Max, we've got to find him now, we need to call Dad."

“Ummm… Just thinking here guys but why don’t you just go back ten days from now before Zan’s given up?”

*Kyle*

“That’s my cousin Deidre Valenti,”

Valenti?! Oh my God. Valenti no, no… really?! No. This can’t seriously be happening. I look at Isabel; she looks as shocked as I am. Deep breaths Val.. Kyle! Kyle. Deep breaths.

Kyle : Great. So Michael's the boss-man? Think he'll offer a benefits plan? ...I for one am panicking here. I love the guy, but I don't want to be a member of any club where he's the leader.
isabelle
Roswell Fanatic

Post by isabelle »

OOC -- How does Dominick know that Zan's mom was a traitor (not a trader)? And who was Lega? Did you mean Lana or Vega?

*Max*

"Max, we've got to find him now. We need to call Dad," Isabel says. She's right. It's exactly what I was thinking. Dad is the only one who knows where Zan went. Or at least where he started. Then we'll have to get to his friend and then the adoption agency and then to Zan, I hope.

I nod at her words. "We're going to find you Zan. I promise," I say, hoping my voice steadier than I feel. I wish I could hug him. I need that so badly. "I didn't want to lose you. I only gave you away to keep you hidden, so they wouldn't find you. I'm sorry it didn't work. I love you so much." I say these words to the teenager before me but my mind is still on the baby that I just sent away. It's killing me to know my plan worked so poorly.

Then Dominick steps forward to apologise for his earlier interuption. This boy is complicated.

"It's okay," I say to Dominick, still looking at Zan. "You were just trying to protect your family." Family. At the word, I force my gaze up, looking at the rest of the group. They're all our family. My future daughter, Vega. Where did we come up with that name, I wonder. My neices and nephews. Even Dominick in a weird way.

“Ummm… Just thinking here guys but why don’t you just go back ten days from now before Zan’s given up?” Maria asks. It's not a bad question. It would make things a lot easier -- but I know I don't understand the Granolith well enough to do it and these kids were raised in a lab. They can't have had a lot of practice. None-the-less, they did it once. Maybe they can do it again.

"Can you do that?" I ask Vega.